Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts Depth Chart...
...has Margus Hunt listed as a starting DE.

Welp, looks like we won this one. On to Baltimore!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:57 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote: ...has Margus Hunt listed as a starting DE.

Welp, looks like we won this one. On to Baltimore!

He put together a decent season last year as a 3-4 end. I always thought he was a better fit there but now that they are a 4-3 I am not sure I see him doing much. 
Reply/Quote
I haven't heard much about the Colts this offseason, except about Luck, but have they improved line? In all honesty, I couldn't name 1 player outside of Luck and Hooker without looking at their roster. Not being disrespectful, just you don't hear about who's on their team.
Obviously they added Hunt lastyear and just Hewitt a couple of days ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 11:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: He put together a decent season last year as a 3-4 end. I always thought he was a better fit there but now that they are a 4-3 I am not sure I see him doing much, 

yeah he was always a 3-4 end...  It should work better for him.   but a 3-4 End eats blocks for the 3-4 OLBs
Reply/Quote
He’s basically what MJ is now. One dimensional run stopper at DE and a decent rusher when moved inside.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah he was always a 3-4 end...  It should work better for him.   but a 3-4 End eats blocks for the 3-4 OLBs

They went back to a 4-3 this year which is why they cut John Simon and why Hunt starting doesn't make a ton of sense. I will say the age of 3-4 ends simply eating blocks is over though. 3-4 ends today are still expected to generate pressure similar to a 3 technique in a 4-3 (not Geno but other 3 techniques haha).
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt vs. CO or Hart??? I think I'm taking Hunt....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I haven't heard much about the Colts this offseason, except about Luck, but have they improved line? In all honesty, I couldn't name 1 player outside of Luck and Hooker without looking at their roster. Not being disrespectful, just you don't hear about who's on their team.
Obviously they added Hunt lastyear and just Hewitt a couple of days ago.

They could be one of the worse defenses in the league ,besides Hooker who is coming off an ACL tear they don’t have much. On offense T.Y Hilton is a very good reviver and Jack Doyle is a solid TE. They have improved their offensive line by drafting Quinton Nelson the guard from Notre Dame in the 1st round and Kelly the center from Alabama in round one a few years back. If we stop the run and have William Jackson shut down Hilton we should be in good shape.
Reply/Quote
From ColtsFreaks.com...

"What else are they going to say?

This is a LOCK of the year taking Bengals + 3. They are 10x better on both lines and their def line is going to destroy us.

If you want to pay for your season tickets bet the lock. You'll at least feel a little better after the game."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like our chances

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:26 PM)lone bengal Wrote: They could be one of the worse defenses in the league ,besides Hooker who is coming off an ACL tear they don’t have much. On offense T.Y Hilton is a very good reviver and Jack Doyle is a solid TE. They have improved their offensive line by drafting  Quinton Nelson the guard from Notre Dame in the 1st round and Kelly the center from Alabama in round one a few years back. If we stop the run and have William Jackson shut down Hilton we should be in good shape.

Thank you! Nelson against Geno or Billings, should be interesting to watch! 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thank you! Nelson against Geno or Billings, should be interesting to watch! 

I'm just waiting to see Billings and Atkins destroy Pouncey.....
Reply/Quote
annnnnd their starting LT may not play Sunday now.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: annnnnd their starting LT may not play Sunday now.

Gets better by the moment.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Luck is about to have a very bad day.....
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: annnnnd their starting LT may not play Sunday now.

Good news for Lawson
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Andrew Luck is about to have a very bad day.....

Agree

Have Luck and Dalton on my fantasy team and starting Dalton even though I picked him up with very last pick in the draft. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/05/anthony-castonzo-wont-practice-on-wednesday/

He's not practicing today, as well as Marlon Mack.  Both have missed almost all of camp.
Reply/Quote
If we don't beat the Colts week one, i don't like our chances for the rest of the season. Andrew Luck hasn't played in a meaningful game in i don't know how long and the rest of their squad is arguably the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 01:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Andrew Luck is about to have a very bad day.....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pHG60dfQK4Y
Reply/Quote