Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
College Pro Day Tracker
Tuesday, March 9

Northwestern

T Rashawn Slater

Height: 6'4″ (OT: 13th percentile, G: 51st percentile)
Weight: 304 (OT: 18th, G: 23rd)
Arm: 33″ (OT: 13th, G: 37th)
Bench: 33 reps (OT: 96th, G: 90th)
40-yard: 4.88 (OT: 97th, G: 98th)
3-cone: 7.48 (OT: 83rd, G: 87th)

The size and arm length were as expected, and they do Slater no favors when it comes to his projection at tackle at the next level. However, he did verify his status as an athletic freak.

One of the most technically advanced prospects we have seen at the position, he pairs those outstanding testing numbers with outstanding collegiate production. In his last year at Northwestern, Slater posted a 90.0 PFF grade and allowed just five pressures in 11 games in his final collegiate season. Teams should be at peace with Slater’s size after this pro day. He is going to hold up at tackle in the NFL.

For PFF Big Board rank, round projection and further prospect analysis, click here.

CB Greg Newsome II

Height: 6'0″ (66th percentile)
Weight: 192 (51st)
Arm: 31 1/8″ (41st)
Vertical: 40 (91st)
Broad jump: 123 (55th)
Bench: 18 (85th)
40-yard: 4.37 (91st)
Short shuttle: 4.28 (31st)
3-cone: 6.94 (49th)

Newsome just made himself a whole lot of money with his pro-day performance and is legitimately making a case to be the third corner off the board in April. He is an exceptional all-around athlete who was also a great all-around lockdown corner in Northwestern’s zone-heavy defense.

Newsome made ample plays from off coverage and held up at the line of scrimmage on the few opportunities he had in press-man coverage. Last year for the Wildcats, Newsome allowed just 93 yards and five first downs on 223 coverage snaps while making eight plays on the ball. He can play in any scheme at the next level and is now likely to hear his name called in Round 1.

For PFF Big Board rank, round projection and further prospect analysis, click here.

Kansas State

EDGE Wyatt Hubert

Height: 6'3″ (43rd percentile)
Weight: 265 (62nd)
Vertical: 31
3-cone: 7.00 (81st)

Wisconsin-Whitewater

iOL Quinn Meinerz

Height: 6'3″ (19th percentile among guards)
Weight: 320 (79th)
Vertical: 32 (90th)
Broad jump: 111 (90th)
40-yard: 4.86 (99th)
Short shuttle: 4.47 (93rd)
3-cone: 7.33 (97th)

Meinerz hasn’t played a down for D-III Wisconsin-Whitewater since the 2019 season due to COVID-19 impacting their 2020 campaign, but his draft stock has skyrocketed in recent months. He dominated the Senior Bowl with the second-highest win rate in one-on-ones among all interior offensive linemen and just crushed his pro day.

Every single one of those testing numbers from Meinerz surpassed the 90th percentile among interior offensive line prospects historically. Teams are unlikely to take chances on small-school prospects early in the 2021 NFL Draft, but Meinerz looks like an exception to that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 01:27 AM)pulses Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if we took Meinerz in the 2nd if Pollack likes him that much.

I love everything I hear about that guy.  And I believe he'll definitely go in the 2nd to someone.
Reply/Quote
I guess I better start looking at Slater a little closer. For whatever reason I have kind of written him off
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 07:45 PM)3wt Wrote: I love everything I hear about that guy.  And I believe he'll definitely go in the 2nd to someone.

I read where the Stoolers  have talked to him. So taking him before them screws them over which is always nice tooThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
JaMarr Chase/WR- 25 reps of 225. That's 4 more than the #1 OT drafted last year

WHAT?????????? WOW!!
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 04:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pollack's going with the gap scheme, so Meinerz would be a PERFECT fit.

Pollack is well known as a big advocate of wide zone (like we saw in 2018). That’s not changing in 2021. Meinerz is more of a power guy but he seems athletic enough so maybe Pollack thinks he could be a good fit (if he was actually there in attendance - it just says OL coach without specifically naming him)
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 08:33 PM)yang Wrote: JaMarr Chase/WR- 25 reps of 225. That's 4 more than the #1 OT drafted last year

WHAT?????????? WOW!!

Typo. According to the link, it was 23 reps. Still impressive though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Marshall's OT Josh Ball had his pro day today. Ball is one of those slightly under the radar prospects that will go early to mid day 3. His tape and talent isn't what is pushing him down the draft boards.

Quote:Ball measured 6′ 7 3/8″ and 308 pounds with 35-inch arms. He completed 28 reps on the bench, touched 27.5 inches in the vertical jump, and 8’10” in the broad jump. His forty was timed at 5.19 seconds, while his short shuttle was 4.67 seconds. During position drills, Ball looked athletic, smooth, and was always on balance. The Green Bay Packers ran the position drills.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:50 PM)Synric Wrote: Marshall's OT Josh Ball had his pro day today. Ball is one of those slightly under the radar prospects that will go early to mid day 3. His tape and talent isn't what is pushing him down the draft boards.

He may go in the 4th or 5th. It wouldn't hurt for us to check him out.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 11:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Most people assumed Frank Pollack would be at Northwestern checking out Rashawn Slater not the case he was in Wisconsin!

Quinn Meinerz's testing numbers at 6027 320 Hands 10 1/8 Arms 33 3/8:

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Kansas State DE Wyatt Hubert has talked with the Bengals and they also plan to meet with Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-lamar-jackson-bengals-ravens/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:53 AM)Synric Wrote: Kansas State DE Wyatt Hubert has talked with the Bengals and they also plan to meet with Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-lamar-jackson-bengals-ravens/

I know nothing about Hubert but when I watched Smith-Marsette I really liked him.

Heard he could be a mid to late round pick.
Reply/Quote
Joseph Ossai is having himself a day at the Texas Pro Day. I had looked at him for a potential pass rusher for the Bengals in round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Joseph Ossai is having himself a day at the Texas Pro Day. I had looked at him for a potential pass rusher for the Bengals in round 2.

I like it, after the 3rd round it starts to dry up as far as pass rushers go.
Reply/Quote
Jackson Carman solidified himself as a guard with emergency tackle ability today. He came in a 6047 317 32 1/2 arms.

He refuse to test saying a possibility he will do a workout on April 15. If that doesnt happen a good possibility he will be a 3rd or even 4th round pick.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 07:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman solidified himself as a guard with emergency tackle ability today. He came in a 6047 317 32 1/2 arms.

He refuse to test saying a possibility he will do a workout on April 15. If that doesnt happen a good possibility he will be a 3rd or even 4th round pick.

What exactly did he do to solidify himself?

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tuesday, March 9

Northwestern

T Rashawn Slater

Height: 6'4″ (OT: 13th percentile, G: 51st percentile)
Weight: 304 (OT: 18th, G: 23rd)
Arm: 33″ (OT: 13th, G: 37th)
Bench: 33 reps (OT: 96th, G: 90th)
40-yard: 4.88 (OT: 97th, G: 98th)
3-cone: 7.48 (OT: 83rd, G: 87th)

The size and arm length were as expected, and they do Slater no favors when it comes to his projection at tackle at the next level. However, he did verify his status as an athletic freak.

One of the most technically advanced prospects we have seen at the position, he pairs those outstanding testing numbers with outstanding collegiate production. In his last year at Northwestern, Slater posted a 90.0 PFF grade and allowed just five pressures in 11 games in his final collegiate season. Teams should be at peace with Slater’s size after this pro day. He is going to hold up at tackle in the NFL.

CB Greg Newsome II

Height: 6'0″ (66th percentile)
Weight: 192 (51st)
Arm: 31 1/8″ (41st)
Vertical: 40 (91st)
Broad jump: 123 (55th)
Bench: 18 (85th)
40-yard: 4.37 (91st)
Short shuttle: 4.28 (31st)
3-cone: 6.94 (49th)

Newsome just made himself a whole lot of money with his pro-day performance and is legitimately making a case to be the third corner off the board in April. He is an exceptional all-around athlete who was also a great all-around lockdown corner in Northwestern’s zone-heavy defense.

Newsome made ample plays from off coverage and held up at the line of scrimmage on the few opportunities he had in press-man coverage. Last year for the Wildcats, Newsome allowed just 93 yards and five first downs on 223 coverage snaps while making eight plays on the ball. He can play in any scheme at the next level and is now likely to hear his name called in Round 1.

Kansas State

EDGE Wyatt Hubert

Height: 6'3″ (43rd percentile)
Weight: 265 (62nd)
Vertical: 31
3-cone: 7.00 (81st)

Wisconsin-Whitewater

iOL Quinn Meinerz

Height: 6'3″ (19th percentile among guards)
Weight: 320 (79th)
Vertical: 32 (90th)
Broad jump: 111 (90th)
40-yard: 4.86 (99th)
Short shuttle: 4.47 (93rd)
3-cone: 7.33 (97th)

Meinerz hasn’t played a down for D-III Wisconsin-Whitewater since the 2019 season due to COVID-19 impacting their 2020 campaign, but his draft stock has skyrocketed in recent months. He dominated the Senior Bowl with the second-highest win rate in one-on-ones among all interior offensive linemen and just crushed his pro day.

Every single one of those testing numbers from Meinerz surpassed the 90th percentile among interior offensive line prospects historically. Teams are unlikely to take chances on small-school prospects early in the 2021 NFL Draft, but Meinerz looks like an exception to that.

Gosh that kid Meinerz is a freak!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know nothing about Hubert but when I watched Smith-Marsette I really liked him.

Heard he could be a mid to late round pick.

I sent you a video for Marsette  a couple weeks backThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Amari Rodgers with a meh pro day.

WR Amari Rodgers

Height: 5'9 1/2″
Weight: 212
Vertical: 33
Broad jump: 121
Bench: 24
40-yard: 4.51
Short shuttle: 4.36
3-cone: 7.12

You apply the Pro Day to Combine adds and it's really ugly.

No measurements for alot of the Texas prospects like Samuel Cosmi but he did run a 4.84 and put up a surprising 36 225 reps with what we believe are long arms which is impressive.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 08:35 AM)Synric Wrote: Amari Rodgers with a meh pro day.

WR Amari Rodgers

Height: 5'9 1/2″
Weight: 212
Vertical: 33
Broad jump: 121
Bench: 24
40-yard: 4.51
Short shuttle: 4.36
3-cone: 7.12

You apply the Pro Day to Combine adds and it's really ugly.

No measurements for alot of the Texas prospects like Samuel Cosmi but he did run a 4.84 and put up a surprising 36 225 reps with what we believe are long arms which is impressive.
I was interested in the measuables of Cosmi. he hasn't released it yet but I do believe he'll be Kirwans #2 OT prospect. He seems to love Cosmi and hate Mayfield; 2 OTs i often see ranked close together 

Reply/Quote