Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colts fans, you have my sympathies
(02-06-2018, 10:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Y'all almost had a good one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758108-josh-mcdaniels-spurning-colts-to-stick-with-patriots-causes-twitter-explosion

This thing gave me flashbacks to Donte Whitner agreeing to terms with Cincinnati then changing his mind last-minute to become a 49er.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This thing gave me flashbacks to Donte Whitner agreeing to terms with Cincinnati then changing his mind last-minute to become a 49er.

Yep, I believe that I alluded to that, in another thread on this topic.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 03:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If anyone watched the recent 30 for 30 about Parcells and Belichick, you'd know that McD learned from the best with what BB did to the Jets.

Indeed......good show, BTW.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 09:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm glad that you and some of your fellow fans are taking it well.  I think that it was quite unprofessional of McDaniels to agree to terms with one team, and then back out at the last moment.

Good luck to your team in finding a quality coach that you can rely on.

Part of the reason we're not that heartbroken about Josh McD is that outside of his performance as an OC for the Pats (and we don't know if a majority of that is BB's planning) he really hasn't shown that he can be a good head coach. So, we don't really know if we "lost" anything. Like I said previously, we could have dodged a bullet instead.

Now, having said that, I agree with you that it was a dick move. And it wasn't like the Colts weren't actively pursuing him AND the coaches he was going to hire! What happens to those guys? Don't THEY have families to feed as well? Josh McD apparently didn't think that far. Screw him! Now the Colts fanbase will have yet another reason to want to pound the Pats.

I'm not sure what head coach will rise out of the ashes. But I'm hoping for one that realizes the value of Luck and builds and offense that can really support Luck.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 11:32 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I can get mcdouche staying with the patsies but if he wasn’t all in with the colts he shouldn’t have accepted the job.  And the colts shouldn’t have had to persuade him so much.  I want a coach that wants be part of my organization.  If he was so wishy washy they should have been prepared this move on.

I hope joshy flops miserably again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree he shouldn't have accepted the job. But I think he used the Colts to get what he wanted with the Pats. There was something inside me that thought that he really didn't want to leave the Pats. So, I was kind of ready for the betrayal.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:11 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope the colts beat him in the playoffs.  Then we beat the colts

Lol! You mean... in the AFC Championship game, right? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wow.....seems like Colts FO is almost as dysfunctional as ours.....almost. Mellow

Yeah, MAYBE, but the Colts "did" fire Pagano. Something the fanbase has been wishing for since the end of 2016 when he screwed up Luck's arm by playing him when he was hurt. Why Irsay dragged us through 2017 with Pagano is anyone's guess. But I'm glad he's gone. Are you guys glad that Marvin got an extension?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, McDaniels just screwed the other coaches that agreed to sign on with him in Indy, only to now be out of a job...

Believe me, the Colts fanbase noticed this. There's a lot of comment about this... about how selfish it was for McD to lead the Colts on as well the coaches that already signed up. Those coaches have families to feed too! Very selfish of McD to pull this. What a douche!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 09:06 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah, MAYBE, but the Colts "did" fire Pagano. Something the fanbase has been wishing for since the end of 2016 when he screwed up Luck's arm by playing him when he was hurt. Why Irsay dragged us through 2017 with Pagano is anyone's guess. But I'm glad he's gone. Are you guys glad that Marvin got an extension?

Thanks a lot there, "Mr. rhetorical question".   LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 08:58 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Part of the reason we're not that heartbroken about Josh McD is that outside of his performance as an OC for the Pats (and we don't know if a majority of that is BB's planning) he really hasn't shown that he can be a good head coach. So, we don't really know if we "lost" anything. Like I said previously, we could have dodged a bullet instead.

Now, having said that, I agree with you that it was a dick move. And it wasn't like the Colts weren't actively pursuing him AND the coaches he was going to hire! What happens to those guys? Don't THEY have families to feed as well? Josh McD apparently didn't think that far. Screw him! Now the Colts fanbase will have yet another reason to want to pound the Pats.

I'm not sure what head coach will rise out of the ashes. But I'm hoping for one that realizes the value of Luck and builds and offense that can really support Luck.

I think the worst part of was getting coaches lined up, hashing out contracts and then not even telling them he reneged. One of the coaches heard it on the news and as of 10:15 that night still hadn’t heard from him

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 10:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think the worst part of was getting coaches lined up, hashing out contracts and then not even telling them he reneged.  One of the coaches heard it on the news and as of 10:15 that night still hadn’t heard from him

Funny you should mention that. That's actually being discussed on several threads on the Colts board. What a SUPER DOUCHE move! Can't believe that Josh McD is capable of such a move. I'm wondering... WHERE did he learn all this? From BB? I don't even think BB would do something like this. But who knows, right?

I guess Josh McD isn't planning on getting hired by anyone else in the NFL but the Pats, right? I'm sure the entire NFL is shaking their collective heads about this. NO ONE wants something like this to happen to them!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 12:03 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Funny you should mention that. That's actually being discussed on several threads on the Colts board. What a SUPER DOUCHE move! Can't believe that Josh McD is capable of such a move. I'm wondering... WHERE did he learn all this? From BB? I don't even think BB would do something like this. But who knows, right?

I guess Josh McD isn't planning on getting hired by anyone else in the NFL but the Pats, right? I'm sure the entire NFL is shaking their collective heads about this. NO ONE wants something like this to happen to them!

Eh, I don't think so. The NFL has a very short memory. Belichik did something very similar to the Jets, and now would be one of the most fought over coaches in history if he ever decides he's had enough of N.E.

So no, this move will not adversely affect McDaniels future at all.

The way I heard it was that McDaniels was going to be taking the special teams coach and at least 2 other assistants with him. ...which Kraft and BB weren't initially aware of. The reality of losing both coordinators and a few more key coaches all at once was way too much upheaval for that franchise...especially with most of their key players tied up for at least another couple of years. Plus the optics of all of them jumping ship after a SB loss is contradictory to the NE / Kraft  image......especially since they would be going to the Colts.  Because of deflategate, which was initiated by Indy, Kraft has a real hard on for that organization.

I don't know what Beli-kraft promised McDaniels, but I would think it would have to have been substantial for him to put his head coaching aspirations on hold for a while.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: One thing that might bolster all of this is BB is 65.

That's up there for an NFL head coach.

In fact:

https://heavy.com/sports/2017/01/how-old-is-bill-belichick-age-birthday-oldest-head-coaches-super-bowl-history/

Published before he won SB51.  So he's second oldest ever to win.

And he's the second oldest current NFL head coach.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/nfl_coaches_by_age_sean_mcdermott_among_youngest_pete_carroll_is_oldest.html

And not many go on that long after 65.

https://www.oldest.org/sports/coaches-in-nfl/

Marv Levy, Super Bowl 26 (L): 66 years, 5 months, 24 days

Marv Levy, Super Bowl 25 (L): 66 years, 5 months, 25 days

Someone found the fountain of youth.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 09:06 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah, MAYBE, but the Colts "did" fire Pagano. Something the fanbase has been wishing for since the end of 2016 when he screwed up Luck's arm by playing him when he was hurt. Why Irsay dragged us through 2017 with Pagano is anyone's guess. But I'm glad he's gone. Are you guys glad that Marvin got an extension?

As concession for your loss of McD, we'll give you Merv.  For nothing. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 09:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: As concession for your loss of McD, we'll give you Merv.  For nothing. Mellow

I'll even throw in Mike Brown to sweeten the pot..... 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 01:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'll even throw in Mike Brown to sweeten the pot..... 

Now THAT's a disturbing thought... a Jim Irsay/Mike Brown hybrid. A drug addicted cheapskate. Hmmmnnnn... Hmm
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 09:36 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Now THAT's a disturbing thought... a Jim Irsay/Mike Brown hybrid. A drug addicted cheapskate. Hmmmnnnn... Hmm

.....but you gotta take Merv with him.....

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 09:50 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....but you gotta take Merv with him.....

Noooooo!!!!! Shocked
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 09:53 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Noooooo!!!!! Shocked

You get Marv, Mike and Pumpkin.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 02:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You get Marv, Mike and Pumpkin.

Then that leaves us with Paul.  Trust me, you don't want that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote