Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody core
I unfortunately don't have time to attend camp but I'm hearing alot about core. Ive heard he's not quite a lock but he's done enough to where people think he's making the roster.

From the highlights it looks like he has good hands and a big body, just wondering for anyone thats been to camp or studied his game at all who would you compare his game to? Big body with speed, seems like he could be a good addition to this team.
Reply/Quote
Just based on what any of us can find on the web, he's having a great camp. Have you seen the videos of him beating Chykie Brown like a damn drum? I know that's a pretty low bar, but I've only heard good things out of camp about Cody's game.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No news is good news I guess as long as Hobson isn't making him sound like a sure HOF lock he should be ok.. If hobs does spend all week writing about his personal life and comparing him to the all time greats of the NFL start worrying..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I saw one highlight of him catching a ball for a touchdown that looked like a slant. It was intentionally thrown to the upper portion of his body (if I remember right) and he was able to snag it without having to jump or anything over shorter defenders.

Hard to make any evaluations off one play, but I think the kid has talent.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I think he will good be good for our receiving CORE...maybe.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 08:11 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I think he will good be good for our receiving CORE...maybe.

What about our receiving CORPSE?!
Reply/Quote
Big body that may be a RZ threat. I don't see him contributing much this year unless an injury occurs.

Reply/Quote
I think Core has a very good shot at making the rosters just because he was known for his special teams play in college.

That is how Wright made the roster a coupld of years ago.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 09:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Core has a very good shot at making the rosters just because he was known for his special teams play in college.

That is how Wright made the roster a coupld of years ago.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If he makes the team, it will be due to special teams and he stayed healthy in camp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
From what I've seen/read, Core is putting the work in. The only WR(s) that are a lock would be Green, LaFell, and Boyd. With the sudden injury bug hitting the TE group, I see the Bengals keeping at least 6 WR(s) on the roster this season... (doubt we keep 7) I think he might hate fate working on his side.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Yup. He looks waaayyy better now than he did in the rookie camp and OTAs. He has to be good on special teams coverage. He had a couple nice catches from McCarron in the mock game. Right on about the wideouts after Boyd. Right now Tate is in because he's in front of Alford on special teams. TE situation is interesting roster-wise because they can't put Eifert and Kroft on the IR even if they are slow coming back. So they will have to carry them into week 1 regardless.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 09:41 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yup. He looks waaayyy better now than he did in the rookie camp and OTAs. He has to be good on special teams coverage. He had a couple nice catches from McCarron in the mock game. Right on about the wideouts after Boyd. Right now Tate is in because he's in front of Alford on special teams. TE situation is interesting roster-wise because they can't put Eifert and Kroft on the IR even if they are slow coming back. So they will have to carry them into week 1 regardless.

Does the 6-week PUP list still exist?  I could see either one of them ending up on that.  I know that isn't what anyone wants, but the disclosure (or lack thereof) of the extent of the injuries could just be to prevent teams from having to prepare more against two TE sets.  If either Kroft or Eifert is not close to ready by week 1, they may put them on the 6 week PUP.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Does the 6-week PUP list still exist?  I could see either one of them ending up on that.  I know that isn't what anyone wants, but the disclosure (or lack thereof) of the extent of the injuries could just be to prevent teams from having to prepare more against two TE sets.  If either Kroft or Eifert is not close to ready by week 1, they may put them on the 6 week PUP.  

yeah but they cant have practiced 1 time in training camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Does the 6-week PUP list still exist?  I could see either one of them ending up on that.  I know that isn't what anyone wants, but the disclosure (or lack thereof) of the extent of the injuries could just be to prevent teams from having to prepare more against two TE sets.  If either Kroft or Eifert is not close to ready by week 1, they may put them on the 6 week PUP.  

Eifert could, Kroft cannot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote