Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts/Texans
This might be the most boring game of the year.
Reply/Quote
Not so. Mallet took himself out for a play and Hoyer came in and took his job. They keep cutting to shots of Mallet looking all butthurt and still wearing his helmet. Also, Arian Foster was kept out due to concussion protocol (not funny) but what was funny is how he starting throwing gatorade containers all over the place on the sideline when they wouldn't let him back in the game.

Entertainment is where you choose to find it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder what it would be like to play in a division w/ 3 Cleveland Browns teams? Because that's what the AFC South has been like for The Colts for a long time now. Colts lose Luck, and playing not good - yet good enough to beat lightweight division rivals like Tennessee and Houston. They'd be losing these games right now if playing anyone outside the division - like their next game.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:03 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I wonder what it would be like to play in a division w/ 3 Cleveland Browns teams?  Because that's what the AFC South has been like for The Colts for a long time now.  Colts lose Luck, and playing not good - yet good enough to beat lightweight division rivals like Tennessee and Houston.  They'd be losing these games right now if playing anyone outside the division - like their next game.

Yep, they're 3-2 now and all three wins are against division. LOL

They'll make the playoffs by default.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 11:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not so.  Mallet took himself out for a play and Hoyer came in and took his job.  They keep cutting to shots of Mallet looking all butthurt and still wearing his helmet.  Also, Arian Foster was kept out due to concussion protocol (not funny) but what was funny is how he starting throwing gatorade containers all over the place on the sideline when they wouldn't let him back in the game.

Entertainment is where you choose to find it!

The concussion protocol is a joke.  They need to get rid of that all together and let teams and players sort it out.   Each player should be able to control of they play or not.

Marvin Lewis is 100% right about this
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:03 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I wonder what it would be like to play in a division w/ 3 Cleveland Browns teams?  Because that's what the AFC South has been like for The Colts for a long time now.  Colts lose Luck, and playing not good - yet good enough to beat lightweight division rivals like Tennessee and Houston.  They'd be losing these games right now if playing anyone outside the division - like their next game.

Don't they also play the NFC South?

The Browns would win that division. They should realign the AFC. Move Baltimore to the East, Indy to North, Miami to South.

That would put the AFC south even lol. And the colts run would be over. While giving the pats some competition in the east.
Reply/Quote
Actually it turned out to be a better game than I thought.
Reply/Quote

The Colts are in first place. Switch them with any other division leader (i.e. Pats to AFCS/Colts to AFCE). What other division would they be favored in? And on the flip side, which other division leader wouldn't be favored to win the AFCS?
Reply/Quote
Just watched the 'highlights' back over here, Ryan Mallett exhibiting the classic 'face like a bulldog chewing a wasp' and the cameras seemingly continually and deliberately picking him out was probably the best bit!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:06 AM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Just watched the 'highlights' back over here, Ryan Mallett exhibiting the classic 'face like a bulldog chewing a wasp' and the cameras seemingly continually and deliberately picking him out was probably the best bit!

I loved it when they showed him after the Texans' second TD and he looked more pissed off than anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The concussion protocol is a joke.  They need to get rid of that all together and let teams and players sort it out.   Each player should be able to control of they play or not.

Marvin Lewis is 100% right about this

They didn't have concussion protocol for decades and we're seeing the glorious results of that approach with retired/dead players now.    
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:32 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, they're 3-2 now and all three wins are against division. LOL

They'll make the playoffs by default.

I wish we could play them this year...sadly we most likely won't when we win the division. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 05:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Don't they also play the NFC South?  

The Browns would win that division.   They should realign the AFC.   Move Baltimore to the East, Indy to North, Miami to South.  

That would put the AFC south even lol. And the colts run would be over.   While giving the pats some competition in the east.

In all fairness, unless Pig Ben comes back sooner than expected and/or the Steelers aren't in a big hole when he does come back I would say the AFC North is pretty much a slam-dunk for the Bengals this year, too.  Don't get me wrong, the Bengals are a top-tier team, but I don't see winning the division being anything but a lock at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They didn't have concussion protocol for decades and we're seeing the glorious results of that approach with retired/dead players now.    

Its not like many of these guys are saving their money for long lifes after the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: They didn't have concussion protocol for decades and we're seeing the glorious results of that approach with retired/dead players now.    

Players know the risks. Professional football is a voluntary job. Some will risk the health issues to change their families wealth. Which we should respect.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 12:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, unless Pig Ben comes back sooner than expected and/or the Steelers aren't in a big hole when he does come back I would say the AFC North is pretty much a slam-dunk for the Bengals this year, too.  Don't get me wrong, the Bengals are a top-tier team, but I don't see winning the division being anything but a lock at the moment.

Agreed
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 06:43 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Actually it turned out to be a better game than I thought.

Yes it did, but the colts are hard to watch and the Texans are ..... The Texans.  
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 06:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Players know the risks.  Professional football is a voluntary job.   Some will risk the health issues to change their families wealth.  Which we should respect.

I feel like we've been over this.  "Players know the risks" is illogical because

#1 your average 20-something NFL player isn't an independent neurologist
#2 the NFL has covered up the risks for years
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 01:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I feel like we've been over this.  "Players know the risks" is illogical because

#1 your average 20-something NFL player isn't an independent neurologist
#2 the NFL has covered up the risks for years

I think it's pretty well known that you could have serious issues while playing. When I played they made sure we knew about this every year.
Besides these are adults, if they want to work in a high risk enviornment then that's their choice. They are well compensated for that risk.

I know it's legitimate to try and shield these guys from head problems but for almost all of them, the risk is worth the rewards. They basically have ran a few guys out of the league because of this protocol. That's crazy, especially if the guy wants to work.

This goes back to the whether you are ok with someone making their own decisions or do you want to make them instead.
Reply/Quote
I have yet to see an instance of a player being pulled for concussion protocol where the player didn't take a serious hit to the head. I think it has been a pretty reasonably implemented.

Maybe the NFL should train independent neurologists to be refs, because I'm not sure how many helmet-to-helmet flags have been thrown on hits not even close to the receiver's head.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote