Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford
(10-16-2023, 01:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Look bro, I just quoted you. 

Ninja Hilarious Cool

Well, you quoted wrong information, so joke's on you! Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
FWIW his pass blocking grade from PFF was 30.6.

Reply/Quote
I'd actually like to see Ford given a chance to replace Volson.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FWIW his pass blocking grade from PFF was 30.6.

lol...welp 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The best thing I can say about Ford yesterday is: I didn't notice him
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: FWIW his pass blocking grade from PFF was 30.6.

Of course it was.... Got to love PFF.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

That's bad, but also just another example of why you shouldn't put all that much stock in PFF IMO.

Didn't notice bad OL play from Ford unlike Volson and Jonah, Volson got beat a lot in this game and Jonah had the headscratching 
play where he just blocked the same guy as Cappa letting the free rusher get right to Burrow.

(10-16-2023, 02:05 PM)brian5562 Wrote: I'd actually like to see Ford given a chance to replace Volson.

Yes, Volson has been pretty terrible this season. Thought we would of seen a big jump from his year, it actually has been worse 
than his rookie season IMO.

All that getting in great shape to just get pushed around. At least when he was a rookie he played nasty and hit people with 
physicality. Don't know what is going on with him this year.

(10-16-2023, 02:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The best thing I can say about Ford yesterday is: I didn't notice him

That is usually the best thing you can say about OL lol
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't notice bad OL play from Ford unlike Volson and Jonah, Volson got beat a lot in this game and Jonah had the headscratching 
play where he just blocked the same guy as Cappa letting the free rusher get right to Burrow.

That one looked more on Burrow to me. He has to see that.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Which tackle gave up a sack in the second half that killed a drive? Let a free runner go by completely unblocked?

It was the right tackle, Jonah doubled a lineman & just let dude go into an empty backfield.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one looked more on Burrow to me. He has to see that.

And do what? Get an intentional grounding? Juke the guy when he's at full speed? Call timeout? It was a 3 or 4 man rush & the tackle doubled inside.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That one looked more on Burrow to me. He has to see that.

Don't know what Burrow could of done on that play to avoid that sack honestly. Jonah has to block the pass rusher, as Synric 
said it was only a 4 man rush. Block the guy coming free, not hard to comprehend.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't know what Burrow could of done on that play to avoid that sack honestly. Jonah has to block the pass rusher, as Synric 
said it was only a 4 man rush. Block the guy coming free, not hard to comprehend.

IDK if anyone else was listening to the radio broadcast, but Laps put that one on Play Design or JB. He says JB has to hit his hot read in that situation. If there was no hot route designed it was on the playcall; if there was a hot route it was on JB. He didn't blame it on any lineman and Laps is quick to blame anyone. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Volson got thrown on his back for a quick sack. You don't see a guard get tossed that quick all the time
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK if anyone else was listening to the radio broadcast, but Laps put that one on Play Design or JB. He says JB has to hit his hot read in that situation. If there was no hot route designed it was on the playcall; if there was a hot route it was on JB. He didn't blame it on any lineman and Laps is quick to blame anyone. 

Hmmm, just goes to show what I know lol

(10-16-2023, 02:56 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Volson got thrown on his back for a quick sack.  You don't see a guard get tossed that quick all the time

It is like he lost all his strength this year, strange.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: That was Jonah. 

Yeah, it was Jonah and they stacked that side. Somone should have recognized the free rusher prior to the snap. 
Reply/Quote
Cody Ford has a reputation of playing with a nasty attitude, when he plays. I'll be glad when Brown is back, which he said would be right after the bye, but I thought Ford held the spot down ok.
Reply/Quote