Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee shop refuses to serve man caught on tape confronting Muslim woman
(05-17-2018, 09:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You absolutely suggested that the man was not the one being disrruptive.

This is what you always do.  Throw out a comment and then try to act like you never said it.

Then when everyone calls you on it you play your victim card and run away.

I can't remember who was the "I never said that" guy on the old boards.  I forgot (again) about that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-17-2018, 09:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well that's a definite "asked for it".   And when you show up at the Bengals Board Bash wearing one, it's going to be like high school all over again.

Yep, thems the breaks.  It just takes a certain type of person to be able to tolerate someone wearing/doing something that upsets him...god help us, we just don't seem to have that strength of character within our society.  We're a bunch of snowflakes, I tells ya.

Anyways, businesses are private property and can incorporate a "no facial coverings" policy if they wish.  I worked for a sports team and we didn't let in patrons with masks for obvious safety reasons.  When women in burkas start using their religious freedom as a means to facilitate armed robbery then we might have a case against it.  

At any rate, this intolerance for the beliefs/clothing/lifestyles of others and an insistence to find ways to quash it in the name of safety is just the latest sign that Americans really aren't as into the concept of freedom as they think. Some folks have a mindset that they LOVE freedom! Yay USA freedom is awesome USA! However, we must promote MY freedoms and ban the freedoms with which I don't agree in the name of safety and the good of us all. See, I still love freedom...but your freedoms are bad things, so I'm not a hypocrite. "murica!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2018, 09:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You absolutely suggested that the man was not the one being disrruptive.

This is what you always do.  Throw out a comment and then try to act like you never said it.

Then when everyone calls you on it you play your victim card and run away.

And what you do it extract snippits of quotes to try and make a point that you cannot make by addressing an entire quote.

Of course I said "I not sure the man was being disruptive" given what we saw on the video, where the hell have I tried to act like I never said it? I suppose that is different than your I'm absolutely sure the man was being disruptive because he's a hateful bigot.

As to the last, this is why conversations on this thread go into the gutter. When one party bows out the other claims they are the "winner". As I said numerous times conversations here with some is like playing chess with a pigeon. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-17-2018, 10:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, thems the breaks.  It just takes a certain type of person to be able to tolerate someone wearing/doing something that upsets him...god help us, we just don't seem to have that strength of character within our society.  We're a bunch of snowflakes, I tells ya.

Anyways, businesses are private property and can incorporate a "no facial coverings" policy if they wish.  I worked for a sports team and we didn't let in patrons with masks for obvious safety reasons.  When women in burkas start using their religious freedom as a means to facilitate armed robbery then we might have a case against it.  

At any rate, this intolerance for the beliefs/clothing/lifestyles of others and an insistence to find ways to quash it in the name of safety is just the latest sign that Americans really aren't as into the concept of freedom as they think.  Some folks have a mindset that they LOVE freedom!  Yay USA freedom is awesome USA!  However, we must promote MY freedoms and ban the freedoms with which I don't agree in the name of safety and the good of us all.  See, I still love freedom...but your freedoms are bad things, so I'm not a hypocrite.  "murica!

I'm pretty sure the right to make fun of people with spiked collars is in the Bill of Rights, but I do admire your passion in defending them. Tongue
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Another day, another guy with a tiny dick.

http://gothamist.com/2018/05/16/nyc_bigot_fresh_kitchen_video.php

Apparently he’s too sensitive to live in the most diverse city on the planet, he should try Alabama or Mississippi.
(05-17-2018, 10:21 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another day, another guy with a tiny dick.

Apparently he’s too sensitive to live in the most diverse city on the planet, he should try Alabama or Mississippi.

The big problem is it's so stupid to assume they are even here illegally because they speak Spanish among themselves.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-17-2018, 10:21 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Another day, another guy with a tiny dick.

Now the man in that video appears to be very disruptive; however, I didn't get a good look at his johnson.

(05-17-2018, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The big problem is it's so stupid to assume they are even here illegally because they speak Spanish among themselves.

I enjoyed the part about how he has to pay their welfare, when he was complaining about them speaking Spanish at work. 

(05-17-2018, 12:05 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Except we don't because of religious freedom in this country.  Their are no laws that I'm aware of that require "open faces" (a term I'm fairly certain you made up), and if there are, you can bet they are being challenged in court as unconstitutional.  Face it veils and hijabs just make YOU uncomfortable and that hang up is on YOU.

Start wearing a mask around and let’s how many times you get stopped. Good luck getting into a government building, school, or any building with security.
(05-17-2018, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The big problem is it's so people are so stupid to assume they are even here illegally because they speak Spanish among themselves.

Fixed that.  Stupid people.  Racist people.  I'd assume one is usually found in a subset of the other.

Also "alpha males".  They are real good at yelling about "their rights" and how other people are abusing them.  Smirk
Recent threads have deteriorated into the "You this" and "You that" bickering, enough so that it indicates members need to refresh their memory of our Code of Conduct, at least for those of you who enjoy the privileges this board offers. Below is a direct link to our Code, and I urge all to review it in its entirety. If anyone has any questions/comments, please direct them to an Admin via Private Message.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Code-of-Conduct?pid=25541#pid25541
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(05-17-2018, 10:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I enjoyed the part about how he has to pay their welfare, when he was complaining about them speaking Spanish at work. 

They're working under the table and going to our government and saying "Aye have zero dollar, help!" so, yes he is paying their welfare even though they are working.  They could make six figures and they'd still be getting welfare because that's how it works, apparently.
(05-17-2018, 10:23 AM)michaelsean Wrote: The big problem is it's so stupid to assume they are even here illegally because they speak Spanish among themselves.

I know right.

Overall the lack of knowledge of the immigration process here is amazing. I hope they force invitations to get visas, it would force USC to at least know some basics.
(05-17-2018, 10:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Overall the lack of knowledge of the immigration process here is amazing.

Seeing as we elected the politician who benefited the most from that ignorance, I can't say I'm optimistic that enlightenment is around the corner.
(05-17-2018, 10:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know right.  

Overall the lack of knowledge of the immigration process here is amazing.  I hope they force invitations to get visas, it would force USC to at least know some basics.

Yep.  Like people who oppose DACA and have no idea what qualifies someone for it.

Or people who call illegals savages.

The overall lack of knowledge is bad.
(05-17-2018, 10:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Start wearing a mask around and let’s how many times you get stopped. Good luck getting into a government building, school, or any building with security.

And I'm sure that exceptions are made for places in which ID needs to be verified.  However in general it is not against the law.  Something makes me think that you already knew that though.  :andy:  I work in an area with a very high immigration population.  specifically a lot of Indians and Middle easterners and Hispanics and I see a lot of veils and nobody stops them, not staff wise anyway. I'm pretty sure they are not being stopped else where in the general public except in the places you and I agreed on above.
(05-17-2018, 03:01 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: And I'm sure that exceptions are made for places in which ID needs to be verified.  However in general it is not against the law.  Something makes me think that you already knew that though.  :andy:  I work in an area with a very high immigration population.  specifically a lot of Indians and Middle easterners and Hispanics and I see a lot of veils and nobody stops them, not staff wise anyway. I'm pretty sure they are not being stopped else where in the general public except in the places you and I agreed on above.

This is a massive security issue. There is a reason they put your photo on your official identification. I am not sure where you are but I am sure there a lot of places who aren’t serious about security. By not questioning this ninja costume, which btw Muslims didn’t always wear, you open yourself up to issues. Several countries have banned them over this very fact. I deal with these people often and it’s always a charade to verify identity.
(05-17-2018, 05:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is a massive security issue.  There is a reason they put your photo on your official identification.  I am not sure where you are but I am sure there a lot of places who aren’t serious about security.   By not questioning this ninja costume, which btw Muslims didn’t always wear,  you open yourself up to issues.   Several countries have banned them over this very fact.   I deal with these people often and it’s always a charade to verify identity.

No it's really not.  When ID needs to be verified I've not heard of it being an issue. Cop pulls you over and needs to confirm your ID they comply.  But if you're just grocery shopping it's not a "massive security issue."  And the countries that have banned them, did so more for xenophobic reasons under the veil (pun intended) of security reasons.

Btw I love how you can't help but feel that you're expert and know how long Muslims have been wearing "ninja costumes".
(05-17-2018, 06:57 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: No it's really not.  When ID needs to be verified I've not heard of it being an issue. Cop pulls you over and needs to confirm your ID they comply.  But if you're just grocery shopping it's not a "massive security issue."  And the countries that have banned them, did so more for xenophobic reasons under the veil (pun intended) of security reasons.

Btw I love how you can't help but feel that you're expert and know how long Muslims have been wearing "ninja costumes".

I don’t respect any group who treats women with such distaste. It’s sickening. I have a hard core Muslim who I do a lot of business with but they know not to come into my office pulling their crap. His wife goes full ninja usually, but never in my office, she just wears that scarf. Which is appropriate. And it’s the appropriate western version of them staying within their religion.

Banning it doesn’t make you xenophobic, it just means you are pushing people to assimilate into western culture.

It is possible to respect someone’s religion while expecting them to adverse to our cultural norms. They came here to adjust to us, not for us to adjust to them. If we went to a Muslim country then our women would be covered up ninja style walking 5 feet behind us.
At the risk of excusing another hateful bigot. Does anyone else see the irony of her asking him has he ever read the Qur'an while she wears a Niqab?