Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collective Consciousness
I have an idea for those willing to take part. It may seem crazy I know but why not try. Thinking this is the year every year for 26 years is pretty crazy too. Maybe this franchise has just gotten to the point where they are just expected to fail. And most of the time it's true. We expect to lose prime time games, we expect to lose playoff games. Too much negativity around this franchise. Winning teams don't expect to lose, they expect to win. They have a confidence about them that we never see here. Even when we're good we have doubts and limitations.

So let's try something new. It's kinda like when you think about someone in your past and out of nowhere they call you. Is it just a coincidence that 2 people just happen to be thinking about each other at the same time or is there some other strange force at work. So here is what I would like to try, the more the better. At 1:00 Kickoff I want as many people as possible to think the exact same thing in their head. The phrase is "The Cincinnati Bengals are going to the Super Bowl this year". What can it hurt. We may just will this team to succeed. If this does nothing, no biggie. If this works, Your Welcome...if this team goes to the SB then we all played a part in something special.

Remember Kickoff " The Cincinnati Bengals are going to the Super Bowl this year".
Reply/Quote
I think winning a single playoff game is a more noble goal since ever single team in the NFL has won one since we last have.
Reply/Quote
The universe gives back what you put out there. The constant negativity results in creating a negative result. I have said several times in several threads over the past few years that the fan negativity is helping to create the negative reality. People claim they are negative to protect themselves from disappointment and expecting too much. But negative begets negative. Try being positive instead. Even if you dont fully believe it yet. Be positive anyway. Eventually the positivity will take over and positive results will occur. What can it possibly hurt to try? If youre positive and things dont work out, then you only experienced negativity at th end. If you are negative and things dont turn out then you were negative the whole way through. Thats no way to go through life.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: The universe gives back what you put out there. The constant negativity results in creating a negative result. I have said several times in several threads over the past few years that the fan negativity is helping to create the negative reality. People claim they are negative to protect themselves from disappointment and expecting too much. But negative begets negative. Try being positive instead. Even if you dont fully believe it yet. Be positive anyway. Eventually the positivity will take over and positive results will occur. What can it possibly hurt to try? If youre positive and things dont work out, then you only experienced negativity at th end. If you are negative and things dont turn out then you were negative the whole way through. Thats no way to go through life.

So we should be positive--because the Universe gives what it gets--and things will work out...unless it doesn't, in which case it still ends in negativity. But only in the end. 

Got it. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I always try to maintain a positive outlook...

[Image: Mu3tYF9.gif]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
And after the Bengals are up 21-0 at the start of the second half and the Bengals get the ball first but go three and out resulting in decent field position where the Ravens put together a drive and score a TD, Bengals fans will remain kind of positive and say collectively, "It's just one score, no big deal".

Of course there will be one guy out there who is so negative and say, "Here we go, they are going to blow it like always".

Then after the Ravens score again and make it 21-14, more people will jump on the negative bandwagon...but not all.

Now, the Ravens just scored once more and it 21-20 with the Ravens going for two. Collectively, Bengals fans are saying, "I KNEW IT!" with all this negative energy going out into the universe coming back to help the Ravens take the lead.

Now, grandmothers with shotguns and grandfathers with AR-15's are marching the streets looking for TKUHL and wanting blood.

Thanks a lot TKUHL, I was almost pulled into your cult but I'm not falling for it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 12:37 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: And after the Bengals are up 21-0 at the start of the second half and the Bengals get the ball first but go three and out resulting in decent field position where the Ravens put together a drive and score a TD, Bengals fans will remain kind of positive and say collectively, "It's just one score, no big deal".

Of course there will be one guy out there who is so negative and say, "Here we go, they are going to blow it like always".

Then after the Ravens score again and make it 21-14, more people will jump on the negative bandwagon...but not all.

Now, the Ravens just scored once more and it 21-20 with the Ravens going for two. Collectively, Bengals fans are saying, "I KNEW IT!" with all this negative energy going out into the universe coming back to help the Ravens take the lead.

Now, grandmothers with shotguns and grandfathers with AR-15's are marching the streets looking for TKUHL and wanting blood.

Thanks a lot TKUHL, I was almost pulled into your cult but I'm not falling for it.

LMAO... This might be the best reply I've ever had. Good stuff
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: LMAO... This might be the best reply I've ever had. Good stuff

I may be laughed at but I don't care, I am very positive about this season and think the Bengals will go 12-4 this year getting the ever elusive first round bye and that more elusive playoff win bring on another win and another win. That's right, I said it, I think the Bengals are winning the Super Bowl this year and will continue to think that until the don't...if that makes any sense.

I actually see the Bengals O Line being top five this year. I know that sounds crazy but I do and I don't know why.

I'm delusional, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:15 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I may be laughed at but I don't care, I am very positive about this season and think the Bengals will go 12-4 this year getting the ever elusive first round bye and that more elusive playoff win bring on another win and another win. That's right, I said it, I think the Bengals are winning the Super Bowl this year and will continue to think that until the don't...if that makes any sense.

I actually see the Bengals O Line being top five this year. I know that sounds crazy but I do and I don't know why.

I'm delusional, right?

No not at all, I'm the one who started a crazy mind altering hippie thread. Pretty sure I'm seen as the delusional one here. I think you have the right mindset for what I'm wanting to try. I hope this team can shock everyone. I was telling friends this was the year we win it all, then pre season was just a kick in the nuts. But hey, we came away from pre season without major injuries and we know what needs to be fixed.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think winning a single playoff game is a more noble goal since ever single team in the NFL has won one since we last have.

True but the whole point is about being positive and confident in this team. But if you notice I did just say "Go to the SB" I didn't say anything about winning it, so I left a little doubt in there.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: The universe gives back what you put out there. The constant negativity results in creating a negative result. I have said several times in several threads over the past few years that the fan negativity is helping to create the negative reality. People claim they are negative to protect themselves from disappointment and expecting too much. But negative begets negative. Try being positive instead. Even if you dont fully believe it yet. Be positive anyway. Eventually the positivity will take over and positive results will occur. What can it possibly hurt to try? If youre positive and things dont work out, then you only experienced negativity at th end. If you are negative and things dont turn out then you were negative the whole way through. Thats no way to go through life.

Okay, I'll try this. I'm positive that Ben will get some rare form or crotch crickets this year from banging a barely legal girl in the back room of some bar during a road game.  Cool

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I have an idea for those willing to take part. It may seem crazy I know but why not try. Thinking this is the year every year for 26 years is pretty crazy too. Maybe this franchise has just gotten to the point where they are just expected to fail. And most of the time it's true. We expect to lose prime time games, we expect to lose playoff games. Too much negativity around this franchise. Winning teams don't expect to lose, they expect to win. They have a confidence about them that we never see here. Even when we're good we have doubts and limitations.

So let's try something new. It's kinda like when you think about someone in your past and out of nowhere they call you. Is it just a coincidence that 2 people just happen to be thinking about each other at the same time or is there some other strange force at work. So here is what I would like to try, the more the better. At 1:00 Kickoff I want as many people as possible to think the exact same thing in their head. The phrase is "The Cincinnati Bengals are going to the Super Bowl this year". What can it hurt. We may just will this team to succeed. If this does nothing, no biggie. If this works, Your Welcome...if this team goes to the SB then we all played a part in something special.

Remember Kickoff " The Cincinnati Bengals are going to the Super Bowl this year".

Our 50th Anniversary Team....finally showing ties to its history.  What better season to celebrate the birth of the Ohio River Offense, now an NFL staple.  To celebrate Paul Brown, who helped make this league what it is today.  

Your damn right we are going to the Super Bowl this year, and I will be thinking it during kickoff.  
Reply/Quote

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:36 AM)TKUHL Wrote: No not at all, I'm the one who started a crazy mind altering hippie thread. Pretty sure I'm seen as the delusional one here. I think you have the right mindset for what I'm wanting to try. I hope this team can shock everyone. I was telling friends this was the year we win it all, then pre season was just a kick in the nuts. But hey, we came away from pre season without major injuries and we know what needs to be fixed.

You took a Yoga class didn't you?

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 09:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You took a Yoga class didn't you?

I didn't go to yoga, but there was some downward dog involved.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 09:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You took a Yoga class didn't you?

Yoga pants. 'Nuff said.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nope, no yoga involved trust me you don't want to see all this in yoga pants. Had to look up Doward Dog lol thought it was some kind of drink. Looks like the show might be funny.
Reply/Quote
See? I should have gotten into the useless and crappy motivational poster business years ago.  I'd be a brazilianaire by now. 
In the immortal words of George W Bush, "Remind me again, how many is a Brazilian?" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I have often wondered if "we" were the curse. Go back to the glory days and Riverfront was rocking. I have very rarely seen either park like that. I have also wondered if the loss of blue collar jobs has had anything to do with it.

But yeah, without a doubt teams feed off of positive energy.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2017, 11:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Remember Kickoff " The Cincinnati Bengals are going to the Super Bowl this year".

Typically, I am one of that mindset.  I honestly thought '15 was going to be the year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote