Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colts fans, you have my sympathies
Y'all almost had a good one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758108-josh-mcdaniels-spurning-colts-to-stick-with-patriots-causes-twitter-explosion

Quote:Josh McDaniels isn't heading to the Indianapolis Colts after all.
Hours after the Colts announced they had pegged the New England Patriots offensive coordinator as their new head coach, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported McDaniels chose to renege on his agreement with the Colts and will instead remain the reigning AFC Champions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, if I'm an owner in years to come, do I ever pursue this clown? May have been more bridges burned than he realized.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, if I'm an owner in years to come, do I ever pursue this clown? May have been more bridges burned than he realized.

Weird...a guy associated with the Patriots being an underhanded dbag.

That almost never happens.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My first thought is that he sucked in Denver, so Indy just got lucky.

My second thought was maybe there's truth to the rumors on New England about tension between Kraft, Brady, and Belichick and someone got in McDaniels ear before he left that a certain someone might be "retiring" soon leaving a juicy head coaching job vacant? 

Think about it....it's the perfect conspiracy theory. There's a power struggle up there and maybe BB is the odd man out? The benching of Butler and SB loss is the final straw. Kraft gets a 'yes' man and Brady gets a guy he likes, is familiar with, and can push around and bring his quack personal trainer back in. Think about it. 

I guarantee you that that rumor will be FLYING around the web tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Y'all almost had a good one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758108-josh-mcdaniels-spurning-colts-to-stick-with-patriots-causes-twitter-explosion

I'm actually unsure about how I feel about this one. On the one hand, everyone seems to make it seem like Josh McDaniels is somehow "the one that got away". On the other hand, rFaulk pointed out that Patriots coaches (outside of Belicheck) do not necessarily make good Head Coaches.

So, I don't know. Most of the Colts fanbase that I've spoken too just sort of just shrug and say "oh well, we'll get another coach". So, other than the twitter world, realistically, no one seems to give a hoot.

Personally, I would love to get a coach that's QB-centric. Someone who can get Luck motivated again AND is aggressive with the offense - kind of like Bruce Arians. So someone like that would be good.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: My first thought is that he sucked in Denver, so Indy just got lucky.

My second thought was maybe there's truth to the rumors on New England about tension between Kraft, Brady, and Belichick and someone got in McDaniels ear before he left that a certain someone might be "retiring" soon leaving a juicy head coaching job vacant? 

Think about it....it's the perfect conspiracy theory. There's a power struggle up there and maybe BB is the odd man out? The benching of Butler and SB loss is the final straw. Kraft gets a 'yes' man and Brady gets a guy he likes, is familiar with, and can push around and bring his quack personal trainer back in. Think about it. 

One thing that might bolster all of this is BB is 65.

That's up there for an NFL head coach.

In fact:

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/how-old-is-bill-belichick-age-birthday-oldest-head-coaches-super-bowl-history/

Quote:Super Bowl Head Coaches By Age

Note: We’ve added this year’s conference championship head coaches, along with the age they would be on the date of Super Bowl 51. They are in bold
Marv Levy, Super Bowl 28 (L): 68 years, 5 months, 28 days

Marv Levy, Super Bowl 27 (L): 67 years, 5 months, 29 days
Marv Levy, Super Bowl 26 (L): 66 years, 5 months, 24 days
Marv Levy, Super Bowl 25 (L): 66 years, 5 months, 25 days
Tom Coughlin, Super Bowl 46 (W): 65 years, 5 months, 6 days

Bill Belichick, Super Bowl 51: 64 years, 9 months, 21 days
Pete Carroll, Super Bowl 49 (L): 63 years, 4 months, 18 days
Dick Vermeil, Super Bowl 34 (W): 63 years, 3 months, 1 day
Bill Belichick, Super Bowl 49 (W): 62 years, 9 months, 17 days

Pete Carroll, Super Bowl 48 (W): 62 years, 4 months, 19 days
Weeb Ewbank, Super Bowl 3 (W): 61 years, 8 months, 7 days
Tom Coughlin, Super Bowl 42 (W): 61 years, 5 months, 4 days

Published before he won SB51.  So he's second oldest ever to win.

And he's the second oldest current NFL head coach.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/nfl_coaches_by_age_sean_mcdermott_among_youngest_pete_carroll_is_oldest.html

And not many go on that long after 65.

https://www.oldest.org/sports/coaches-in-nfl/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It really points to 2018 being the last year for Brady and Belichick in New England, with McDaniels being given a guarantee he is the sucessor.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:01 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I'm actually unsure about how I feel about this one. On the one hand, everyone seems to make it seem like Josh McDaniels is somehow "the one that got away". On the other hand, rFaulk pointed out that Patriots coaches (outside of Belicheck) do not necessarily make good Head Coaches.

So, I don't know. Most of the Colts fanbase that I've spoken too just sort of just shrug and say "oh well, we'll get another coach". So, other than the twitter world, realistically, no one seems to give a hoot.

Personally, I would love to get a coach that's QB-centric. Someone who can get Luck motivated again AND is aggressive with the offense - kind of like Bruce Arians. So someone like that would be good.

I'm glad that you and some of your fellow fans are taking it well.  I think that it was quite unprofessional of McDaniels to agree to terms with one team, and then back out at the last moment.

Good luck to your team in finding a quality coach that you can rely on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can get mcdouche staying with the patsies but if he wasn’t all in with the colts he shouldn’t have accepted the job. And the colts shouldn’t have had to persuade him so much. I want a coach that wants be part of my organization. If he was so wishy washy they should have been prepared this move on.

I hope joshy flops miserably again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 11:32 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I can get mcdouche staying with the patsies but if he wasn’t all in with the colts he shouldn’t have accepted the job.  And the colts shouldn’t have had to persuade him so much.  I want a coach that wants be part of my organization.  If he was so wishy washy they should have been prepared this move on.

I hope josh "flip" flops miserably again

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dick move. I hope he gets the Pats head coach job the the year Brady retires.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Dick move. I hope he gets the Pats head coach job the the year Brady retires.

I hope the colts beat him in the playoffs. Then we beat the colts

Reply/Quote
Wow.....seems like Colts FO is almost as dysfunctional as ours.....almost. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:09 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Wow.....seems like Colts FO is almost as dysfunctional as ours.....almost. Mellow

Not even close. Or they’d be looking at 20 more years of pagano, minimum

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Not even close.  Or they’d be looking at 20 more years of pagano, minimum

Yes, but.....smack forum. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well, McDaniels just screwed the other coaches that agreed to sign on with him in Indy, only to now be out of a job...
Reply/Quote
I think this just all proves that McDaniels is still the same whiney ass, little B***h of a coach still.  I don't even like the Colts, but I still feel bad for them for what this little prick did.  I sure do hope he falls flat on his face up there in new England. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: My first thought is that he sucked in Denver, so Indy just got lucky.

I don't think it's a conspiracy theory so much. If you were BB, with all the hardware he has, are you going to stick around when TB12 retires?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 02:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I think this just all proves that McDaniels is still the same whiney ass, little B***h of a coach still.  I don't even like the Colts, but I still feel bad for them for what this little prick did.  I sure do hope he falls flat on his face up there in new England. 

If anyone watched the recent 30 for 30 about Parcells and Belichick, you'd know that McD learned from the best with what BB did to the Jets.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So, if I'm an owner in years to come, do I ever pursue this clown? May have been more bridges burned than he realized.

hey dog, according to nfl channel, Kraft, Brady, Belichick all sat down with him and worked a deal to stay. I believe Belichick will get another DC but I think Josh is very good as OC. I think 1 more push to a 6th SB win is the direction. Patricias D blew chunks as did the eagles but I do blame that on Belichick by keeping butler on the bench! If the patriots win another SB with Mcdaniels as OC, the colts job will be forgotten! Just my take!

Reply/Quote