Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohen hearing
Republicans already trying to end the hearing before it starts.

They accused the Committee and Cohen of "deliberately" withholding evidence until this morning...then said he's not saying it was deliberate.

Also saying CNN had the evidence before they did....lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
elijah dropping the hammer in his opening statements.

going to need a wrecking bar to pull that broken off bell end out of that ass
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Next up the GOP is complaining about "legitimizing false statements" and going after Cohen for going to jail for lying and his association with Davis and "the Clintons"

Two things: They never say anything about DJT's lies and effectively use them to run their platform.

And having a witness flip after lying isn't unusual in law enforcement is it?  If the proper steps are taken to verify the new information it should be no problem. 

Luckily sane people who complained about how the Democrats acted during the Kavanaugh hearings are speaking up...or not.
First comments from Republicans....

You guessed it. Blame Hillary Clinton.

Clinton already mentioned over 10 times in first 5 minutes.

The Hillary card has been dusted off and distributed to the Republicans on the committee.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-27-2019, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Next up the GOP is complaining about "legitimizing false statements" and going after Cohen for going to jail for lying and his association with Davis and "the Clintons"

Two things: They never say anything about DJT's lies and effectively use them to run their platform.

And having a witness flip after lying isn't unusual in law enforcement is it?  If the proper steps are taken to verify the new information it should be no problem. 

Luckily sane people who complained about how the Democrats acted during the Kavanaugh hearings are speaking up...or not.

I would say people who testify as part of a plea deal and are admitted perjurers are often looked upon as being less than reliable, and a defense team would hammer it repeatedly.  Now there isn't supposed to be a defense team, but we all know that's nonsense.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-27-2019, 12:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say people who testify as part of a plea deal and are admitted perjurers are often looked upon as being less than reliable, and a defense team would hammer it repeatedly.  Now there isn't supposed to be a defense team, but we all know that's nonsense.

Agreed.  And I think that is why it is important that he is presenting evidence also.  And I think the Democrats are VERY aware that this will look VERY bad if he is caught lying again to them.
Wished Republicans cared about Kav's lies to congress like they do Cohen's who EVERYONE now knows (even Republicans) lied to cover up for Trump.

So we know they know Trump is guilty but they don't want you focused on that. They want you focused on Cohen lying to congress. Not what his lies mean (The crimes allegedly committed by Trump were found true and he's facing jail for lying about them).

They think we aren't smart enough to pick up on that.

Trump supporters did not mind when it was proven that Trump lied. And they did not care when Cohen lied to cover for Trump. But now they are outraged?

Does that about cover it?
(02-27-2019, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Wished Republicans cared about Kav's lies to congress like they do Cohen's who EVERYONE now knows (even Republicans) lied to cover up for Trump.

So we know they know Trump is guilty but they don't want you focused on that. They want you focused on Cohen lying to congress. Not what his lies mean (The crimes allegedly committed by Trump were found true and he's facing jail for lying about them).

They think we aren't smart enough to pick up on that.

Must admit I'm not watching the proceedings (hope to catch some highlights later), but earlier I saw you mention the "Clinton Card" was played out, but I see you and others think the "Kav Card" still has some play left
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Well he was the most recent person to blatantly lie to Congress in a hearing, and was allowed to by Republicans.

If I could think of someone else I would have mentioned it.

but Kav lied and they accepted it, so Jim Jordan just highlighted the hypocrisy in my book.

(02-27-2019, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: They think we aren't smart enough to pick up on that.

there is a large portion of the population incapable of complex cognitive processing.

[Image: trump-supporters.png?width=1368&height=9...quality=70]
(02-27-2019, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump supporters did not mind when it was proven that Trump lied.  And they did not care when Cohen lied to cover for Trump.  But now they are outraged?

Does that about cover it?

Yep. Just like how Democrats didn't care that Hillary Clinton committed crimes and now are hellbent on going after Trump for his crimes.

Hypocrisy abounds in American politics all across the political spectrum. What's funny (more like sad) is how we all seemingly only care when it's the other side being hypocritical.
GOP at this hearing: Cohen lied before we can't believe him.

Also GOP at this hearing: We are going to accuse Cohen of only testifying because he didn't get a job in the WH (with no proof).
(02-27-2019, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Just like how Democrats didn't care that Hillary Clinton committed crimes and now are hellbent on going after Trump for his crimes.

Hypocrisy abounds in American politics all across the political spectrum. What's funny (more like sad) is how we all seemingly only care when it's the other side being hypocritical.

We just pay attention.

50 years of Republicans investigating Hillary for these "crimes" while in charge of congress and the presidency and -0- indictments and nothing found. 50 years and over 1500 hearings.

That tells us all we need to know when it comes to real and fake news. Sometimes all it takes is common sense to see the difference.

Since people don't want to believe American intel on the fake Hillary Clinton scandals pushed by Russia (and their bots).

Over 1500 hearings and nothing.

In the mean time 2 hearings and over 10 people and counting associated with Trump/Russia attack on America has been indicted. All under a Republican congress and presidency, and less than 50 years.

As I said: I cannot watch the proceedings. i would be nice to get an unbiased slant of how the hearing is progressing, but I'm most likely looking in the wrong place.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-27-2019, 01:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Just like how Democrats didn't care that Hillary Clinton committed crimes and now are hellbent on going after Trump for his crimes.

Not that I disagree about the hypocrisy, but what crimes did Clinton commit? Republicans investigated her in Congress for years. The FBI, under the leadership of conservative agents, recommended no charges be filed. She was never proven guilty of anything.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-27-2019, 01:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: I cannot watch the proceedings. i would be nice to get an unbiased slant of how the hearing is progressing, but I'm most likely looking in the wrong place.

The Democrats are asking question and asking if Cohen has knowledge of those events.  Some he said he does, some he says he does not.

The Republicans are attacking Cohen for his past lies and accusing him of having a vendetta against the POTUS.  They have asked very few questions about the incidents he mentioned in his opening statement or the ones he presented evidence for.

They have accused him of lying about everything from the birth of his child to if he has a book deal pending.

Currently the Republicans are asking about his meetings with the Special Counsel.
(02-27-2019, 01:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not that I disagree about the hypocrisy, but what crimes did Clinton commit? Republicans investigated her in Congress for years. The FBI, under the leadership of conservative agents, recommended no charges be filed. She was never proven guilty of anything.

What's worse is she according to Trump and his supporters colluded with Russia during the 2016 election to hack the DNC, spread fake news about her with the help of Russian bots on social media, release the Pondesta emails, and get Trump elected.

Trump's election is all her fault. It was the Dems who colluded with Russia during the 2016 election to get him elected.

It all seems to make sense to them.

(02-27-2019, 01:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: The Democrats are asking question and asking if Cohen has knowledge of those events.  Some he said he does, some he says he does not.

The Republicans are attacking Cohen for his past lies and accusing him of having a vendetta against the POTUS.  They have asked very few questions about the incidents he mentioned in his opening statement or the ones he presented evidence for.

They have accused him of lying about everything from the birth of his child to if he has a book deal pending.

Currently the Republicans are asking about his meetings with the Special Counsel.

I thought the Russia stuff was off the table in the public hearing. So the Mueller stuff would be a no-go, but he stuff with SDNY would be fair game.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Jim Jordan is still trying to recover from his amateur blunder of forgetting to speak on his attention grabbing/oolitical biased motion before relinquishing his time back.

Then accusing Cohen of being mad about not getting a job in the WH before realizing he was offered one and declined it for attorney client privileges and trying to quiet him when he realized his blunder.