Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-31-2016, 12:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Congratulations to Boomer on sounding like the most obliviously white privileged guy in America.

I'm glad they called him "former Jets QB" and didn't directly affiliate him to the Bengals in this article.
What did Boomer say that was so wrong?

The narrative that there is this huge problem with police outright murdering African-Americans is totally bullshit.  This entire us vs. them mentality is a much bigger problem.  One only made worse by the actions of those as stupid as Colin Kaepernick.

Has his display changed one person's mind?  Doubtful.  Has anyone, having now seen his act, not become aware of a problem that they didn't know existed prior to said display?  Again, doubtful.  I'd say all he's managed to do is to insert himself into a conversation that in no way needs or cares to have his input.

And boy oh boy, do I hate the word privilege.  If for no other reason than it's overuse.  It's like that one guy who start saying  a new word he learned way too often.  Like, I get it, Bill.  You went to a conference where they talked about synergy. Stop bringing it up in every meeting.  The idea that there is all of this inherit privilege that somehow precludes Boomer from sharing his opinion is comical.  Ironic even.

I'm just waiting for the hot takes on this one.  "Collin Kaerpernick is just voicing his opinion!!!  That his right as an American!"  Same person then goes on to blast Boomer for sharing his opinion, in a forum (talk radio) that specifically intending for sharing your opinion.  Because he's privileged?  Uh, what?
(08-31-2016, 12:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, I'm going to try to be somewhat short, as I'm known to ramble.  And I'm aware that much of what I'm about to say belongs moreso on Kotsch than JN.  I'm not sure anyone really cares what I think, and it's far from a hot take or terrible unique, but I'm going to share it anyway:

Colin Kaepernick is a moron. The first question I have is questioning the timing of his display vs the convenience of it.  Meaning, would he be making the same display if he was still starting, if he was a star/focal point?  Would he making the same display if he were in the middle of contract negotiations?  Just how sincere is he motivation?

And let's for a second believe that it's 100% sincere.  He has no other motivation that what he truly believes.  Guess what?  What he believes to be a worthy cause is stupid.  Yup, just plain stupid.  Go ahead, bring out that bleading heart blowhard Fred or anyone else that wants to defend this ridiculous cause.  Plain and simple, I find people who support BLM and the ideas behind it to be misinformed, people more concerned with inserting themselves into a movement than the movement itself, or outright liars.

This country has close to 400 million people in it.  Almost 1 million police officers.  Millions upon millions of criminals.  By sheer numbers alone that provides one heckuva an opportunity to frame an argument or paint a narrative.  Surely, if so much police misconduct exits you can find youself a slew of instances and martyrs to hold up to make your point.  So what do we have?

The first guy that kind of set this whole thing off was Michael Brown.  A piece of shit who robbed a store, strong-armed a clerk, and then was so worried about being caught that he proceeded to WALK DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.  Ignored police commands, ended up resisting arrest, fighting with the cop, going for his weapon.  Hands up don't shoot?  Oh, no witnesses made that up, even admitted it to it later.  All of the testing, reports and autopsy bank this up.  Doesn't matter though, this piece of shit is still head up as a martyr and that saying (Hands up..) still exists regardless if it even happened or not.

You got Freddy Gray in Baltimore, a guy who had been arrested dozens of times who died in the back of a squad car.  He wasn't shot.  And 3 of the 5 officers were minorities.  The police vehicle, and the officer responsible for transporting him were both minorities.  So we've got another know piece of shit, who wasn't purposely killed, and who white officers had nothing to do with other than the initial arrest.  Meh, here's another example of police gunning down innocent black men.  Forget that he wasn't exactly innocent or gunned down.  He also had back surgery recently but I'm sure that had nothing to do with his situation.  Rolleyes

You got some other fat ***** piece of shit who had a heart attack while resisting arrest.  Again, known criminal.  Perhaps his death has more to do with a.) Breaking the law. b.) being a fat ***** slob and c.) resisting arrest than it does with the police just out and out targeting and killing blacks.

You got a woman who hung herself who for some reason has been inserted into this conversation.  And, by the way, let me tell you, you looked real scared of the police in that video.  A lot of these idiots definitely look fearful of the police.  That's why they're yelling, combative, and so uncopperative right from the get go.  Those are definitely actions of someone who is fearful of their life.  That's what you do when you're scared, don't cooperate, immediately escalate the situation and do nothing the officer says.  So I'm not sure what the story is here.  It seems she gave them more than enough reason to arrest her, she made a simple traffic stop a huge ordeal, and then killed herself.  Boo...*****...hoo.

This last guy in Milwaukee.  Wtf?  Another criminal.  Pointed his gun at a cop.  A black cop.  Was justly fired upon.  What the hell is the problem here?  What should have the cop done?  What does this have to do with trying to legitimize a cause.  Not only should this piece of shit been shot, good ***** riddance.

400 million people and these are some of the best you got?  You can't come up with better examples than these?  The worst example I've seen is Ray Tensing and that guy was almost immediately charged with murder.  

The whole thing is a joke.  The media has continued to fan the flames and advance this story.  People too stupid to actually look at the facts, and too eager to adopt a cause, have rallied behind an organization that only makes their cause look worse.  The interruptions at rallies, the blocking of traffic, none of it helps your cause.  

The fact there are some bad police.  You take 900,000 people doing anything and you're going to find a wind array of individuals.  Good, bad and everything in between.  The way this entire situation has been portrayed is completely overblown and has only made things worse.  

I could keep going and going, and I'm not even sure I made any point other than that I absolutely hate where everything is headed.  It's division created by a lot of misinformation and outright lies, only perpetuated by idiots like Colin Kaepernick.  Go ahead and hold up Mike Brown as a martyr.  Pretend like crime isn't a huge issue in the black community, where it's glorified in pop culture.  Continue doing things like disrespecting police officers and only making an alright tense situation even worse and calling for outright violence again those who are there to protect.

And now, on top of that, shit all over the flag and the military.  And do it at a football game no less.  Because that's what we all want out of our sports, politic statements.  You get paid millions of dollars to play a game.  No one wants to hear your opinion on some already beaten to death, bullshit cause.  You sir, are a ***** clown.  I want to hear Colin Kaerpnick's thoughts on race relations like I wanted to hear Ja Rules thoughts on 911.  Hilarious

Fail.....lol

....but I agree 100%. I mean, there is some racism out there, to be sure.....and in theory, BLM is a good thing, but then the bandwagoners (are they paid?) show up and turn it into a violent mess.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-31-2016, 12:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, I'm going to try to be somewhat short, as I'm known to ramble.  And I'm aware that much of what I'm about to say belongs moreso on Kotsch than JN.  I'm not sure anyone really cares what I think, and it's far from a hot take or terrible unique, but I'm going to share it anyway:

Colin Kaepernick is a moron. The first question I have is questioning the timing of his display vs the convenience of it.  Meaning, would he be making the same display if he was still starting, if he was a star/focal point?  Would he making the same display if he were in the middle of contract negotiations?  Just how sincere is he motivation?

And let's for a second believe that it's 100% sincere.  He has no other motivation that what he truly believes.  Guess what?  What he believes to be a worthy cause is stupid.  Yup, just plain stupid.  Go ahead, bring out that bleading heart blowhard Fred or anyone else that wants to defend this ridiculous cause.  Plain and simple, I find people who support BLM and the ideas behind it to be misinformed, people more concerned with inserting themselves into a movement than the movement itself, or outright liars.

This country has close to 400 million people in it.  Almost 1 million police officers.  Millions upon millions of criminals.  By sheer numbers alone that provides one heckuva an opportunity to frame an argument or paint a narrative.  Surely, if so much police misconduct exits you can find youself a slew of instances and martyrs to hold up to make your point.  So what do we have?

The first guy that kind of set this whole thing off was Michael Brown.  A piece of shit who robbed a store, strong-armed a clerk, and then was so worried about being caught that he proceeded to WALK DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.  Ignored police commands, ended up resisting arrest, fighting with the cop, going for his weapon.  Hands up don't shoot?  Oh, no witnesses made that up, even admitted it to it later.  All of the testing, reports and autopsy bank this up.  Doesn't matter though, this piece of shit is still head up as a martyr and that saying (Hands up..) still exists regardless if it even happened or not.

You got Freddy Gray in Baltimore, a guy who had been arrested dozens of times who died in the back of a squad car.  He wasn't shot.  And 3 of the 5 officers were minorities.  The police vehicle, and the officer responsible for transporting him were both minorities.  So we've got another know piece of shit, who wasn't purposely killed, and who white officers had nothing to do with other than the initial arrest.  Meh, here's another example of police gunning down innocent black men.  Forget that he wasn't exactly innocent or gunned down.  He also had back surgery recently but I'm sure that had nothing to do with his situation.  Rolleyes

You got some other fat ***** piece of shit who had a heart attack while resisting arrest.  Again, known criminal.  Perhaps his death has more to do with a.) Breaking the law. b.) being a fat ***** slob and c.) resisting arrest than it does with the police just out and out targeting and killing blacks.

You got a woman who hung herself who for some reason has been inserted into this conversation.  And, by the way, let me tell you, you looked real scared of the police in that video.  A lot of these idiots definitely look fearful of the police.  That's why they're yelling, combative, and so uncopperative right from the get go.  Those are definitely actions of someone who is fearful of their life.  That's what you do when you're scared, don't cooperate, immediately escalate the situation and do nothing the officer says.  So I'm not sure what the story is here.  It seems she gave them more than enough reason to arrest her, she made a simple traffic stop a huge ordeal, and then killed herself.  Boo...*****...hoo.

This last guy in Milwaukee.  Wtf?  Another criminal.  Pointed his gun at a cop.  A black cop.  Was justly fired upon.  What the hell is the problem here?  What should have the cop done?  What does this have to do with trying to legitimize a cause.  Not only should this piece of shit been shot, good ***** riddance.

400 million people and these are some of the best you got?  You can't come up with better examples than these?  The worst example I've seen is Ray Tensing and that guy was almost immediately charged with murder.  

The whole thing is a joke.  The media has continued to fan the flames and advance this story.  People too stupid to actually look at the facts, and too eager to adopt a cause, have rallied behind an organization that only makes their cause look worse.  The interruptions at rallies, the blocking of traffic, none of it helps your cause.  

The fact there are some bad police.  You take 900,000 people doing anything and you're going to find a wind array of individuals.  Good, bad and everything in between.  The way this entire situation has been portrayed is completely overblown and has only made things worse.  

I could keep going and going, and I'm not even sure I made any point other than that I absolutely hate where everything is headed.  It's division created by a lot of misinformation and outright lies, only perpetuated by idiots like Colin Kaepernick.  Go ahead and hold up Mike Brown as a martyr.  Pretend like crime isn't a huge issue in the black community, where it's glorified in pop culture.  Continue doing things like disrespecting police officers and only making an alright tense situation even worse and calling for outright violence again those who are there to protect.

And now, on top of that, shit all over the flag and the military.  And do it at a football game no less.  Because that's what we all want out of our sports, politic statements.  You get paid millions of dollars to play a game.  No one wants to hear your opinion on some already beaten to death, bullshit cause.  You sir, are a ***** clown.  I want to hear Colin Kaerpnick's thoughts on race relations like I wanted to hear Ja Rules thoughts on 911.  Hilarious

Outstanding!

Here's how I see the whole scenario, in a nutshell.

When the blacks stop using the word, on a daily basis, they say is so offensive to them, [Sidebar:  Don't even try using the excuse about context!  Excuse being the key word, because all that really is, is an excuse so they can use the word in ANY context!!] AND when the thugs stop killing innocent black children, as collateral damage, on a daily basis, then I will give a rip!!!
(08-31-2016, 01:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What did Boomer say that was so wrong?

The narrative that there is this huge problem with police outright murdering African-Americans is totally bullshit.  This entire us vs. them mentality is a much bigger problem.  One only made worse by the actions of those as stupid as Colin Kaepernick.

Has his display changed one person's mind?  Doubtful.  Has anyone, having now seen his act, not become aware of a problem that they didn't know existed prior to said display?  Again, doubtful.  I'd say all he's managed to do is to insert himself into a conversation that in no way needs or cares to have his input.

And boy oh boy, do I hate the word privilege.  If for no other reason than it's overuse.  It's like that one guy who start saying  a new word he learned way too often.  Like, I get it, Bill.  You went to a conference where they talked about synergy. Stop bringing it up in every meeting.  The idea that there is all of this inherit privilege that somehow precludes Boomer from sharing his opinion is comical.  Ironic even.

I'm just waiting for the hot takes on this one.  "Collin Kaerpernick is just voicing his opinion!!!  That his right as an American!"  Same person then goes on to blast Boomer for sharing his opinion, in a forum (talk radio) that specifically intending for sharing your opinion.  Because he's privileged?  Uh, what?

I also hate the word "privilege." It's about families... And now, if you want to go to grad school, med school, any kind of school to get a degree to further yourself, and you are a white (throw male in there too) you will be looked at second due to requirements to hire/bring in females, minorities, etc. I know so many people who have been passed up, even when they were more than qualified, due to their "privilege." It's time to realize the bigger issues, like how can we bring family back into the picture for a lot of these conversations. Just my take.
(08-31-2016, 01:15 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's how I see the whole scenario, in a nutshell.

When the blacks stop using the word, on a daily basis, they say is so offensive to them, [Sidebar:  Don't even try using the excuse about context!  Excuse being the key word, because all that really is, is an excuse so they can use the word in ANY context!!] AND when the thugs stop killing innocent black children, as collateral damage, on a daily basis, then I will give a rip!!!

What makes this even more ironic is that Krapernick was fined by the NFL for using racial slurs on the field....

they both have the right to state their opinions. That should not even be a discussion point. Now we can discuss whether Colin is choosing the right time and place that is a whole other issue

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Whatever. We have a candidate running for President of the U.S who is running off of the notion America isn't great and is within single digits of winning. Those same voters are slamming Kaep. Hypocrites. All he's trying to do is make America Great (again). A theory close to majority of the electorate agrees on. It's a non story.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-31-2016, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: What makes this even more ironic is that Krapernick was fined by the NFL for using racial slurs on the field....

Wink   I rest my case!!!!
(08-31-2016, 12:45 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Most in the black community don't even look at bi racial individuals as being half or biracial. They look at them and consider them black. There are many you wouldn't even know they were mixed.

I think we can all agree that there isn't a national "black community" just as there isn't a national "white community".  What you're describing has not been my experience, but again what I've experienced is not the totality of possibility.
(08-31-2016, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Whatever. We have a candidate running for President of the U.S who is running off of the notion America isn't great and is within single digits of winning. Those same voters are slamming Kaep. Hypocrites. All he's trying to do is make America Great (again). A theory close to majority of the electorate agrees on. It's a non story.

Krapernick is just trying to get back in the spotlight because he sucks as a QB.....that, or he's way, way misguided.

I mean, wearing a Fidel Castro shirt doesn't scream tolerance, social justice, and freedom to me.  Secondly, if he was actually addressing this issue, like say, investing in the community, and using his platform/notoriety to effect real change.....like getting minority community leaders and police officers together for a cookout and a sit down, then I might buy in.  He's just another "celebrity" who thinks he can tell the rest of us peons how to act.  Put up or shut up Krap.

(08-31-2016, 01:05 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What did Boomer say that was so wrong?

Plus 1 to that

I've had my fair share of arguments with the people unwilling to believe facts and the truth and this might be the best worded explanation on these types of people and how mis-informed and delusional they are. Damn good write up sir!!!
(08-31-2016, 12:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, I'm going to try to be somewhat short, as I'm known to ramble. And I'm aware that much of what I'm about to say belongs moreso on Kotsch than JN. I'm not sure anyone really cares what I think, and it's far from a hot take or terrible unique, but I'm going to share it anyway:

Colin Kaepernick is a moron. The first question I have is questioning the timing of his display vs the convenience of it. Meaning, would he be making the same display if he was still starting, if he was a star/focal point? Would he making the same display if he were in the middle of contract negotiations? Just how sincere is he motivation?

And let's for a second believe that it's 100% sincere. He has no other motivation that what he truly believes. Guess what? What he believes to be a worthy cause is stupid. Yup, just plain stupid. Go ahead, bring out that bleading heart blowhard Fred or anyone else that wants to defend this ridiculous cause. Plain and simple, I find people who support BLM and the ideas behind it to be misinformed, people more concerned with inserting themselves into a movement than the movement itself, or outright liars.

This country has close to 400 million people in it. Almost 1 million police officers. Millions upon millions of criminals. By sheer numbers alone that provides one heckuva an opportunity to frame an argument or paint a narrative. Surely, if so much police misconduct exits you can find youself a slew of instances and martyrs to hold up to make your point. So what do we have?

The first guy that kind of set this whole thing off was Michael Brown. A piece of shit who robbed a store, strong-armed a clerk, and then was so worried about being caught that he proceeded to WALK DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD. Ignored police commands, ended up resisting arrest, fighting with the cop, going for his weapon. Hands up don't shoot? Oh, no witnesses made that up, even admitted it to it later. All of the testing, reports and autopsy bank this up. Doesn't matter though, this piece of shit is still head up as a martyr and that saying (Hands up..) still exists regardless if it even happened or not.

You got Freddy Gray in Baltimore, a guy who had been arrested dozens of times who died in the back of a squad car. He wasn't shot. And 3 of the 5 officers were minorities. The police vehicle, and the officer responsible for transporting him were both minorities. So we've got another know piece of shit, who wasn't purposely killed, and who white officers had nothing to do with other than the initial arrest. Meh, here's another example of police gunning down innocent black men. Forget that he wasn't exactly innocent or gunned down. He also had back surgery recently but I'm sure that had nothing to do with his situation. Rolleyes

You got some other fat ***** piece of shit who had a heart attack while resisting arrest. Again, known criminal. Perhaps his death has more to do with a.) Breaking the law. b.) being a fat ***** slob and c.) resisting arrest than it does with the police just out and out targeting and killing blacks.

You got a woman who hung herself who for some reason has been inserted into this conversation. And, by the way, let me tell you, you looked real scared of the police in that video. A lot of these idiots definitely look fearful of the police. That's why they're yelling, combative, and so uncopperative right from the get go. Those are definitely actions of someone who is fearful of their life. That's what you do when you're scared, don't cooperate, immediately escalate the situation and do nothing the officer says. So I'm not sure what the story is here. It seems she gave them more than enough reason to arrest her, she made a simple traffic stop a huge ordeal, and then killed herself. Boo...*****...hoo.

This last guy in Milwaukee. Wtf? Another criminal. Pointed his gun at a cop. A black cop. Was justly fired upon. What the hell is the problem here? What should have the cop done? What does this have to do with trying to legitimize a cause. Not only should this piece of shit been shot, good ***** riddance.

400 million people and these are some of the best you got? You can't come up with better examples than these? The worst example I've seen is Ray Tensing and that guy was almost immediately charged with murder.

The whole thing is a joke. The media has continued to fan the flames and advance this story. People too stupid to actually look at the facts, and too eager to adopt a cause, have rallied behind an organization that only makes their cause look worse. The interruptions at rallies, the blocking of traffic, none of it helps your cause.

The fact there are some bad police. You take 900,000 people doing anything and you're going to find a wind array of individuals. Good, bad and everything in between. The way this entire situation has been portrayed is completely overblown and has only made things worse.

I could keep going and going, and I'm not even sure I made any point other than that I absolutely hate where everything is headed. It's division created by a lot of misinformation and outright lies, only perpetuated by idiots like Colin Kaepernick. Go ahead and hold up Mike Brown as a martyr. Pretend like crime isn't a huge issue in the black community, where it's glorified in pop culture. Continue doing things like disrespecting police officers and only making an alright tense situation even worse and calling for outright violence again those who are there to protect.

And now, on top of that, shit all over the flag and the military. And do it at a football game no less. Because that's what we all want out of our sports, politic statements. You get paid millions of dollars to play a game. No one wants to hear your opinion on some already beaten to death, bullshit cause. You sir, are a ***** clown. I want to hear Colin Kaerpnick's thoughts on race relations like I wanted to hear Ja Rules thoughts on 911. Hilarious

I agree on all points, save for the woman who hung herself; was this the one that was pulled over for no reason and then treated like crap in Texas, who was from NY (I think?)?

The only one that you mentioned where there was indeed, fishiness going on and there are still a lot of unanswered questions with that one there... but anyways, you are correct.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(08-31-2016, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Whatever. We have a candidate running for President of the U.S who is running off of the notion America isn't great and is within single digits of winning. Those same voters are slamming Kaep. Hypocrites. All he's trying to do is make America Great (again). A theory close to majority of the electorate agrees on. It's a non story.

Sitting on his arse on the bench at a football game does NOT make America great again (It does, however, possibly make the 49ers great again).

If he's such a justice warrior, I want to know what else he has done to further the cause that actually requires him to do something of value and substance. If you told me he goes out and mentors youth or volunteers at soup kitchen or donates large sums of money to fight poverty, I would respect him a lot more. It's very easy just to sit down.
(08-31-2016, 01:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think we can all agree that there isn't a national "black community" just as there isn't a national "white community".  What you're describing has not been my experience, but again what I've experienced is not the totality of possibility.

When I said "community" I didn't mean it in a literal sense. More so the black culture and/or thought.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
From the comments on the article:

"Anyways, where was Kaepernick when his fellow football peers were committing violence against women ? Remember Ray McDonald, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy ? Was Kaepernick taking a stand when domestic violence is an every day occurrence or how about abused children ? Its pretty convient to play the race card to take a stance. Kaepernick should think about all people, he’s as selfish of an athelete as anyone."

.....yeah, Krap, what about that?

Maybe he does. We don't know. So what he sat and that's not the politically correct thing to do (I hope those same people who are attacking him don't attack political correctness). Does it really bother people? It doesn't bother me and there are plenty of pictures going around of our elected officials of both parties sitting during national anthem. I think it's a non story. If our Senators, Governors, and House members sit and no one cares, why should folks be up in arms over an athlete? Priorities people.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-30-2016, 11:35 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Dang.... It must be different, where Harrison is from.
I was in a Columbus  (Easton Mall) FootLocker and about 8 black youths were having their run of the place.
They would demand their size  in a certain style, try it on, model themselves in the mirror and to one another, take the shoe off, throw it at the service rep, and demand the next choice to try on.

Granted... this is a small moment in time, with only a small sample size, but I feel I must share the stark contrast in experiences.

More on topic.... I caught myself removing my hat, when hearing The National Anthem at the beginning of the local high school football game, on the radio, in the car, while driving.

This was Friday night, but I didn't remember, until this post.

I also remove it for funerals that pass.

I guess I'm programmed.

I refuse to walk over a grave, also.

I'm weird, maybe...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Is it possible you were witnessing entitled OSU athletes?
(08-31-2016, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe he does. We don't know. So what he sat and that's not the politically correct thing to do (I hope those same people who are attacking him don't attack political correctness). Does it really bother people? It doesn't bother me and there are plenty of pictures going around of our elected officials of both parties sitting during national anthem. I think it's a non story.

He, and those folks you mention, aren't being very PC.  To me, the flag (especially when presented by a color guard) signifies the guys and gals that laid their lives on the line, guys like by grandfathers, one at Gauadalcanal...one support artillery at Normandy, and folks who are still out there MIA.  Not some bullshit politician, not the damn law, THOSE people.  People with their names on memorials.....to Krap I say:  "get off your damn ass, and respect those souls and their families, especially the ones that gave all."  Then get off your ass, and actually do something for the cause instead of attention grabbing.

JMO.