Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collinsworth loving the Steelers
Says they have their steeler swag back on SNF vs the Seahawks lol
Reply/Quote
I know some people really like him as a commentator but he has always annoyed the hell out of me; just find him arrogant and not as intelligent as he thinks he is.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
He’s been unbearable. As per usual.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Well they just got gifted the game by an incredibly boneheaded play by Geno Smith, proving why he never amounted to anything in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well they just got gifted the game by an incredibly boneheaded play by Geno Smith, proving why he never amounted to anything in the NFL.

Any team is doomed when Geno Smith is on the field for them. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:03 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Says they have their steeler swag back on SNF vs the Seahawks lol

Collinsworth can say what he wants. Easily one of best Bengal players ever. What the heck have you ever done ? 

Collinsworth and Michaels are paid to cover NFL Games, they are not paid to root for the Bengals. Or didn't you know that about National Game Announcers ? 

Trumpy, Boomer, Collinsworth moved on to National TV Coverage, where it is frowned upon to be just a homer for your old team.  You better stick to Bengals on Radio where you can get the WLW homer announcers. 

Again, Collinsworth was a big part of Bengals Golden Decade of 1980's.  Some fans have no class, as when I heard fans boo back to back MVP Joe Morgan only 2 years after World Series Wins, or your boo of Collinsworth now.  Collinsworth and Michaels who was once a Reds announcer, would get fired if all they did was homer for Cincinnati, and You should be smart enough to know that. 

Oh, so some of you don't like Collinsworth. Well, the Networks thought enough of him to let him replace John Madden on the NFL Prime Time Game of The Week . Madden and Michaels became Collinsworth and Michaels and not on some hard to get cable station, but on NBC. So the people that run things think Collinsworth is doing a great job. He was a good announcer for WLW Sports Talk after he retired from Bengals, and he was friendly to the local callers. I called in, and it was great to talk to him as a Bengals Star and as a Man, because he was a good person and still is. You won't hear Munoz or Ken Anderson aying anything bad about Collinsworth, just some fans that don't know what the heck they are talking about.

ALSO : I am a Bengal Fan since 1968, but even I noticed how much tougher the Steelers Defense is getting with Watt back, than when Bengals played them. So I have to agree with Collinsworth that they looked more like The Steelers the last 2 games. Collinsworth is just stating the obvious as he covered the Steelers vs Seahawks game. Collinsworth as a Bengal helped beat the Steelers and was a big reason why Bengals beat the Steelers. COLLINSWORTH CAN SAY WHAT HE WANTS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Overall, I liked Cris as a player for the Bengals and as an announcer. He does go overboard on genuflecting to the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger.
Reply/Quote
Face it, the Stealers come away with a loss last night if Russell Wilson was playing. They barely beat Geno Smith. As far as Watt is concerned, I think someone in the league office needs to piss test him for roids.
Reply/Quote
I heard him saying something about how Ben was still a quarterback to be reckoned with despite what people are saying. He's been so far up Ben's ass for so long that he has no idea how to find his way out. Idk if I've ever seen a more done quarterback than 2021 Ben, at least from a future HOF perspective.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well they just got gifted the game by an incredibly boneheaded play by Geno Smith, proving why he never amounted to anything in the NFL.

I really have no idea how Geno Smith has managed such a long career in the NFL.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I respect what Collinsworth did as a player, especially as part of that magical '81 team, but I can take or leave him as an announcer. To me he slobbers all over someone each game, and I think as Bengal fans some might be more sensitive to it when it's about the Steelers. It's always a bit much, though.

It's individual taste, I guess. Most raved about Madden, but honestly, I found him annoying AF with all of that boom! pow! bs, and I wasn't a big Pat Sumnerall fan either, for that matter. Give me Dick Enberg and Merlin Olson any day.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 08:13 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I respect what Collinsworth did as a player, especially as part of that magical '81 team, but I can take or leave him as an announcer.  To me he slobbers all over someone each game, and I think as Bengal fans some might be more sensitive to it when it's about the Steelers.  It's always a bit much, though.

It's individual taste, I guess.  Most raved about Madden, but honestly, I found him annoying AF with all of that boom! pow! bs, and I wasn't a big Pat Sumnerall fan either, for that matter.  Give me Dick Enberg and Merlin Olson any day.

Shut yo mouth!

Seriously, I'm with you on the others.

Madden is about as annoying as Berman to me.

I like both Mike Tirico and Jim Nantz as announcers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 08:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Shut yo mouth!

Seriously, I'm with you on the others.

Madden is about as annoying as Berman to me.

I like both Mike Tirico and Jim Nantz as announcers.

Recently watching old '80s games on youtube and Summerall and Madden were super cringe-worthy. Just, really bad. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:55 PM)samhain Wrote: I heard him saying something about how Ben was still a quarterback to be reckoned with despite what people are saying. He's been so far up Ben's ass for so long that he has no idea how to find his way out. Idk if I've ever seen a more done quarterback than 2021 Ben, at least from a future HOF perspective.

Peyton was pretty done his last year; 9 TD’s to 17 INT’s and a 67.9 passer rating.
He could barely throw the ball down the field. Crazy how good that Denver defense was to be able to win a Super Bowl with such a limited QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Collinsworth can say what he wants. Easily one of best Bengal players ever. What the heck have you ever done ?

What a weird take.  So because he was a great Bengals player he should be immune to criticism as an announcer?  Also, what the heck have you ever done?  Just quoting you here.   Such a bad point of view in my opinion.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 04:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Peyton was pretty done his last year; 9 TD’s to 17 INT’s and a 67.9 passer rating.
He could barely throw the ball down the field. Crazy how good that Denver defense was to be able to win a Super Bowl with such a limited QB.

I know.  I hate it.  That was the year for the Bengals to make their move.
Reply/Quote
Even some sports related news outlets are asking what is wrong with Collinsworth. Not only his slobbering on Ben's jock, but his analysis was completely off on much of the game. His comment that he did not realize Russell Wilson was such an important part of the team has people saying "Say what?"
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:33 AM)kevin Wrote: What the heck have you ever done ? 

(10-19-2021, 08:31 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Also, what the heck have you ever done? 

[Image: wellwerewaiting.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote