Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coke and Walmart remember 9/11
[Image: screenshot-4.jpg]

A Coke supplier set up this 9/11 display at a Walmart in Florida. I'm willing to give whoever designed it the benefit of the doubt, but it comes off like they're trying to profit off 9/11
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-09-2016, 09:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: screenshot-4.jpg]

A Coke supplier set up this 9/11 display at a Walmart in Florida. I'm willing to give whoever designed it the benefit of the doubt, but it comes off like they're trying to profit off 9/11

Eh, everything is for profit making.

I do think it is clever and well done though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-09-2016, 09:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, everything is for profit making.

Definitely not as bad as this

(09-09-2016, 09:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Definitely not as bad as this

Oh my!

That is awful!

But I laugh at inappropriate things so I laughed.   Ninja
(09-09-2016, 09:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Oh my!

That is awful!

But I laugh at inappropriate things so I laughed.   Ninja

It was bad that it's a "twin tower sale", but then they knock the towers over and she says "never forget". LOL, wtf. The owner issued an apology and said it was from a single store and he didn't approve it. Then people pointed out that the girl is his daughter and she's in charge of advertising lol.

The best comment "What's next, you're holocaust blowout sale?"

(09-09-2016, 10:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was bad that it's a "twin tower sale", but then they knock the towers over and she says "never forget". LOL, wtf. The owner issued an apology and said it was from a single store and he didn't approve it. Then people pointed out that the girl is his daughter and she's in charge of advertising lol.

The best comment "What's next, you're holocaust blowout sale?"

"These prices will gas you!"

"Products fresh out of the oven"!

Yes, I know I am going to hell.... Mellow
Not positive, but I believe that an individual marketing rep for the local coke distributorship is likely responsible for the creation of their own seasonal promotional displays, rather than any specific instruction handed down from coke or Walmart. Likely the only person the marketing rep had to clear the idea with would have been the department mgr. of that particular Walmart. That is how it works in the beer industry, anyway.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(09-09-2016, 09:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, everything is for profit making.

Clever and well done? Seriously?

I mean, I wouldn't stand outside the store holding a sign or probably even bother to put the pic on social media, but I thought it was pretty tasteless.

Of course the Fox News junkies I know are calling criticism of it evidence you are part of an Al Qaeda plot. I guess they would be cool with putting a water slide over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington and having the guy walking post there vending hot dogs and peanuts before he made his turns.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-09-2016, 10:35 AM)xxlt Wrote: Clever and well done? Seriously?

I mean, I wouldn't stand outside the store holding a sign or probably even bother to put the pic on social media, but I thought it was pretty tasteless.

Of course the Fox News junkies I know are calling criticism of it evidence you are part of an Al Qaeda plot. I guess they would be cool with putting a water slide over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington and having the guy walking post there vending hot dogs and peanuts before he made his turns.
That's not even close to the same thing.

Outside of the accusation of possibly profiting off of 9/11, I don't see the issue with this display.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Like I said, inappropriate things are funny to me.  But when someone puts together something like that display as a tribute that I never would have thought of I find it clever.

The use of the cans to create the image was cleverly designed and well executed.

That doesn't mean it wasn't inadvertently tasteless. 

I think the real question is: Would Kaepernick salute it.

As to the display: I don't even see it as much of a marketing ploy. He could probably have sold more if he just would have stacked them regually with the sale price.

More than likely folks will not take from the display. He is actually passing up sales, but the cynic sees what it sees.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-09-2016, 01:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the real question is: Would Kaepernick salute it.

As to the display: I don't even see it as much of a marketing ploy. He could probably have sold more if he just would have stacked them regually with the sale price.

More than likely folks will not take from the display. He is actually passing up sales, but the cynic sees what it sees.

Agreed.

Mellow
(09-09-2016, 10:40 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That's not even close to the same thing.

Outside of the accusation of possibly profiting off of 9/11, I don't see the issue with this display.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

I'm stunned. Hilarious
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-09-2016, 11:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The use of the cans to create the image was cleverly designed and well executed.

That doesn't mean it wasn't inadvertently tasteless. 

Yes.

Thank you.

Just as a water slide at Arlington and a Marine serving hot dogs at his turns on post could be cleverly designed and well executed but also inadvertently tasteless.

Even though water slides are fun. And even though hot dogs are as American as apple pie. And water slides. And profiteering. And...
(09-09-2016, 01:53 PM)xxlt Wrote: Even though water slides are fun. And even though hot dogs are as American as apple pie. And water slides. And profiteering. And...

Two things not invented in America. Ninja

Seriously, though, I agree it's tasteless. But, is it any more so than, say, a Memorial Day sale? Those happen all the time, a sale on a holiday about remembering the fallen. Or a Veterans' Day sale. Pretty much any time someone uses some specific day based around military activity for a day of a sale, they are using death to profit, and we eat it up in this country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
It appears it was taken down as some were offended:

http://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/?article=392877571&article=392877571

Mandatory sensitivity training sure to follow for the hurtful person who tried to pay homage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-09-2016, 02:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Two things not invented in America. Ninja

Seriously, though, I agree it's tasteless. But, is it any more so than, say, a Memorial Day sale? Those happen all the time, a sale on a holiday about remembering the fallen. Or a Veterans' Day sale. Pretty much any time someone uses some specific day based around military activity for a day of a sale, they are using death to profit, and we eat it up in this country.

The 9/11 stuff with the NFL is out of control as well.  Heard a clip yesterday from some special they are going to run about how the NFL responded to the attacks.  Believe I heard the words "the owners came together and said 'we have to bring the country together again'"  Talk about shooting compressed air right into your own asshole.  These pricks are pretending like the scheduling wasn't a business decision.   Give me a ***** break.
I would have probably walked right by it. But, then again, I don't walk through the world with my razor sharp sensors on full alert, just itching to find some stupid little thing that offends me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll