Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody core/offensive spark
I just wanted to make a thread for good luck on Cody core. I've been waiting every week for them to play the guy. At first I didn't like the guy that much,I actually liked udfa's over him. But the Bengals wasn't going to put udfa's on this team Russell and simonise. Then I'm watching Core in the preseason and he looked pretty good. He's a big guy, and can go deep. We need another deep threat. Lafell is exactly who I thought he'd be, he's been doing good, but nobody is fearing getting burned by him. Lafell even had a long ball last game he should of caught but didn't if you remember. So I'm still waiting on Cody core to get an opportunity, but they are in love with James weight that's providing one target a game it seems like, not impactful either. Also I think we will have eifhurt this week. I just think you have eifert and core out there, we would see a big difference in the offense that could take us far.
Reply/Quote
Naww that would involve coaching. Im still curious where the hell Hewitt is.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:02 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Naww that would involve coaching. Im still curious where the hell Hewitt is.

I know that's why I don't like marvin, he don't play his best players
Reply/Quote
Core looked like he was promising but raw in pre-season.  I was envisioning sort of a Randy Moss-lite sort of role for him this season, taking the coverage deep so as to open up stuff underneath, but it's pretty hard for those sorts of plays to develop without good pass pro.  Here's to hoping that the line can get it together.
Reply/Quote
We dont take many deep shots. When we do i prefer they go to one of the best in the business. If AJ is drawing coverage deep LaFell and Boyd should be feasting.

I'd rather see Boyd get going. Get him established as a legit threat and life should be easier for AJ.

I would like to see Core active over Erickson though.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:48 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Core looked like he was promising but raw in pre-season.  I was envisioning sort of a Randy Moss-lite sort of role for him this season, taking the coverage deep so as to open up stuff underneath, but it's pretty hard for those sorts of plays to develop without good pass pro.  Here's to hoping that the line can get it together.

What made you think he was raw?he did more then James wright 
Reply/Quote
In order to throw the ball deep, we need more time in the pocket. Dalton isn't getting that. We've seen times where LaFell and Boyd get open down the field, but Dalton either had to get it away quickly or move out of the pocket. Core may be good, but LaFell has been doing just fine as a #2.

Also, Zampese needs to call routes that aren't just the same routes for every receiver. There's been a few times where you see every receiver do the same route. The receivers haven't been the problem. It's the offensive line and the play calling.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree give core a shot. I'll be honest lafell has played alright but besides green we have no one to go deep. Boyd is good underneath.

Let's pray eifert can stay healthy from here on out
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think we have a receiver problem. Boyd maybe at the start of the year just because Dalton and Boyd didn't get much time together, but he's seems to be getting a lot better now. I would like to see Core out there, but I don't think it's going to happen. What we really need right now is a TE that will make the defense worry about covering them. Dalton has always thrown a high % of TDs to his tight ends. Even with Gresham. We don't have that this year, and we see the TDs go way down in the end zone. I honestly think when Eifert comes back this offense will be a lot better.

The play calling and offensive line is just horrible this year though. I would say even before Trestman was fired we had the worst offensive coordinator in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What we need are 1) formations and route combinations that work against man coverage, and 2) writing lessons for the OP.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
Kinda of reminds me of Slim.. RIP 15.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:51 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Also I think we will have eifhurt this week.

Nice slip there.
Reply/Quote
If we're gonna get a spark on offense, it will come from either

1) Eifert
2) Boyd
3) Hill
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 06:00 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If we're gonna get a spark on offense, it will come from either

1) The offensive line
2) The offensive line
3) The offensive line

Fixed it for ya!
Reply/Quote
Well if they ever give core a chance, and if he looks good, I'll come back and say told you so.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:51 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  I think we will have eifhurt this week. .

(10-20-2016, 05:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nice slip there.

I have to remember that one.  Now that is a nickname that will probably stick. LMAO 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Core has worked real well for me stretching the field on Madden, so it's gotta work right? Either that or I need to be elevated to OC. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 02:51 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I just wanted to make a thread for good luck on Cody core. I've been waiting every week for them to play the guy.  At first I didn't like the guy that much,I actually liked udfa's over him.  But the Bengals wasn't going to put udfa's on this team Russell and simonise.  Then I'm watching Core in the preseason and he looked pretty good.  He's a big guy, and can go deep.  We need another deep threat. Lafell is exactly who I thought he'd be, he's been doing good, but nobody is fearing getting burned by him. Lafell even had a long ball last game he should of caught but didn't if you remember. So I'm still waiting on Cody core to get an opportunity, but they are in love with James weight that's providing one target a game it seems like, not impactful either.  Also I think we will have eifhurt this week.  I just think you have eifert and core out there, we would see a big difference in the offense that could take us far.

Core could definately be a spark for us in not only the passing game but on ST's where he is a good
blocker, we have sucked at blocking on returns this year. Need some time for Dalton to go deep as
well of course. Maybe if the OL could block a little in the run game it could open up a PA pass or two.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Core could definately be a spark for us in not only the passing game but on ST's where he is a good
blocker, we have sucked at blocking on returns this year. Need some time for Dalton to go deep as
well of course. Maybe if the OL could block a little in the run game it could open up a PA pass or two.

How can you make that statement?

He has only been active for one NFL game, so no one knows if his any good blocking on special teams.  For all we know his practice blocking on teams might very well be the reason he has been inactive five times.  And before you say you know he is good at it because of how well he did it in the preseason, remember these two words: Alex Erickson.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 03:48 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Core looked like he was promising but raw in pre-season.  I was envisioning sort of a Randy Moss-lite sort of role for him this season, taking the coverage deep so as to open up stuff underneath, but it's pretty hard for those sorts of plays to develop without good pass pro.  Here's to hoping that the line can get it together.

If you don't have good pass pro, you need to stretch the defense and attack it with multiple targets while getting the ball out early.  Instead, they bring in extra blockers, tighten up the defense, and send two or three targets out in a pattern which is only helping the defense.  

I would also like to see the Bengals run some Jet sweeps, even if they don't always hand it off, so they can slow down some of the rush.  And, maybe, just once a game RUN THE GD *^#&%$#*( TE SCREEN THAT GOES FOR 10 FRIGGIN YARDS EVERY TIME THEY RUN IT!!!

This team has such a weak attitude it makes me want to vomit.  
Reply/Quote