Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Weather Factor
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: It'll be a great opportunity to bring up two silly narratives:

9 inch hands!!!
Practice bubble!!!

But to be serious, I am not terribly concerned about it. I tend to believe that temperature as a factor is overstated. I hope it doesn't significantly change the way the coaching staff calls plays or designs gameplans. I can envision them running into stacked fronts stubbornly because that's what you do in the cold, and I am pre-emptively annoyed.

[Image: baltimore-ravens-corporate-hq-and-training-new-4.jpg]

[Image: axwskcwsuw9kmbttssgi]

[Image: EghNcdQUMAAM25f.jpg]

Bengals Practice Facility...

[Image: DkgeoMmVsAEWIGW.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Whaddya know. The Steelers share with their collegiate counterparts.

Sounds familiar.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 05:24 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Bengals Practice Facility...

In fairness, the city did come out and remove that body, and they didn't even charge the Bengals for it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 04:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Any concerns about cold weather effecting Burrow and Chase? Looking back at their time together at LSU, they didn’t really play in any cold environments in Nov/Dec

Nov 9, 2019 — Tuscaloosa AL, high of 66.9 degrees
Nov 16, 2019 — Oxford MS, high if 59.0 degrees
Nov 23, 2019 — Baton Rouge LA, high of 70.0 degrees
Nov 30, 2019 — Baton Rouge, LA, high of 82.0 degrees
Dec 7, 2019 — Atlanta GA, high of 63.0 degrees
Dec 28, 2019 — Atlanta GA, high of 68 degrees
Jan 13, 2020 — New Orleans LA, high of 70 degrees

All of the above was eyeballed from some charts, so it’s not a perfect analysis, but it didn’t look like the low got below 30 for any of those games. Most the December and January games were in domes as well.

Burrow was hurt last year before we got a chance to see how he plays in cold weather. Jamar Chase said in an interview a while back that he can’t remember playing in a cold game… yikes.

Any concerns the weather effects these twos production?

It is a legitimate concern, but is it any different for guys like Mac Jones?  

And the key to lower any concerns for me is the practice habits of Joe and Ja'Marr.  I guarantee you as a QB, Joe will know the average wind patterns for each side, the angle of the sun from that week, etc.  He is a total football savant.  In his own words before the draft "I'm all about ball".  

The weather might actually benefit us with teams like the LA Chargers and SF 49ers having to travel to Cincy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2021, 05:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes, you make a good point that I overlooked, Burrow did play high school ball in Ohio. It’s weird IMO to have a guy that had essentially 0 cold weather games in college… however, there have been guys like Aaron Rodgers who grew up in sunny California and plays just fine in the GB cold.

Anyways, interested to see how they both do in the cold. Some guys elevate their game and I’m hoping JB is that type of QB!

And he was on OSU's roster for 3 years.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And he was on OSU's roster for 3 years.  

But didn’t get any significant game action in the cold.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 11:11 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: But didn’t get any significant game action in the cold.

True, but I am sure he practiced a lot and was full-grown by this age, and throwing an NCAA ball.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 05:24 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: baltimore-ravens-corporate-hq-and-training-new-4.jpg]

[Image: axwskcwsuw9kmbttssgi]

[Image: EghNcdQUMAAM25f.jpg]

Bengals Practice Facility...

Every Bengals QB since..
[Image: 51sTy3gSKVL.jpg_SR247,139__BG0,0,0_.jpg]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote