Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cole Beasley
The Bills, giving up on Odell, have signed their former WR Cole Beasley to the practice squad. Odds are he will be playing on the regular squad by Jan 2

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd have very little patience for the whole endless college recruiting nonsense going on for OBJ if I were a fan of one of those teams. He isn't even healthy/ready to play right now, hasn't run for anyone, and stated he doesn't see a point in him playing in the regular season. I see this being an entire season-long conversation about the guy that will amount to very little other than to stroke his ego.

This post probably reads a bit stronger than I feel on the matter, but honestly I am just tired of having to hear about OBJ. Lol. The guy hasn't reached 600 yards since 2019 and 1100 yards since 2016.

Sure glad the Bengals didn't have to be a dancing monkey for the OBJ recruitment this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
TY Hilton to the Cowboys, looks like they moved on from OBJ too. Did he overplay his hand?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
When a diva WR comes out and says, "I want to play in the playoffs but not the regular season," the league should step in and stop it. You're either part of a team or you are not. This kind of stuff can snowball into multiple teams making the playoffs and hiring "hired guns" for their playoff runs. Which in turn will have players on teams not making the playoffs wanting out of their contracts so they can go sign for a playoff team. This will be too much like AHL hockey, where when an NHL team is out of the Stanley running, they send their best players down to the AHL farm team to try to win the Caulder Cup. And then the players who actually got the AHL team to the playoffs are shown the bench. It's not right. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When a diva WR comes out and says, "I want to play in the playoffs but not the regular season," the league should step in and stop it. You're either part of a team or you are not. This kind of stuff can snowball into multiple teams making the playoffs and hiring "hired guns" for their playoff runs. Which in turn will have players on teams not making the playoffs wanting out of their contracts so they can go sign for a playoff team. This will be too much like AHL hockey, where when an NHL team is out of the Stanley running, they send their best players down to the AHL farm team to try to win the Caulder Cup. And then the players who actually got the AHL team to the playoffs are shown the bench. It's not right. 

I like the MLB's rules of you had to have played with the team in the regular season to be part of their playoff roster.

Even if just on the Practice Squad in the NFL Case.   There should be no loading teams in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote:  "I want to play in the playoffs but not the regular season," 

He said that? WTF says that? Man, that right there would be a dagger driven right through the heart of a teams chemistry and culture. Any team should terminate their head coach for even considering such a move. Damn, now I have to put OBJ on the list of people I dislike in this world. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I like the MLB's rules of you had to have played with the team in the regular season to be part of their playoff roster.

Even if just on the Practice Squad in the NFL Case.   There should be no loading teams in the playoffs.

I thought there were deadlines for teams adding players and it ended like a month ago. Guess I was wrong.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought there were deadlines for teams adding players and it ended like a month ago. Guess I was wrong.

that is just the trade deadline
Reply/Quote