Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts Record under Luck
Since Luck has been the QB of the Colts, they have a 17-2 record vs the AFC South, and a 17-18 record versus the rest of the NFL.

Luck has obviously benefited from playing in the AFC South. This team possibly doesn't even make the playoffs playing in a more competitive division.
Reply/Quote
We owe those bastids big time. They look pretty crummy this year after playing in the AFCCG last year. Go figure.

6 wins might win the AFCS.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He looked absolutely horrible most of the game last night. At one point he was 5-16 for only 40 yards and 2 ints. And the second int was not near any Colt receiver but hit a defender in the chest. The announcers were saying "He can't be this bad unless he is injured."

I turned the game off after that and apparently he caught fire and lead the Colts to 20 straigh points before losing ion overtime.
Reply/Quote
Funny part is there's a chance that the Jags could win the AFCS. Colts play Denver next, Texans play us and after the bye Jax plays the Jets who seem to be imploding..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 04:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He looked absolutely horrible most of the game last night.  At one point he was 5-16 for only 40 yards and 2 ints.  And the second int was not near any Colt receiver but hit a defender in the chest.  The announcers were saying "He can't be this bad unless he is injured."

I turned the game off after that and apparently he caught fire and lead the Colts to 20 straigh points before losing ion overtime.

I watched the entire game.  Panthers went to a soft zone with the lead and let them come back.  They fumbled at the 1 yard line, which would have put the game away and gave the Colts a pulse.   There were at least 3 other picks that were dropped.  One would have ended the comeback when Kuechly dropped it in the end zone right before they kicked the tying FG with 2 seconds left.   

If indeed he was hurt, then why was he able to play decent in the 4th quarter?  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If indeed he was hurt, then why was he able to play decent in the 4th quarter?  

The sideline analyst told them that he did not act injured at all when he came off the field.  Gruden was just trying to make an excuse for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The sideline analyst told them that he did not act injured at all when he came off the field.  Gruden was just trying to make an excuse for him.

Pretty much.  As if Luck doesn't have a history of throwing careless picks.  
Reply/Quote
You know, this thread made me curious about something, so I looked it up and added them together. The same case could be made with JJ Watt. Is he a great player regardless? Absolutely. In another division would he be considered possibly the best defensive player in the NFL? Probably not....

Career vs AFC South: 27 games, 35.0 Sacks
Career vs Everyone Else: 45 games, 30.5 Sacks

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:16 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If indeed he was hurt, then why was he able to play decent in the 4th quarter?  

the pass rush got tired and he had time to throw.

comparing luck vs AFCS and the rest of the nfl...

Hes like the opposite of dalton who seems to do much better when not playing his own division
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 01:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You know, this thread made me curious about something, so I looked it up and added them together. The same case could be made with JJ Watt. Is he a great player regardless? Absolutely. In another division would he be considered possibly the best defensive player in the NFL? Probably not....

Career vs AFC South: 27 games, 35.0 Sacks
Career vs Everyone Else: 45 games, 30.5 Sacks

Interesting.
Reply/Quote