Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collectibles Subforum/Topic Request
Would anyone be interested in a subforum on this site dedicated to Bengals Sports Cards & Collectibles or maybe just collectibles in general? Sports cards, auto'd items, game worn, unique stuff that people have collected over the years could be really fun for us all to share, see, discuss, etc.

- I would prefer to see either a dedicated Sticky'd thread or it's own permanent section or a Forum area with sub forum topics rather than just a huge thread that moves around and gets lost.

Not sure if anyone else is into that kind of thing or would enjoy posting their stuff, what they find, where they found it, their Bengals rooms, etc.? If so, perhaps the powers that be would consider adding a permanent section to the forum for this kind of chat.

- I would recommend NOT allowing people to openly offer sales or to buy stuff on the forum - ebay handles or whatever would prob be fine. I think there should be a rule against that just to stop bad actors or bad sellers/buyers.

Just a request/suggestion. I started a small sports card/comic book Ebay business as a side thing durring COVID and this industry is VERY POPULAR and continues to be. My main businesses are Home Theater/Automation & building AirBnB vaction properties, but I LOVE the sports card & memorabilia stuff.

I would be happy to moderate a forum like that - and also keep my business completely out of it unless a sponsorship comes available - if someone is needed to do so. I only sell via Ebay and not looking to do so elsewhere. However, I do think I could add a lot of insight & advice for people who enjoy collecting, buying, selling and I'm sure others on here could as well.

If a Forum topic like that becomes popular with activity I do see possible marketing or business opportunity there for the Forum to add revenue via advertisement, sponsorinig, etc.

Anyway, would love to have others chime in on if they would praticipate in a section or subforum for this topic!
Reply/Quote
I'm onboard

But I'd say it would be better if it's not just baseball cards. Coins, stamps, antiques, metal detecting finds, knives and guns, whatever ??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 01:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm onboard

But I'd say it would be better if it's not just baseball cards. Coins, stamps, antiques, metal detecting finds, knives and guns, whatever ??

I think a forum area with all of these types of subforum topics would be super cool. Feel free to add to this list or change it and we can see what we can dream up!

Bengals Memorabilia
Sports Cards
Comic Books/Cards
Non-Sports Collectibles

^ This type of "Collectibles" Section would be really cool.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 02:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think a forum area with all of these types of subforum topics would be super cool. Feel free to add to this list or change it and we can see what we can dream up!

Bengals Memorabilia
Sports Cards
Comic Books/Cards
Non-Sports Collectibles

would fit well in the entertainment forum
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 02:14 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I think a forum area with all of these types of subforum topics would be super cool. Feel free to add to this list or change it and we can see what we can dream up!

Bengals Memorabilia
Sports Cards
Comic Books/Cards
Non-Sports Collectibles

I think that the topic of collectables is a good one, and a subject that could generate some interesting content and discussion.  Perhaps try starting a thread on collectables in the Klotsch Forum, and see what sort of activity it attracts.  I suggest Klotsch because you want to reach and receive input from all members of the Bengalsboard community, not just the JN crowd.  If it takes off, I'll make the thread a sticky, so that it is always easy to find.

Not so sure that an entire subforum topic would be in order.  I seem to remember we had additional subforum topics a few years back, and they didn't really generate enough activity to continue their maintenance.  As I recall, some hard choices were made in the name of streamlining to maximize server capability to avoid the dreaded site crashes after big games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote