Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Cowherd’s most absurd comment yet...
Collins criticism comes from when Chad played in New England. Chad had a tendency to free lance way to much on his routes. Which resulted in him not getting playing time in new England. Edelman never had that problem
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.com/_amp/chad-ochocinco-reportedly-had-trouble-with-routes-09000d5d829b151d

I know where this comes from, his time in New England.

Chad Johnson, with the Bengals knew where he was expected to be, but with the Patriots he had 4 different options based on the defense at all times, that's after the ball is snapped, and he just couldn't understand it or get on the same timing with Tom Brady.

If Tom Brady says you can't learn the system or run routes that's kinda going to stick with you for life.

Chad had the best footwork of any receiver I've ever seen, he could disguise any route and seeing him make a sideline catch was a thing of beauty. His work ethic was the stuff of legends.

But if I'm being honest I probably wouldn't consider him a top 10 route running WR of all-time or anything like that.

But that was a reason why Marvin Lewis was a underrated coach. He was never too prideful in himself to tweak the playbook to help a player like Chad or Burfict who had trouble learning all the little nuances of the game as well.

Chad in Cincinnati was a very good at route running, but in other systems he struggled very mightily with it.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The better question is why did Coach Bill Belichick ask Chad Johnson to fundamentally change himself and his game, but never asked that of Randy Moss?
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The fact that we are discussing Julian Edelman as a HOF candidate is mind blowing.

I'm not even sure if we would be in the NFL if it were on any other team other than the Patriots.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Cowherd is team Chase Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

He is a clueless fool, and somehow made a career out of it.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Cowherd is team Chase  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja

Hes actually #TeamSlater (or i guess would be #TeamSewell if not Slater). Boredom and sometimes his mocks come on after the McAfee videos I watch.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:57 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hes actually #TeamSlater (or i guess would be #TeamSewell if not Slater). Boredom and sometimes his mocks come on after the McAfee videos I watch.

I know, I was joking. Hence the  Ninja Ninja Ninja

And yes he picks Slater over Sewell.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The fact that we are discussing Julian Edelman as a HOF candidate is mind blowing.

I'm not even sure if we would be in the NFL if it were on any other team other than the Patriots.

I don't really have an opinion on Edelman, but I think it's funny that all the guys on the most dominant teams in sports wouldn't have been any good anywhere else.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The fact that we are discussing Julian Edelman as a HOF candidate is mind blowing.

Right? Good to know that Marvin Jones is apparently already a HoFer at the age of 30.

M Jones (9yrs): 6,025 yards (14.2 AVG), 51 TDs (0 Pro Bowls, 0 All-Pros, 2017 AVG Leader)
Edelman (12yrs): 6,822 yards (11.0 AVG), 35 TDs (0 Pro Bowls, 0 All-Pros, 0 Black Ink)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Cowherd is team Chase  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja  Ninja

So when Cowturd was still at ESPN our local ESPN station would run him and he made some controversial statement, which suddenly got him a lot of hate.  I mean like instantly on the air, he said something and had tons of hatred pouring in over the phone, email, twitter or text, which ever he had at the time (was at least 10 years ago).  So it got to the point where he actually stopped his show and said something akin to the following and I'm paraphrasing:
"Ok, I'm going to say something here briefly and then go back to the show.  I don't get paid to make people agree with me.  I get paid for people listening to the show.  It's my job to make statements and give opinion that cause people to listen.  Love me and listen, great.  Hate me and listen, even better. Just as long as people are listening, that's what i want."

And that was it.  He went back to the show, and I never listened to him again.  I never listened again because all he cares about is ratings.  He doesn't care about giving an educated opinion.  All he cares about it having you listen and giving people click bait.  And I refuse to support, Sports Radio's equivalent of far left/far right political antagonists, cause that's exactly what he is.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well to be honest i think a someof Palmer interceptions were caused by chad running the wrong route.  (him and carson not being on the same page..  And ill generally side with the QB on those.)   

He was great at running the route he ran though lol

But without any of us knowning the playbook and play designs its impossible for any of us or Colin to say.

That has nothing to do with route running
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 04:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “Chad Johnson wasn’t a good route runner”

The reactions online have been gold lol

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/14/colin-cowherd-gets-roasted-for-saying-chad-johnson-wasnt-a-good-route-runner-video-tweets/

How the hell does this guy get paid to talk sports for a living...

Wow, just when you thought the guy couldn't be any dumber.

Chad might of been the best, most crisp route runner of any WR. That is why he was so good.
Reply/Quote
Side note:

Are there still any posters left that don't acknowledge Chad or how great of a talent he was?

Or are there still some "get off my lawn!" old farts who can't get over the whole Ocho Cinco thing?

Just wondering...

When he was at his peak he wasn't only one of the best in the league but he breathed new life into a hapless team.

I will always give props to Marvin and those guys to at least get our team enjoyable to watch and competitive again.

Okay on topic. Cowherd is saying the same stupid things he's said for decades. No surprise.

Chad had some of the best footwork, handfighting, and route breaks when he was dominating DBs.

He'd even call the opposing team's DBs out before games for crap's sake.

That was when you'd get your head taken off by the D too.

Chad is one of the most fearless tough mofos to wear a Bengals jersey.

Take that you old school haters. He could hang with any of those classic guys just north of the leather helmet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I would have put it differentl...chad was excellent in getting open but also free lanced a bit more that ended up having QBs on a different page..
Reply/Quote
Cowherd used to lay it on the buckeyes pretty thick...they were slow, they had no NFL talent....The Buckeyes changed his perception. Burrow will do the same here.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 07:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cowherd used to lay it on the buckeyes pretty thick...they were slow, they had no NFL talent....The Buckeyes changed his perception. Burrow will do the same here.

He’s already done a 180 on Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 06:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lmao, u good brother.  I don’t care what isle u on we all bengal fans in here.  I get taken wayyyy too seriously In here which is my fault I know that but I’m no one to take seriously in here.  If I poke or what not just poke back Wink

lol. For the life of me, i couldn't understand why my alert said you replied to me...but i couldn't find the post and i didn't have any posts in this thread. Then i remembered what i posted. Big Grin

But yes, it was just as you said, a poke. Aaaaanywhooo. I knew how it was going to end up. Ninja

To get on topic; Cowherd is a very strange bird. When it comes to sports related things, he's very insightful and educated. When it comes to sports specific (on field type stuff) he's a maroon and is the human version of click bait. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 08:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well to be honest i think a someof Palmer interceptions were caused by chad running the wrong route.  (him and carson not being on the same page..  And ill generally side with the QB on those.)   

He was great at running the route he ran though lol

But without any of us knowning the playbook and play designs its impossible for any of us or Colin to say.

This right here is exactly where the myth about Chad running bad routes originated. People who still liked CP but were tiring of Chad's antics had the perfect way to excuse all of Palmer's INTs while simultaneously getting to blame Chad for something.

Palmer throwing up his arms at Chad all the time only fanned the flames.

Thing is, Palmer kept throwing a lot of picks in Oakland and AZ, and still threw his hands up as if to blame the receiver. It's just what Palmer did. Before 2010, Chad had a rep as an exceptional route runner, and that's probably the truth...and Housh backs it up.

Yes there was some truth to Chad (sometimes) improvising on routes to get open, but at that time, that was true for many QB/WR tandems that had played together for many years. Drew Brees has talked about guys like Colston having more freedom to improvise to get open.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

The funny thing is, Deion Branch had an almost identical career as Edelman, but no one said he should be in the HOF.

Seriously, both Branch and Edelman are right around 6600 yards and 40 TDs in their careers. Both won multiple rings and a Super Bowl MVP.

It's crazy how similar they were.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
TJ's "Oh noooo that's so disrespectful" really cracked me up. His tone of voice was as if Colin shouted in church or something.

Reply/Quote