Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts cut Werner
(03-08-2016, 10:25 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd be down, never understood why a 3-4 team took him. He fits much better as a 4-3 end.

This for sure.  Doubt there is a bidding war, so he could make a lot of sense. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:23 AM)phil413 Wrote: This for sure.  Doubt there is a bidding war, so he could make a lot of sense. 

And he'd be moving just 2 hours down the road!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But the fact that Werner has ANY production is better than Hunt's

This.......

(03-10-2016, 10:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jerry Hughes was the same type player as Werner and he was also a bust in the Colts system.  Then he had 10 sacks each of his first two years with the Bills.

.....and this.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:47 PM)Burma Wrote: This is the latest news from rotoworld.  I am not sure who wrote this or how reliable they are.  It appears he could come very cheap.  I guess you would have to ask if an Estonian Margus Hunt can give your more than a German Vernon Gholston.

I am inclined to go with the line of thought that zero contribution from Hunt can't be worse than zero contribution from Werner.

(03-10-2016, 09:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But the fact that Werner has ANY production is better than Hunt's

(03-10-2016, 10:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jerry Hughes was the same type player as Werner and he was also a bust in the Colts system.  Then he had 10 sacks each of his first two years with the Bills.

Yeah bring Werner in Bengals. Fits us to a T.
Reply/Quote

And then Rex Ryan came along and ****** things up with his 3-4 defense for both Hughes and Mario Williams. 

Reply/Quote
Makes sense to bring in Werner or Coples on a prove it deal and see what we can get out of one of them. I haven't heard anything on Gilberry so unless they bring him back then they really need to go sign somebody to play Defensive End because Hunt and Clarke have proven they can't make any impact so far.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Jags cut Werner today to get down to 75 players. So he's back on the market.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000692419/article/jags-release-defensive-end-bjoern-werner
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Looks like the Jags cut Werner today to get down to 75 players. So he's back on the market.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000692419/article/jags-release-defensive-end-bjoern-werner

I always thought he fit our style of DE. I would be interested in bringing him in. Marvin does love his redemption stories. Cut Hunt and bring in this guy IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I always thought he fit our style of DE. I would be interested in bringing him in. Marvin does love his redemption stories. Cut Hunt and bring in this guy IMO.

Mine too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If either Werner or Kruger aren't on this team instead of Hunt, then someone in the front office is being criminally negligent. Both significant upgrades over Hunt, and I really really REALLY don't want the Bengals being one injury away from Hunt being the starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If either Werner or Kruger aren't on this team instead of Hunt, then someone in the front office is being criminally negligent. Both significant upgrades over Hunt, and I really really REALLY don't want the Bengals being one injury away from Hunt being the starter.

This.  I would add that I don't even want to see Hunt as part of a rotation.  The guy has been given plenty of chances and just does not get it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 02:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If either Werner or Kruger aren't on this team instead of Hunt, then someone in the front office is being criminally negligent. Both significant upgrades over Hunt, and I really really REALLY don't want the Bengals being one injury away from Hunt being the starter.

My dream scenario is Werner or Kruger replaces Hunt, Knighton replaces Sims, and a vet WR is brought in to knock off Wright.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote