Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford signing with Bengals
per Jeremy Fowler of ESPN. good depth signing
Reply/Quote
eh, he's pretty awful. I would not be comfortable with him coming into the game, even as a back up due to injury. He's living off his draft position at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: eh, he's pretty awful. I would not be comfortable with him coming into the game, even as a back up due to injury. He's living off his draft position at this point.

He can't be no worse than Adeniji Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: eh, he's pretty awful. I would not be comfortable with him coming into the game, even as a back up due to injury. He's living off his draft position at this point.

Competition for the RT spot is all, he is much more physical than Adeniji I will give him that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:07 PM)pulses Wrote: He can't be no worse than Adeniji Hilarious

2022 PFF:  
Adeniji: 54.1 regular, 43.6 POs 
Ford: 41.2 

Yes. Yes he can. 
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Not a good signing at all. I have a strong feeling he’s going to be a “surprise” cut.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone can explain what the heck this means from his Twitter?

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
Follow
The #Bengals' shift from zone to gap/gun-run scheme last year showing up in their OL signings.

Shift to bigger, more powerful people movers to run downhill and anchor a firmer pocket for Burrow.
11:00 AM · Mar 16, 2023
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Competition for the RT spot is all, he is much more physical than Adeniji I will give him that. 

The backup RT spot, along with a few other positions.  Versatility keeps him on the 53, especially in light of the position changes we've had with Adeniji & Carman and possible one for Jonah. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 06:42 PM)Yogo Wrote: Anyone can explain what the heck this means from his Twitter?

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
Follow
The #Bengals' shift from zone to gap/gun-run scheme last year showing up in their OL signings.

Shift to bigger, more powerful people movers to run downhill and anchor a firmer pocket for Burrow.
11:00 AM · Mar 16, 2023

Last season early we were in the Wide Zone scheme and it didn't fit our players. Adding big, powerful guys that aren't all that 
athletic means we should be running a power Gap scheme instead. We did play the Gap scheme last season later in the year and
that is when the OL improved significantly. Fits our players and Orlando Brown to a T.

Getting Orlando Brown is a good sign we are going to run a Gap scheme this season which to me brightens my day. Wink

(03-16-2023, 06:43 PM)phil413 Wrote: The backup RT spot, along with a few other positions.  Versatility keeps him on the 53, especially in light of the position changes we've had with Adeniji & Carman and possible one for Jonah. 

Yeah, and from what I am seeing of Ford he better improve leaps and bounds to even compete for a backup RT spot.

I don't even care about versatility with him, he has been pretty terrible in the NFL. Maybe in the Gap scheme we will be running he 
will start to flourish. I don't know what schemes he has been in? So that could of been what held him back, being used incorrectly?
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Bengals, Cody Ford! Not a glamorous signing by any stretch, but I'm sure that the people involved saw something in him that they feel can be developed or reignited by being part of the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
With it being a 1 year deal I would think very little is guaranteed and he can probably be cut with little to no damage to the cap. Maybe Pollack feels that being only 26 that he can get him some technique and confidence boosts. I would be shocked to see him come out of camp on the 53. However, I absolutely trust the process with this staff.
Reply/Quote
Good depth signing. That's all that is. I feel like the Bengals are frustrated with dealing with a terrible OL/banged up OL. We could have won a SB 2 years in a row if the OL was just a little bit better.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling that they think that reuniting Ford with Orlando Brown, Jr. and possibly Joe Mixon could help him try to regain some of the talent he had at Oklahoma, but I really doubt that would work.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:48 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: I have a feeling that they think that reuniting Ford with Orlando Brown, Jr. and possibly Joe Mixon could help him try to regain some of the talent he had at Oklahoma, but I really doubt that would work.

Could be all about scheme as well. He could've been playing in something he wasn't good at.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:56 PM)pulses Wrote: Could be all about scheme as well. He could've been playing in something he wasn't good at.

In Buffalo AND Arizona? 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:06 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: In Buffalo AND Arizona? 

It's the NFL anything is possible.
Reply/Quote