Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Collingsworth sucks
He was obviously for the rams. His gushing praise of them at times near the end was sickening. He seemed overjoyed of their good plays often stating something like "that's how you do it folks". When the replay was shown of the bogus holding call, he brushed it off. His joy at the end was way overboard. Maybe he had a lot of money on them or for some other reason he was thrilled the rams won.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:18 PM)Chris Wrote: He was obviously for the rams. His gushing praise of them at times near the end was sickening. He seemed overjoyed of their good plays often stating something like "that's how you do it folks". When the replay was shown of the bogus holding call, he brushed it off. His joy at the end was way overboard. Maybe he had a lot of money on them or for some other reason he was thrilled the rams won.

He talked all week about how he'd like to see the Bengals win...for the city and for the fans.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty sure he tried extra hard to seem impartial, but you could see how excited he has been for Cincy this year in other interviews and PFF stuff. He even said how he knows 90% of Cincy fans thinks he hates the team.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He talked all week about how he'd like to see the Bengals win for the city and for the fans.

And, yet, during the game Jalen Ramsey clearly grabbed Higgins on a potential TD and Collinsworth is "It's the Super Bowl; let 'em play". Then Higgins gets away with a facemask and it's a "controversial" call.

He may be a good analyst when he's talking about teams before and after the games. But, while calling the games, he absolutely chooses one team and gushes over them like me whenever I'm in the presence of hot women.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:18 PM)Chris Wrote: He was obviously for the rams. His gushing praise of them at times near the end was sickening. He seemed overjoyed of their good plays often stating something like "that's how you do it folks". When the replay was shown of the bogus holding call, he brushed it off. His joy at the end was way overboard. Maybe he had a lot of money on them or for some other reason he was thrilled the rams won.

That was pretty annoying. Al Michaels certainly didn’t like the call. Collinsworth basically laughed it off “that’s what they called.” And this is after he brought up the Tee no-call several times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was pretty annoying. Al Michaels certainly didn’t like the call. Collinsworth basically laughed it off “that’s what they called.” And this is after he brought up the Tee no-call several times.

I found myself saying "shut up Colinsworth!" way too many times last night
he was getting so annoying being all up in the Rams asses all night.
At least Boomer was baltantly out there saying he wants Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And, yet, during the game Jalen Ramsey clearly grabbed Higgins on a potential TD and Collinsworth is "It's the Super Bowl; let 'em play". Then Higgins gets away with a facemask and it's a "controversial" call.

He may be a good analyst when he's talking about teams before and after the games. But, while calling the games, he absolutely chooses one team and gushes over them like me whenever I'm in the presence of hot women.

Since I’m married, I can only gush over my wife, kids, and cake. Sometimes there’s pie.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote:  I can only gush over my ... kids, 

Nervous Define 'gush'  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was pretty annoying. Al Michaels certainly didn’t like the call. Collinsworth basically laughed it off “that’s what they called.” And this is after he brought up the Tee no-call several times.

Didn’t he say something about ticky tack penalty with the call on Wilson? And the “that’s what they called” seemed sarcastic.
Reply/Quote
What's a Collingsworth?
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth is a company man. He knows which team to favor with his wording. Multiple times Josh Allen has stomped the Steelers on sunday night football, and Collinsworth just ends up talking about the steelers instead of praising Allen and the Bills

it's just business
Reply/Quote
I've neveer cared for him
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:49 PM)Roland Wrote: What's a Collingsworth?

About $2.50
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Didn’t he say something about ticky tack penalty with the call on Wilson? And the “that’s what they called” seemed sarcastic.

I just wanted him to harp on it for like any time at all? Like he did the non-call on Tee. He downplayed it big time for how significant it was in that situation. Awful officiating like that deserves to be criticized.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 05:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just wanted him to harp on it for like any time at all? Like he did the non-call on Tee. He downplayed it big time for how significant it was in that situation. Awful officiating like that deserves to be criticized.

I get it. But, DBs get away with tugging jerseys more than WRs get away with face masks. The no call on Ramsey wouldn’t bother me if they called it the same way on Wilson. But, I don’t want to talk about the officiating.

But, when he said “that’s what they called,” I thought he meant he couldn’t believe that’s what they called, but that’s what they called.
Reply/Quote
We blast announcers all the time when they're homers but when we have one that isn't we blast him. Dude called a good game
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I hate Collinsworth, I’d actually rather Gus Johnson stand in than to hear Collinsworth non motivated ass
Reply/Quote
I think he goes out of his way to not seem like a fan of the team he played for. People over think things. Let him do his job.
Reply/Quote
He said something like Stafford and Kupp are the greatest combo under pressure ever?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Thought it was funny when the Bengals had the lead and momentum him saying that its just so difficult for Rams with all their stars hurt.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote