Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Colby Sorsdal Pre Draft visit
I just saw this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/sources-bengals-hosting-william-mary-ot-colby-sorsdal-pre-draft-visit

Looks like a possible day 3 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They also brought in UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson who I like as a backup QB with a little extra in the playbook. They also brought back UC Tyler Scott for a top 30 visit after hosting the UC pro day.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: They also brought in UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson who I like as a backup QB with a little extra in the playbook. They also brought back UC Tyler Scott for a top 30 visit after hosting the UC pro day.

Scott is definitely fast, but would need coaching on running better routes.

I also like Thompson-Robinson. Do you think either will make it the 4th round?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just saw this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/sources-bengals-hosting-william-mary-ot-colby-sorsdal-pre-draft-visit

Looks like a possible day 3 pick.

Sounds like a good RT prospect to grab in the 5th round or so. Only Cody Mauch was better in that conference.

I like Wanya Morris more, but it is good to keep our options open with a player like Sorsdal.

(04-11-2023, 03:54 PM)Synric Wrote: They also brought in UCLA QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson who I like as a backup QB with a little extra in the playbook. They also brought back UC Tyler Scott for a top 30 visit after hosting the UC pro day.

That is interesting with DTR, didn't expect that.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like a good RT prospect to grab in the 5th round or so. Only Cody Mauch was better in that conference.

I like Wanya Morris more, but it is good to keep our options open with a player like Sorsdal.

That is interesting with DTR, didn't expect that.

Duke Manyweather and Brian Baldinger are both big on Sorsdal. Pretty good people to endorse you. If we don't get a RT in first 2 rounds, I'd be more than okay making him this years Volson.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 09:07 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Duke Manyweather and Brian Baldinger are both big on Sorsdal. Pretty good people to endorse you. If we don't get a RT in first 2 rounds, I'd be more than okay making him this years Volson.

Yes, they know OL. Same here with being more than okay with Sorsdal in the mid to late rounds.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are bringing in the big offensive guard from Arkansas State Jessie Rhodes. I thought he was really good in 2021 with Ole Miss. He's huge 6'4 340lbs 36inch arms and 87 inch wingspan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm happy they are bringing in guys like this because it reflects they might use later round draft picks to increase depth at certain positions. They don't have to hit a homerun with a 4th to 7th round pick and necessarily find a starter, but they can use the slots to still improve the overall roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 08:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals are bringing in the big offensive guard from Arkansas State Jessie Rhodes. I thought he was really good in 2021 with Ole Miss. He's huge 6'4 340lbs 36inch arms and 87 inch wingspan.

I like this, where is Rhodes projected?

(04-13-2023, 09:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm happy they are bringing in guys like this because it reflects they might use later round draft picks to increase depth at certain positions. They don't have to hit a homerun with a 4th to 7th round pick and necessarily find a starter, but they can use the slots to still improve the overall roster.

Yes, roster building is what needs to be done while hitting on a couple early picks. If we do this, it will be a successful Draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this, where is Rhodes projected?

Late round-CFA. It's a projection based on injury, I believe. Rhodes also played for Ole Miss and South Carolina. He has looked good on film when healthy.

An important note is that the Bengals like to use a good chunk of their top 30 visits on potential CFAs. Basically a recruiting trip in hopes of the player choosing the Bengals if they go undrafted. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 01:55 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Late round-CFA. It's a projection based on injury, I believe. Rhodes also played for Ole Miss and South Carolina. He has looked good on film when healthy.

An important note is that the Bengals like to use a good chunk of their top 30 visits on potential CFAs. Basically a recruiting trip in hopes of the player choosing the Bengals if they go undrafted. 

Thanks Bengal Dude. Yeah, I like the guy we currently have too in Ben Brown who we haven't seen that much of.

You can find some diamonds as UDFA's by courting them before hand. Wouldn't surprise me if Burrow brought some talent here too.

Think I saw Rhodes play a couple years ago at Ole Miss if I am not mistaken, saw him make a nice block in the running game. 
Reply/Quote