Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts have several positive COVID tests
(10-16-2020, 10:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And for quite a good amount of states, cases are actually going up again.

Yes, cases going up, but great news is deaths rates are going way down. The treatment seems to be working much better than months ago, we do have the best nurses and doctors in the world. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I understand caution, but the NFL has set themselves up for major issues and decisions now on game days. They just changed the rule that all players will be tested now on game day. My question becomes, if one player tests positive, it would be impossible to do all the contact tracing needed to clear every coach, player and staff.

I hope no one ever tests positive on game day, but great chance they will and if it happens and they use the existing protocols, I don't see any scenario the game can be played that day if scheduled.

2020 is going to have a ton of twists and turns to follow and likely a week 18 will be needed to sort it all out, maybe a week 19.

Yep. They've already cancelled the Pro Bowl and they've reserved Raymond James stadium for the entire month of February. If needed, they can use those extra weeks at the end of the year for makeup games. 

Of course, that extends the Super Bowl and it would be more like a college situation where a team plays their last game and then goes several weeks before a bowl/playoff game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. They've already cancelled the Pro Bowl and they've reserved Raymond James stadium for the entire month of February. If needed, they can use those extra weeks at the end of the year for makeup games. 

Of course, that extends the Super Bowl and it would be more like a college situation where a team plays their last game and then goes several weeks before a bowl/playoff game. 

I could see them doing a bubble for the playoff teams, as it would be much more feasible than the entire league and they would only be doing it for a little over a month of so compared to however long the NBA did it. 
Reply/Quote
At least as of right now, as i'm typing this, I haven't seen any confirmation that it was colts players who tested positive. Meaning it could've been anybody who regularly enters the building. If they do the tests and no players or coaches are positive, we could still play Sunday.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, cases going up, but great news is deaths rates are going way down. The treatment seems to be working much better than months ago, we do have the best nurses and doctors in the world. 

Having the best doctors and the best healthcare system are two different things.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 11:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, cases going up, but great news is deaths rates are going way down. The treatment seems to be working much better than months ago, we do have the best nurses and doctors in the world. 

Indeed; the whole world is:

- better equipped to deal with the virus
- better prepared in terms of timing
- most-importantly, the entire world now has the KNOWLEDGE on how to combat this.

As to your bold.. um, no you don't. I would put about 5-10 countries above the 'states.

But that's a discussion for another time and board Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
All false positives! Game on!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: All false positives! Game on!

Yep:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colts-preparing-for-bengals-after-4-false-positive-tests/ar-BB1a6wTE?li=BBnb7Kz
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
1st page in this thread= Sad

2nd page in this thread= Garfield
Reply/Quote
From my understanding there is someone leeway on when the super bowl is played this year. This gives the NFL some leeway on adding a 2nd or 3rd bye week should it be necessary to move games around and keep a full 16 game season.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: All false positives! Game on!

Good to hear

But, the average person who gets tested positive never gets a second test. It is reported as a Covid Case. How accurate is the number of actual positive tests? It seems daily we see a lot of retested in the athletic world 24 hours later come back negative.  Do they did then change the reporting to the original test being false and remove as ever being positive? Point being I want 100% accuracy and it appears we are not close.

How many people tested positive and then were quarantined and never had Cov-19 at all, just a bad test?

I see no one discuss the accuracy of the testing and the recording of the false negatives.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Let's keep our fingers crossed:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/10/16/colts-close-facility-on-friday-after-several-positive-covid-19-tests/24652856/
Reply/Quote
this is old, they were false positive
Reply/Quote
I heard on the radio at 2pm that the positive test results were false positives and that the Colts's facility was back open today...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Guess I need a more current news service!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:57 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Guess I need a more current news service!

Looks like Cowboy Curtis gave you some bad info. 
Reply/Quote
And away to mergeland we go!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Big Grin 
(10-16-2020, 07:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Looks like Cowboy Curtis gave you some bad info. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 01:38 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Game on!

Obligatory:

Reply/Quote