Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford
When OB left with injury and Ford took over I didnt notice much of a drop off.. I dont know what his PFF score was but its the eyeball test.
Good to see in case we need more relief at RT in future.
Reply/Quote
He indeed looked good from eye test.

He's probably been improving in practice and is currying more favour with the coaches.

With Carman getting back into the OT3 role, I think we will be in good shape, should our OTs happen to get nicked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I was surprised they didn’t slide Jonah over to LT.
Reply/Quote
Which tackle gave up a sack in the second half that killed a drive? Let a free runner go by completely unblocked?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Which tackle gave up a sack in the second half that killed a drive? Let a free runner go by completely unblocked?

Don't quote me on this, but I think it was OBJ just before he went out of the game? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Which tackle gave up a sack in the second half that killed a drive? Let a free runner go by completely unblocked?

That was Jonah. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That was Jonah. 

Get so tired of the lack of communication/free runner sacks. Just so avoidable. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

It was Jonah but the Big on Big forced him to block down. The other two sacks were Karras and Volson both just straight up beat one on one.

Cody Ford gave up at least one pressure possibly 2 depending on how close the defender was to the QB when the ball was thrown which was fast. He was beat quick inside once and then bull rushed back into the QB once. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:28 AM)Synric Wrote: It was Jonah but the Big on Big forced him to block down. The other two sacks were Karras and Volson both just straight up beat one on one.

Cody Ford gave up at least one pressure possibly 2 depending on how close the defender was to the QB when the ball was thrown which was fast. He was beat quick inside once and then bull rushed back into the QB once. 

I was actually trying to figure this out. I saw Jonah blocked down but Cappa also blocked out. So, they ended up blocking the same guy with the edge rusher going free. Is this as designed, or was Cappa supposed to block down as well? 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Get so tired of the lack of communication/free runner sacks. Just so avoidable. 

That wasn't a communication issue. Jonah actually did what he was supposed to do.  Seattle ran an overload blitz on the right side, bringing more rushers than we had blockers.  In that situation, the T is supposed to block down and the QB is responsible for the free rusher.  That means the ball has to come out immediately.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:31 AM)Whatever Wrote: That wasn't a communication issue. Jonah actually did what he was supposed to do.  Seattle ran an overload blitz on the right side, bringing more rushers than we had blockers.  In that situation, the T is supposed to block down and the QB is responsible for the free rusher.  That means the ball has to come out immediately.  

Seattle didn't blitz. They only sent four rushers. I think they may have ran a fire zone, but at the end of the day, there were only four rushers. Cappa and Jonah ended up blocking the same guy, so I am curious if there was an issue there. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:30 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I was actually trying to figure this out. I saw Jonah blocked down but Cappa also blocked out. So, they ended up blocking the same guy with the edge rusher going free. Is this as designed, or was Cappa supposed to block down as well? 

I think it was a miscommunication thinking the blitz was going against Volson and it ended up 3 on 3 on the right instead.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Carman can’t even beat out Ford for the backup LT spot apparently lmao

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He indeed looked good from eye test.

He's probably been improving in practice and is currying more favour with the coaches.

With Carman getting back into the OT3 role, I think we will be in good shape, should our OTs happen to get nicked.

His initial punch in pass pro looked pretty impressive.  When he gets his hands on the defender, he seems to neutralize the rush.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:47 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Carman can’t even beat out Ford for the backup LT spot apparently lmao

Right. I was surprised Ford was the next one up at Tackle. LT at that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I was VERY critical of the Ford signing (and Collins release), but Cody held up pretty well to my eye yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 12:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I was VERY critical of the Ford signing (and Collins release), but Cody held up pretty well to my eye yesterday.

A lot of backups hold up well in a limited stretch. I’ve learned this over the years. It doesn’t mean anything for more than maybe 2 games though

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: Don't quote me on this, but I think it was OBJ just before he went out of the game? 

Look bro, I just quoted you. 

Ninja Hilarious Cool
Reply/Quote

Jonah left the guy completely unblocked on one Sack that came from the right side if this is the one you mean.

Inexcusable.

But yeah, Cody Ford was alright which really surprised me going against starters. He sucked all offseason and preseason 
and then comes in and holds his own at LT, crazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That was Jonah. 

(10-16-2023, 11:28 AM)Synric Wrote: It was Jonah but the Big on Big forced him to block down. The other two sacks were Karras and Volson both just straight up beat one on one.

I remember that play now. The commentators made note of it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote