Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A race the Bengals can win?
Gonna be tough to beat the Jets/Jags, but perhaps we can guarantee ourselves a top 3 pick (and Chase or Sewell). Anyway, here are the 10 NFL teams with one win or fewer, and their schedule heading into our bye week (Week 9).

1. Jets 0-5. At Mia, Buff, at KC, NE.
2. Jags 1-5. At LAC, Bye, Hou.
3. Washington. 1-5. Dal, Bye, NYG.
4. NYG 1-5. At Phi, TB, at Wash.
5. Minny 1-5. Bye, at GB, Det.
6. Hou 1-5. GB, Bye, at Jax.
7. Atlanta 1-5. Det, at Car, Den.
8. LAC 1-4. Jax, at Den, LV.
9. Philly 1-4-1. NYG, Dal, Bye.
10. Bengals 1-4-1. Cle, Tenn, Bye (11/8).

I know we are behind now, but after 2 more losses, I think we will move up some.
Reply/Quote
Whew there are some bad teams this year. Top 10 pick has to be Oline or pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
I expect the Texans, Falcons, and Chargers to win some more games.

That still leaves 6 teams the Bengals have to out-suck and I 100% expect the Bengals to dead cat bounce at the end of the season. Keep in mind the Ravens Week 17 might be against RG3 depending on if the Ravens have anything to play for.

Also going to be hard to lose to DC and the Giants. I don't know if 3-12-1 gets you a Top-3 pick this year like it did last. 4-11-1 almost certainly will not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Whew there are some bad teams this year. Top 10 pick has to be Oline or pass rusher.

Yep. Parity my ass. KC, BAL, SEA, GB, PIT, TEN, look like they’re on another level compared to everyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I expect the Texans, Falcons, and Chargers to win some more games.

That still leaves 6 teams the Bengals have to out-suck and I 100% expect the Bengals to dead cat bounce at the end of the season. Keep in mind the Ravens Week 17 might be against RG3 depending on if the Ravens have anything to play for.

Also going to be hard to lose to DC and the Giants. I don't know if 3-12-1 gets you a Top-3 pick this year like it did last. 4-11-1 almost certainly will not.

Idk that Washington pass rush might give us fits.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I expect the Texans, Falcons, and Chargers to win some more games.

Never, ever lose faith in the Bungles ability to Bungle.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Whew there are some bad teams this year. Top 10 pick has to be Oline or pass rusher.

Outside of Gregory Rousseau the edge defenders fall off... Quincy Roche is projected 20 to 35 and Jayson Oweh is 27ish to 50. Jayson Oweh has a chance to improve his stock because he is all guess and zero snaps right now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Outside of Gregory Rousseau the edge defenders fall off... Quincy Roche is projected 20 to 35 and Jayson Oweh is 27ish to 50. Jayson Oweh has a chance to improve his stock because he is all guess and zero snaps right now.

Could use interior rush too, but I do t see any top 10 of those. Wilson is borderline.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:22 PM)Synric Wrote: Outside of Gregory Rousseau the edge defenders fall off... Quincy Roche is projected 20 to 35 and Jayson Oweh is 27ish to 50. Jayson Oweh has a chance to improve his stock because he is all guess and zero snaps right now.

Carlos Basham Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Because the Bengals do so well with first round picks. Better off having a position that someone trades a bunch of picks far. No first rounder turns this team around. So many holes to fill. We need a team who is ( or thinks they are ) one great player away for success.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Gonna be tough to beat the Jets/Jags, but perhaps we can guarantee ourselves a top 3 pick (and Chase or Sewell). Anyway, here are the 10 NFL teams with one win or fewer, and their schedule heading into our bye week (Week 9).

I know we are behind now, but after 2 more losses, I think we will move up some.

The bottom third of the league is certainly pathetic. The Bengals are 1-1-1 against the bottom third, which confirms they are average against the worst of the worst, which makes them one of the worst of the worst.

Fortunately, the Bengals have 2 more games against the bottom third (Giants and the Not-Indians). Neither of those games is a lock for the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:27 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Carlos Basham Wink

Carl B. is having a year sack in every game and better against the run every week. He plays a JJ Watt role Strong Edge and slides inside to rush the passer. I still think hes a 25 to 40 draft pick though because he's not a true Edge or IDL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Randy has made all extra points and has great overall stats. But hear me out. We have played 6 games and 2 games we had a great chance to win, Randy missed kicks. Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner. His history has been very mediocre in clutch situations, horrible in 2020 and average prior years.

Tough loss today, but overall the OL was better today. Burrow played well, should have had 2 picks today as LB dropped an easy one, but Mixon should have caught the pass in the endzone. We got the TD. but Joe did not as we ran it in.

I am critical of Joe at times, but in time these losses become wins as we build around him. Also great to see AJ back today and Higgins gets better every game.

(10-18-2020, 06:32 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Bollock is a certified choker....always can count on him missing when the game is on the line and I stlll believe he faked the cramps after that Charger miss

(10-18-2020, 07:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Carl B. is having a year sack in every game and better against the run every week. He plays a JJ Watt role Strong Edge and slides inside to rush the passer. I still think hes a 25 to 40 draft pick though because he's not a true Edge or IDL.

He's looking good, but yes, after I mentioned him a month ago, took a closer look at things and indeed, looks like he's a low 1st, high 2nd.

Still, would be nice if we could snag him; have a feeling he could lock down the left side/rotational DT role for a long time.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Gonna be tough to beat the Jets/Jags, but perhaps we can guarantee ourselves a top 3 pick (and Chase or Sewell). Anyway, here are the 10 NFL teams with one win or fewer, and their schedule heading into our bye week (Week 9).

I think the Jets would shoot their own player if someone was going to cross the goal line for a game-winning score.  Saw Flacco's line was 1-5 for 1 yard early on.  Hilarious.  They will get Lawrence.  

At this point, though, I am waving the white flag.  I don't just want a high draft pick, I want new coaches.  The defense sucked ass after a very solid game against Baltimore, proving that no Bengal team can have a complete game where all three phases show up at the same time.  Give Darrin Simmons HC and get a young, innovative OC.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think the Jets would shoot their own player if someone was going to cross the goal line for a game-winning score.  Saw Flacco's line was 1-5 for 1 yard early on.  Hilarious.  They will get Lawrence.  

At this point, though, I am waving the white flag.  I don't just want a high draft pick, I want new coaches.  The defense sucked ass after a very solid game against Baltimore, proving that no Bengal team can have a complete game where all three phases show up at the same time.  Give Darrin Simmons HC and get a young, innovative OC.  

I want to see Simmons this year. Give him at least 8 games, see what happens, if they looked way better coached, go with him and some new good coordinators. If they still all Look lost, go with a new coach. 
Reply/Quote