Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Collins' visit is over
(03-20-2022, 03:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: While on my daily walk I thought about this situation and thought if it's like a relationship, if you try too hard it could look bad (let's say if another team came around and just said we will give you X years for Y dollars take it or leave it). We spent a lot of time with this person trying to court them lol.

You're cruising to get Fred's contract negotiations are "not like teenage romances" rebuke.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:58 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Why would the Bengals have any leverage? He’s getting attention from other teams. Bengals are reported still very interested. Collins didn’t sign. Why? Is it because he doesn’t like our mascot? It’s money/guaranteed money. Maybe we do end up signing him Bc we were the highest/best offer. But we have such a strong need to upgrade the O Line, we shouldn’t be playing games. He’s a top 5 talent. Give him a contract he’ll want to sign.

We all cried and complained about the O line for 2 years! We lost the SB Bc of it. And now we have the chance to get a top 5 talent and we want to quarrel over x amount of money to get the deal done.

Bengals have Pollack, Burrow, Chase and an improved OL from last year's SB run.
We are contenders with or with out him.

Collins is best RT on market atm. 

The fit is there. Maybe it's about number of years? Neither of us know the full details, nor does any of the talking heads out there. They are just speculating for clicks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:07 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Because if you give him a contract he likes, he’ll sign. How many of our previous FA’s signed without a visit vs doing the old school tour of clubs?

The whole visit thing is antiquated. I'm sure their agents fielded offers from multiple teams.

Collins was going to be traded and was waived. That happened quick. Why not have teams make offers?

His agent would be crazy to sign the 1st offer he got. Some team will get desperate and make a big offer.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure about top 5 talent but yes good but also with some issues with limited interest  so far .. and we signed 2 good lineman already on day 1 which we normally dont do.

How do you assume limited interest?

The Cowboys got multiple offers...but got more cap space by waiving him. Now, I've heard of 5 teams so far interested in him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How do you assume limited interest?

The Cowboys got multiple offers...but got more cap space by waiving him. Now, I've heard of 5 teams so far interested in him.

He was a hot commodity as most say it had multiple visits by now, alsothey releasedhimthey dumped players with cap issues also. It was also more than cap issues that they cut him
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A negative comment from Denny G

Wow !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I am not hearing a peep on one of the broncos message board about Collins coming in for a visit. Maybe I am missing it so somebody else can check it out.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A negative comment from Denny G

Wow !

Yea, Odds of that happening were about as high as Bengals getting to the SB.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 10:36 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: It's not that we should care, but Denny is a homer's homer. I can't believe he would ever say anything negative about the organization. He was such a lackey and kiss up, no matter how bad things were before, he would defend  the team and front office to the end. 

Mike Brown must have stopped inviting him to camp, never thought I would see Denny say something bad about Bengals.

Rome has fallen lol

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
U know it's bad when Denny is pissed...
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not hearing a peep on one of the broncos message board about Collins coming in for a visit. Maybe I am missing it so somebody else can check it out.

No visit that I know of, but they redid Courtland Sutton’s contract to free up some cap space. I’ve seen some Denver fans speculating it’s for Collins.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: A negative comment from Denny G

Wow !

And unfortunately he may be incorrect. There job is fiscal responsibility to keep this team competitive year in and year out rather than being caught in fire sales like you are seeing take place with the Cowboys. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:05 PM)Tony Wrote: U know it's bad when Denny is pissed...

Denny is a bag. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 02:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the front office brought in other guys it would also indicate the message that Collins is not special to them and I think it shows that they are genuinely interested in him as a person and a player that it's not business as usual.

True but it never hurts to hedge ones bet, especially when Collins is doing business as usual. 

Certain he was entertained very well from the LSU entourage in Cincinnati as well as the management too who poured out the genuine interest.

Would say if he was not low balled his agent is the one trying to squeeze more $ from wherever he can. Understand that as well. 

Hope we still land him but would be interviewing others immediately personally unless it was agreed upon that he had x-amount of days to decide.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No visit that I know of, but they redid Courtland Sutton’s contract to free up some cap space. I’ve seen some Denver fans speculating it’s for Collins.

It would seem the broncos message board would be lighted up by now since Collins left. Paul Brown stadium.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Denny is a bag. 

Of course, but who amongst us from mothership was not scolded for even the slightest critiquing of the Bengals by him ?

Even when the Bengals were horrible lol. 

Just odd to hear the biggest homer that traversed the message boards ever say anything negative about the Bengals. 

But you're correct, Denny's happy ass is the one who put the D in D-bag. 

Yet he is a Bengals fan so I don't hate him

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2022, 09:31 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Another showing of Bengals FO undervaluing OL players. It was obviously about money. Bengals wouldn’t give him the deal he wanted. He’s a top 5, at worst 10, RT in the NFL. We have prince. Who is probably somewhere along 50-60th. We’ve resigned players, yes, but we’ve only added 2 players this off-season, while losing Ogenjobi. We’re barley improved over last years team.

FA period isn’t over, but why do we always settle for the dust to settle and grab what’s left? And no, this isn’t about a failed physical. Bengals wouldn’t be still in the mix if he failed a physical. They failed closing the deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Cincinnati is rather cash poor, correct? This would explain why large, guaranteed contracts are few and far between here. I believe guaranteed money is paid out immediately into an escrow account.

This is something I always wondered about.  Are the Bengals cash poor?  I know that Mike Brown isn't some mega billionaire like some team owners.  But the NFL has revenue sharing.  According to this article revenue sharing from  2018-2019 was 274.3 million:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-2018-19-revenue

Quote:The NFL shared $8.78 billion in national revenue with its 32 teams this past season.

That number became clear on Friday when the Green Bay Packers, the league’s only public team, reported that its cut of the national revenue was $274.3 million. Each of 32 teams split that amount equally.

I have not been able to find what the revenue share was for 2020 or 2021.  It seems it is only really known based on the Packers since they are a public team and have to report revenue.   Granted there is also several million more spent on front office, overhead etc.     

So I wonder if the Bengals are cash poor?  I don't know and we may never know because the Bengals are not a public holding.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 03:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Cincinnati is rather cash poor, correct? This would explain why large, guaranteed contracts are few and far between here. I believe guaranteed money is paid out immediately into an escrow account.

You're wrong. bfine is cash poor, the Bengals are loaded. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 04:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This is something I always wondered about.  Are the Bengals cash poor?  I know that Mike Brown isn't some mega billionaire like some team owners.  But the NFL has revenue sharing.  According to this article revenue sharing from  2018-2019 was 274.3 million:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-2018-19-revenue

I have not been able to find what the revenue share was for 2020 or 2021.  It seems it is only really known based on the Packers since they are a public team and have to report revenue.   Granted there is also several million more spent on front office, overhead etc.     

So I wonder if the Bengals are cash poor?  I don't know and we may never know because the Bengals are not a public holding.

This is something I have wondered. Every other owner has an external revenue stream, but as far as we know, the Brown family does not. I would imagine most net worth estimates that say Mike Brown is a billionaire are based on including team value. I would hope the Brown family would take revenue sharing money and at least diversify their investments, but then again, maybe Mike is old school and stuffs money in his couch and mattress. 
Reply/Quote