Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Ford
NFL.com has Bengals now taking Cody Ford. If, a good new OL coach is hired, I could live with that.
Reply/Quote
I think I saw the one your are talking about, they have Jonah Williams falling to 19 I believe though and list him as a guard which was interesting. I'd much rather have Williams, even as a guard, I think. They also had Greedy Williams falling into the mid teens and if he is there at 11 I would seriously have to consider taking him over a linemen even though I know people here would lose their mind.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 04:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think I saw the one your are talking about, they have Jonah Williams falling to 19 I believe though and list him as a guard which was interesting. I'd much rather have Williams, even as a guard, I think. They also had Greedy Williams falling into the mid teens and if he is there at 11 I would seriously have to consider taking him over a linemen even though I know people here would lose their mind.

If you sign either a RG or RT or a fast young LB in FA, or even two of the three, maybe you have the flexibility to do such a thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:06 PM)McC Wrote: If you sign either a RG or RT or a fast young LB in FA, or even two of the three, maybe you have the flexibility to do such a thing.

If you don’t resign Dennard then even if those things don’t happen you have to consider it. We are paper thin at CB with WJ3 then Kirkpatrick who isn’t thought of highly by many here then a bunch of guys. Our CB issue has kind of gone under the radar here.
Reply/Quote
Like Ford, a bigger Jonah Williams fan but I don’t think he’ll fall to us.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 06:26 PM)tBengal Wrote: Like Ford, a bigger Jonah Williams fan but I don’t think he’ll fall to us.

It really depends on who you listen to.  A lot of guys are saying that quite a few teams don't have a top 10 or even first round grade on him.
Reply/Quote
NBC's Mock has us taking Ford and Williams coming in the mid teens. Actually like their mock, Ford and Hockenson with the 1st 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 03:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: NBC's Mock has us taking Ford and Williams coming in the mid teens. Actually like their mock, Ford and Hockenson with the 1st 2 picks.

I would be good with those two picks.  I guess that would mean either finding LB talent through free agency, but the more research I do into Cody Ford, the more I believe that I would be happy with him as a Bengal.  In the running game, he literally blows men right off of the ball, he never stands around, always seems to get to the second level to make additional blocks.  His footwork could use a little refinement in Pass Pro., but he has the basic agility and athleticism to stay up with NFL rushers.  Hockenson I am also growing to really have a strong appreciation for, as well.  He has the prerequisite hands, but his in-line blocking is something that most pass-catching TEs just don't display much of, in this day and age.

With those two, the rushing offense would have great opportunity in the 5,7, and 9 holes!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Walter's also has us taking Ford @ #1. I haven't really followed any college football the past few years especially Oklahoma so IDK.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Starting to really like this Cody Ford Idea at #11, and then maybe resign Andre Smith for a year.

That line could at least function until the Bengals find a new RT.

Then draft best player available Linebackers, and I would be ok with the draft pieces.
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of Ford on the right side, but I like Jonah Williams more if the Bengals are looking for the left side.
If the Bengals do want to consider Ford as a future franchise LT, I could definitely see him starting out at RT or RG for a couple years then taking over at LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If I can't have White as our future star in the middle of our defense (say he's gone) then I would be just fine with this pick.
Reply/Quote