Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cody Ford - A top 'under the radar' signing
(04-04-2023, 04:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Check out the video clips highlighting the movement of our interior 3, prior to Cappa getting injured.  Watch those clips and then decide if they are just "power guys without athleticism".

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/1/24/23569178/2023-nfl-playoffs-bengals-chiefs-mahomes-burrow-mixon

Volson looks like he's moving in slow motion.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 09:21 PM)Gary Milne Wrote: He's not athletic enough to be a starting LG. That's painfully obvious. I admire what the kid did last year being thrown into the fire and at least surviving, but his limitations are very real. 

first thing to know about these message boards

Volson is considered one hell of a guard. A stud. It's useless to try and argue against it

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Not sure about the versatility claim and playing four positions, esp as a backup. I don't know how a player could be backup-quality at all four but not starter-quality at any unless he's just not that good. Maybe you can use him in a pinch, but you can also use players like Scharping (or even Adeniji and Carman) in a pinch. Solid depth, maybe, but "under-the-radar" to me indicates some upside and I just don't see it. Hope to be proven wrong, tho. That's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2023, 09:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: first thing to know about these message boards

Volson is considered one hell of a guard. A stud. It's useless to try and argue against it

No one is saying that. But he did improve as the season went on. I’m not going to get into a back and forth with you. But here you go.

Overall as a player, Volson has impressed. He was a rookie fourth-round pick that was thrown into the fire, but he landed on his feet. He’s not providing All-Pro level play, but he has been a stabilizing force on the offensive line. His intelligence and demeanor lead the way as of now, but there is a foundation for him to improve. The Bengals seemed to have finally found their left guard after what felt like an eternity of not having an established player at that position.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-film-breakdown-analyzing-cordell-volson-improvement-throughout-rookie-season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote