Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohen hearing
(02-27-2019, 01:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: What's worse is she according to Trump and his supporters colluded with Russia during the 2016 election to hack the DNC, spread fake news about her with the help of Russian bots on social media, release the Pondesta emails, and get Trump elected.

Trump's election is all her fault. It was the Dems who colluded with Russia during the 2016 election to get him elected.

It all seems to make sense to them.

I think Cohen will testify that we was presented with the wikileaks emails before they were released, but I don't think he's going to say Trump was involved.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2019, 01:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I thought the Russia stuff was off the table in the public hearing. So the Mueller stuff would be a no-go, but he stuff with SDNY would be fair game.

I thought so too.

One of the first Democrats tried to get around that by asking if Cohen knew anything that might lead to collusion (I'm paraphrasing).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2019, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Just like how Democrats didn't care that Hillary Clinton committed crimes and now are hellbent on going after Trump for his crimes.

Hypocrisy abounds in American politics all across the political spectrum. What's funny (more like sad) is how we all seemingly only care when it's the other side being hypocritical.

Being the center of tinfoil hat conspiracies is not a crime.
(02-27-2019, 01:31 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think Cohen will testify that we was presented with the wikileaks emails before they were released, but I don't think he's going to say Trump was involved.

cohen said he knew there were going to be emails released by WL, but did not know their contents.  said trump was also aware of said emails.
Trump was aware. That's why he made the promise a week after the Jr. meetings saying that something was coming. A lot of this when put in a timeline with Trumps videos and stump speeches proves he knew.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-27-2019, 01:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: cohen said he knew there were going to be emails released by WL, but did not know their contents.  said trump was also aware of said emails.

I understand he's saying he was made aware.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Dan Pfeiffer‏Verified account @danpfeiffer · 2m2 minutes ago

It's telling that all of the Republicans are impugning Cohen's character and none of them are defending Donald Trump's character

Truth.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-27-2019, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Just like how Democrats didn't care that Hillary Clinton committed crimes and now are hellbent on going after Trump for his crimes.

Hypocrisy abounds in American politics all across the political spectrum. What's funny (more like sad) is how we all seemingly only care when it's the other side being hypocritical.

I think we've kicked that can far enough down the street. I think most will agree that Hills broke laws, but it was done out of ignorance, so it was determined no crimes were committed; oh and other people had did it too.

One's bias will determine how one frames it. Personally, she was found to have committed no crimes, so I'm gonna roll with she committed no crimes.

Now if new evidence is ever found like the content of the thousands of deleted emails after her CPU was subpoenaed. then the landscape changes. Just like Trump has currently committed no crimes, but new evidence could change that. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2019, 01:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dan Pfeiffer‏Verified account @danpfeiffer · 2m2 minutes ago  

It's telling that all of the Republicans are impugning Cohen's character and none of them are defending Donald Trump's character

Truth.

It's right out of Trump's playbook.  Deny and attack.

And Cohen, to his credit, has admitted all the things he did that he his guilty of while also making sure the facts are accurate about what he is guilty of.

Actually it is not hypocrisy because it was REPUBLICANS who investigated Hillary and determined she broke no laws.
Maybe someone can answer this for me:

I'm noticing a high number of GOP members ceding their last few minutes to Jim Jordan (the ranking member).  Is this normal?  I think most (if not all) have done that today.
(02-27-2019, 02:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe someone can answer this for me:

I'm noticing a high number of GOP members ceding their last few minutes to Jim Jordan (the ranking member).  Is this normal?  I think most (if not all) have done that today.

I'm guessing he can give them to other people if necessary.

(02-27-2019, 01:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not that I disagree about the hypocrisy, but what crimes did Clinton commit? Republicans investigated her in Congress for years. The FBI, under the leadership of conservative agents, recommended no charges be filed. She was never proven guilty of anything.

I don't want to beat a dead horse about it, but she did technically break the law. Just because no charges were recommended to be filed, doesn't change that fact. My point, though, is about the hypocrisy.
(02-27-2019, 02:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm guessing he can give them to other people if necessary.

I wonder why they can't just give them to the other person then?  And he hasn't done that yet, btw, he's used the time himself.
(02-27-2019, 02:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't want to beat a dead horse about it, but she did technically break the law. Just because no charges were recommended to be filed, doesn't change that fact. My point, though, is about the hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy would apply if each party said the other broke the law.  But with Hillary both sides agreed she did not break the law.  She was investigated and cleared by Republicans.  .  .  .  Many times over.  Whitewater, Benghazi, personal emails, everything.
(02-27-2019, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why they can't just give them to the other person then?  And he hasn't done that yet, btw, he's used the time himself.

I'm just guessing they give it back to the guy in charge if they have said their fill and he can do with it what he likes. I've heard people cede their remaining time quite often.

(02-27-2019, 02:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wonder why they can't just give them to the other person then?  And he hasn't done that yet, btw, he's used the time himself.

literally just did it.
(02-27-2019, 03:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: literally just did it.

Ok.  I figured he could but I'm in and out of my office so I missed it.  Thanks.
I'm just glad this hearing gives a chance to discuss what Hillary Clinton was accused of.

that doesn't get brought up enough around here.   Mellow
(02-27-2019, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is not hypocrisy because it was REPUBLICANS who investigated Hillary and determined she broke no laws.

James Comey, the FBI, and Eric Holder were Republicans?

In any event, the hypocrisy comes from the Dems not caring that Hillary may have committed crimes but caring about Trump possibly committing crimes.