Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee Mate = Vegetable Oil
Sometimes we will have Coffee Mate around the house and I decided I would use some this morning. So I spin the bottle around to read the ingredients out of curiosity and found out one of the first ingredients in it is vegetable oil. Maybe it's just me but I had no idea and it has pretty much ruined it for me.

Sticking with half and half until I become manly enough to drink it black. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:54 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Sometimes we will have Coffee Mate around the house and I decided I would use some this morning. So I spin the bottle around to read the ingredients out of curiosity and found out one of the first ingredients in it is vegetable oil. Maybe it's just me but I had no idea and it has pretty much ruined it for me.

Yep, those non-dairy creamer ingredients are basically chemical warfare. Since I have dairy product issues, I have little choice myself regarding manning up to black coffee. Or just taking it out of my routine and stick with bourbon for that morning jump-start.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
2 spoons of sugar. That's about it.

But on rare occasions, I will drop a couple spoons of the powdered hot chocolate mix in my coffee.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like my coffee like I like my men.  Strong and black.  Pitt Sux

Sorry, that's a running joke around these parts. 

Seriously though, I drink my coffee straight.  No funny stuff.  Unless I'm at a café for breakfast or brunch.  Then i'll load my cup up with all the cream and sugar I can get my hands on.  But only pure sugar, none of that Sweet N Low or Splenda or Equal crap. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:54 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Sometimes we will have Coffee Mate around the house and I decided I would use some this morning. So I spin the bottle around to read the ingredients out of curiosity and found out one of the first ingredients in it is vegetable oil. Maybe it's just me but I had no idea and it has pretty much ruined it for me.

What is coffee mate?

I drink coffee but I hardly ever put anything in it.    Maybe a little bit of sugar.   or occasionally some Chocolate syrup. or a shot of expresso lol..

Drinking it black isn't that bad...  But bad coffee has no where to hid so you gotta find an actual bean you like
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 03:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What is coffee mate?

I drink coffee but I hardly ever put anything in it.    Maybe a little bit of sugar.   or occasionally some Chocolate syrup. or a shot of expresso lol..

Drinking it black isn't that bad...  But bad coffee has no where to hid so you gotta find an actual bean you like

It's a creamer by Nestle they sell in the milk coolers. It's supposed to be a little creamier than milk but not as expensive as half and half I think.

I usually drink 8 o clock coffee it's a little pricier than Foldgers or Maxwell house but I can't stand a bad batch of beans I can smell it a mile away.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 01:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I like my coffee like I like my men.  Strong and black.  Pitt Sux

Sorry, that's a running joke around these parts. 

Seriously though, I drink my coffee straight.  No funny stuff.  Unless I'm at a café for breakfast or brunch.  Then i'll load my cup up with all the cream and sugar I can get my hands on.  But only pure sugar, none of that Sweet N Low or Splenda or Equal crap. 

Used to tell my ex that I liked my coffee like I liked my women: cold and bitter.  Used to.

Prefer my coffee blond and sweet, or sweet at minimum.  Cannot drink it black and won't even try.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I can't put that crap in my coffee. Then again, I don't put anything in my coffee. I just drink black coffee all day every day.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I drink my hot coffee black and my iced coffee with a shot of vanilla in it.

Iced coffee has grown on me. Love it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Yea I can't do Coffee Mate.  If your looking for something with less fat than Half n Half, I just use milk 2%. And yes I can drink it black if I have no milk.  Every now and again I'll get a Café Mocha from starbucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:23 PM)Benton Wrote: 2 spoons of sugar. That's about it.

But on rare occasions, I will drop a couple spoons of the powdered hot chocolate mix in my coffee.

Saw a barrista putting chocolate syrup in a coffee and light bulb went off. Nestle Quick (mostly sugar) is a great addition to coffee!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 03:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's a creamer by Nestle they sell in the milk coolers. It's supposed to be a little creamier than milk but not as expensive as half and half I think.

I usually drink 8 o clock coffee it's a little pricier than Foldgers or Maxwell house but I can't stand a bad batch of beans I can smell it a mile away.

Did you get an email from 8 o clock coffee recently? Kinda creepy that they know who I am and where I am but they gave me some nice incentives to buy direct from them online and it saves me my normal trip to 4 stores before I can find whole beans. If you aren't in already think about it.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I can't put that crap in my coffee. Then again, I don't put anything in my coffee. I just drink black coffee all day every day.

Your Teutonic forebears would be proud!

"Ja, er ist ein Uberman!"
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 03:43 PM)xxlt Wrote: Did you get an email from 8 o clock coffee recently? Kinda creepy that they know who I am and where I am but they gave me some nice incentives to buy direct from them online and it saves me my normal trip to 4 stores before I can find whole beans. If you aren't in already think about it.

Thinks for the heads up It's probably hidden somewhere in my email.

Yeah we have trouble finding whole beans sometimes too. The percolator does not work well with the pre-grinded.
Reply/Quote