Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins Contract - Bengals Cap
https://overthecap.com/player/lael-collins/4105/

This is a really smart contract. Alot of the money is tied up into him actually being on the field with per game roster bonuses. If Collins screws up they can cut him only eat a 1.66m dead cap and move on any of the 3 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How long does a player remain on the waiver wire if no team puts in a claim?

waiver wire is short period of time if not claimed they become fa
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:14 PM)Synric Wrote: https://overthecap.com/player/lael-collins/4105/

This is a really smart contract. Alot of the money is tied up into him actually being on the field with per game roster bonuses. If Collins screws up they can cut him only eat a 1.66m dead cap and move on any of the 3 years.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: waiver wire is short period of time if not claimed they become fa

That's what I was thinking, but couldn't remember the exact details.  However, if some team did claim Fred Johnson, the Bengals would be on the hook for that $2.4M.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:14 PM)Synric Wrote: https://overthecap.com/player/lael-collins/4105/

If he signed somewhere else and those details came out the FO would have been vilified for being cheap and losing the ideal player we need for being tight etc. 
That is excellent work by all involved in getting him to sign here. No small part Pollack and even Collins spoke so highly of Joes efforts to get him and others around to his house making him feel a part of the Bengals family. 
But to pull that contract off is amazing. I’m sure I read Tobin was dealing with this one?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what I was thinking, but couldn't remember the exact details.  However, if some team did claim Fred Johnson, the Bengals would be on the hook for that $2.4M.

No because Fred never signed the contract, the Bengals pulled the offer

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 05:31 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: It is a deal where the Bengals had much leverage over Collins. That deal could have easily been beat by many teams. Why wasn’t it? Suggests they will be on the hunt for a RT come draft weekend since they aren’t invested long term in Collins.

3 years for a 28-29 yr old is pretty standard for us. Just like Karraas.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:23 PM)wanga Wrote: If he signed somewhere else and those details came out the FO would have been vilified for being cheap and losing the ideal player we need for being tight etc. 
That is excellent work by all involved in getting him to sign here. No small part Pollack and even Collins spoke so highly of Joes efforts to get him and others around to his house making him feel a part of the Bengals family. 
But to pull that contract off is amazing. I’m sure I read Tobin was dealing with this one?

The Burrow effect is real, La'el even said that is what put it over the top and made it a done deal.

Hanging out at Joe Brrr's house. Cool
Reply/Quote
Interestingly Fred hasn’t commented his usual comment about players only ever signing for money in this thread
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:36 PM)gman657 Wrote: Interestingly Fred hasn’t commented his usual comment about players only ever signing for money in this thread

Hmm Yes, that is interesting...
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's what I was thinking, but couldn't remember the exact details.  However, if some team did claim Fred Johnson, the Bengals would be on the hook for that $2.4M.

Already been answered, Sunset. RFA tenders have no guarantees prior to the start of the season. There's no hook to be on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wow! Great deal on the contract. $4.2 vs the cap is significantly less than I thought.

My best guestimate now has us around $17.6 mil in space. That is enough to do some more non-bargain bin FA shopping.

I think Gilmore may be in play. If we extend Bates & get that number down, we could create more space.
Reply/Quote
Katie Blackburn is really good at her job.

Reply/Quote

Bengals are learning cap gymnastics and starting to use it more and more
Love the per game bonus, if he screws up or injured and can't play, he loses money and we gain cap $ in 2023

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 06:53 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Wow! Great deal on the contract. $4.2 vs the cap is significantly less than I thought.

My best guestimate now has us around $17.6 mil in space. That is enough to do some more non-bargain bin FA shopping.  

I think Gilmore may be in play.  If we extend Bates & get that number down, we could create more space.

Sounds great to me, yeah it is a great deal for us.

(03-24-2022, 07:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Katie Blackburn is really good at her job.

This.

(03-24-2022, 07:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals are learning cap gymnastics and starting to use it more and more
Love the per game bonus, if he screws up or injured and can't play, he loses monet and we gain cap $ in 2023

Hope he just plays great and becomes a great Cincinnatian but this sure is a great contract insurance wise not ignoring 
La'el's red flags with the herb and other things. I think all these things are pretty minor, but you have to think about them
when doing contracts and I think Katie as Nicomo says is really good at this.
Reply/Quote
Thank heavens they didn't trade a high draft pick for him like some wanted.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 07:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Katie Blackburn is really good at her job.

it's more than katie blackburn, it's whole front office
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:31 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Thank heavens they didn't trade a high draft pick for him like some wanted.

I was guilty, I said our 2nd so we could secure the 10 million a year contract for 3 years, but no dead money if wet cut him.

This is why I am not a GM. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I was guilty, I said our 2nd so we could secure the 10 million a year contract for 3 years, but no dead money if wet cut him.

This is why I am not a GM. Tongue

Me too, but I stand by it. We aren't getting a better RT at 31 than La'el Collins let alone a 3rd round pick like was being all
it would take to land him. It went better than I wanted, nice to see once again. This FO and the coaches know what they 
are doing and I don't question them anymore like in the past.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 08:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: it's more than katie blackburn, it's whole front office

Well sure, Duke ofc is director of player personnel, and also deserves a ton of credit, but Katie Blackburn negotiates the contracts. And this one is unbelievably team friendly. Anyone that’s ever seen the Hard Knocks where she was dealing with Andre Smith’s agent knows how tough she is when it comes to getting the team the best deal possible.

Reply/Quote