Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohen hearing
We didn't have 2nd period today because of an assembly, so instead of having 5th period get a day ahead, we just watched the hearing. The kids were quiet, phones away, watching it. I was shocked.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-27-2019, 02:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't want to beat a dead horse about it, but she did technically break the law. Just because no charges were recommended to be filed, doesn't change that fact. My point, though, is about the hypocrisy.

So Republicans did her a favor? These same Republicans who hate her and chant lock her up?

Nobody is buying that.

Maybe for 1 conspiracy theory, but all 1500+ of them over the last 50 years?

Or let me guess Comey? Who stated she was under FBI investigation on numerous occasions during the election and reopened the investigation a month before the election. All but ending her candidacy. And all while hiding Trump being under FBI investigation.....

With "friends" like Comey, who needed enemy's. If something was there Comey would have nailed her for it. But Trump supporters think he worked for Clinton (and is biased towards Clinton) as he released info on her being investigated for nearly a year, while hiding Trumps investigation for colluding with an enemy state to attack America. (I know it all sounds crazy, but this is the world Trump supporters want us to live in).

None of this makes sense outside of Trump world.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-27-2019, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hypocrisy would apply if each party said the other broke the law.  But with Hillary both sides agreed she did not break the law.  She was investigated and cleared by Republicans.  .  .  .  Many times over.  Whitewater, Benghazi, personal emails, everything.

And what crimes has Trump been convicted off? Yet, I hear many Dems speak as if Trump is guilty just like Repubs speak as if Hillary was guilty.
[Image: giphy.gif]
bob gibbs can't even speak.

abida abida abida spit it out JR.

guy sounds like a total idiot
Jim Jordan is a *****.

He asks when Cohen started working on the Trump campaign and Cohen says "2011".

Jim Jordan acts like an ass and is shocked "Wow..."

Cohen explains that they set up a website "Shouldtrumprun.com. It was my idea, I saw a story in the news that 6% of voters would vote for him"

Jim Jordan then sarcastically says "I bet he never thought of it before you... you're the reason why he's president? That's what you're saying?"

Cohen "No, I never said that"

Jim Jordans "You're the reason why he ran, that's what you're saying?"

Cohen "No, I didn't say that"

So in summary of the hearing. Cohen lied to cover for Trump and is attacked (rightfully so) for lying to cover for Trump by Republicans (who in turn inadvertently highlight that Trump was found guilty as charged through the investigation that caught Cohen in his lies. oops).

This is what American Politics have become.

But at least no Republican defended Trumps character or innocents. And that is the interesting take away from all this.

(02-27-2019, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And what crimes has Trump been convicted off? Yet, I hear many Dems speak as if Trump is guilty just like Repubs speak as if Hillary was guilty.

All the things Comey is going to prison for that he lied about to cover for Trump. You know that Republicans and the rest of America now recognized he lied about. Unless you disagree with the attacks on him from Republicans calling him a liar.

So now the question is only can we indict a sitting President. And that is all really that is left to debate.

(02-27-2019, 03:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And what crimes has Trump been convicted off? Yet, I hear many Dems speak as if Trump is guilty just like Repubs speak as if Hillary was guilty.

Since being elected?  None yet.

That's what the investigations are about.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
clay higgins trying to make a case for being a bigger idiot than gibbs.

'incredulentloly'

these are the people we're putting in charge. pathetic.
There are a ton of Republicans in Congress who apparently know Trump better than Cohen does. They're offended that someone as honest and sincere as Donald Trump (lol) could do anything Cohen says he did.

(02-27-2019, 03:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: So Republicans did her a favor? These same Republicans who hate her and chant lock her up?

Nobody is buying that.

Maybe for 1 conspiracy theory, but all 1500+ of them over the last 50 years?

Or let me guess Comey? Who stated she was under FBI investigation on numerous occasions during the election and reopened the investigation a month before the election. All but ending her candidacy. And all while hiding Trump being under FBI investigation.....

With "friends" like Comey, who needed enemy's. If something was there Comey would have nailed her for it. But Trump supporters think he worked for Clinton (and is biased towards Clinton) as he released info on her being investigated for nearly a year, while hiding Trumps investigation for colluding with an enemy state to attack America. (I know it all sounds crazy, but this is the world Trump supporters want us to live in).

None of this makes sense outside of Trump world.

OK i have to ask.  You've said 50 yeas several times so it's not a typo.  What has been 50 years? And I would certainly say she's done some things that they just couldn't prove. Anyone who says "I don't recall" as often as she did is hiding something. Or miraculously finds something on the coffee table that was missing for a year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2019, 03:34 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: clay higgins trying to make a case for being a bigger idiot than gibbs.

'incredulentloly'  

these are the people we're putting in charge.  pathetic.

WHERE ARE THOSE BOXES?!?!!!! WHY DON'T THE AUTHORITIES HAVE THEM!?!?!

-Well they did have them went they first raided my offi...

WE NEED THOSE BOXES!!!!! GET A WARRANT!!!!

So have the Dems not taken their turn yet?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2019, 03:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So have the Dems not taken their turn yet?

They go back and forth between parties.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-27-2019, 03:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: WHERE ARE THOSE BOXES?!?!!!! WHY DON'T THE AUTHORITIES HAVE THEM!?!?!

-Well they did have them went they first raided my offi...

WE NEED THOSE BOXES!!!!! GET A WARRANT!!!!

this just in, republicans are pushing for a system whereby intelligence, rhetorical capability, and southern draw are taken into consideration when allotting time for judiciary hearings.  they'll be able to eat up all the time and get absolutely nothing done in the process.
(02-27-2019, 03:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: So in summary of the hearing. Cohen lied to cover for Trump and is attacked (rightfully so) for lying to cover for Trump by Republicans (who in turn inadvertently highlight that Trump was found guilty as charged through the investigation that caught Cohen in his lies. oops).

This is what American Politics have become.

But at least no Republican defended Trumps character or innocents. And that is the interesting take away from all this.

I think if you are trying to impeach a witness, which it seems that's what they are doing, then that's what you focus on.   

in all seriousness, Cohen has seemed unbelievably honest during this. A few times he's unequivocally stomped out wild theories about trump.

back to the funny stuff. this dummy miller from WV. my god.
GOP: Since Michael Cohen is a known liar, we cannot trust anything he says about Donald Trump... even though Trump has proven to be a known liar

also GOP: We cannot trust Michael Cohen because he has profited from his work with Donald Trump, he's greedy

(02-27-2019, 03:54 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: in all seriousness, Cohen has seemed unbelievably honest during this.  A few times he's unequivocally stomped out wild theories about trump.

back to the funny stuff.  this dummy miller from WV.  my god.

Yea he has pushed back against the Democrats on any theory or allegation that isn't wikileaks, Stormy, or the Russian deal.

(02-27-2019, 03:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea he has pushed back against the Democrats on any theory or allegation that isn't wikileaks, Stormy, or the Russian deal.

"To lend credibility, we are going to ask you some stupid shit so you can smack it down. " Ninja