Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts have several positive COVID tests
(10-16-2020, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good to hear

But, the average person who gets tested positive never gets a second test.

Not true.  I've discussed retesting to check for a false positive with many patients.

Quote:It is reported as a Covid Case. How accurate is the number of actual positive tests? It seems daily we see a lot of retested in the athletic world 24 hours later come back negative.  Do they did then change the reporting to the original test being false and remove as ever being positive? Point being I want 100% accuracy and it appears we are not close.

I'm not aware of a single lab test with 100% specificity and sensitivity.

https://www.nfl.com/news/eight-positive-cases-in-latest-covid-19-testing-data-from-nfl-nflpa

The NFL performs over 40,000 Covid tests each week.  What's the highest number of false positives you've heard about?  Seventy-seven? Seventy-seven out of 40K tests equals a false positive rate of 0.2% which means it has a specificity of 98.8%.  You're bellyaching over a 98.8% accuracy rate. That's ridiculous.

Quote:How many people tested positive and then were quarantined and never had Cov-19 at all, just a bad test?

I see no one discuss the accuracy of the testing and the recording of the false negatives.

Really?  Haven't seen anyone discuss the accuracy of testing?

(08-24-2020, 11:28 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: We know about the accuracy issue. It’s an issue with every test including flu tests, strep tests, xrays, and MRIs. It’s more of an issue with Covid testing because these tests are being used with an FDA EUA so manufacturers don’t have to submit validation data to inform us how accurate/inaccurate they are.

And if you have one positive result and one negative result, you’re probably gonna do a third “tie breaker,” right? And the odds of three consecutive tests returning falsely negative or falsely positive are greater than a single test and that reduces the chances someone with Covid will join the team when they shouldn’t. Or be placed on the exempt Covid list when they really aren’t infected. That’s the point of consecutive testing.

Plus page after page of a google search results for Covid 19 testing accuracy . . .

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=ZA-LX6nbEoSL5wLfkaz4Bg&q=covid+19+testing+accuracy&oq=covid+19+testing+accuracy&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCAAQyQMyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB46BQgAELEDOgsILhCxAxDHARCjAjoICAAQsQMQgwE6BQguEJMCOggILhCxAxCDAToLCAAQsQMQgwEQyQM6BQgAEJIDOggILhDHARCvAToFCC4QsQM6CAgAELEDEMkDOggILhDHARCjAlDMClipQ2DQRmgBcAB4AIABV4gB7QuSAQIyNpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwipnfGc-rvsAhWExVkKHd8IC28Q4dUDCAw&uact=5#spf=1602948973870
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good to hear

But, the average person who gets tested positive never gets a second test. It is reported as a Covid Case. How accurate is the number of actual positive tests? It seems daily we see a lot of retested in the athletic world 24 hours later come back negative.  Do they did then change the reporting to the original test being false and remove as ever being positive? Point being I want 100% accuracy and it appears we are not close.

How many people tested positive and then were quarantined and never had Cov-19 at all, just a bad test?

I see no one discuss the accuracy of the testing and the recording of the false negatives.
MS bfine got tested a while back and was positive (no symptoms), so obviously I went to get tested so I could tell folks at work if I was positive. While there my wife got retested. We both came back negative. Although her first test was a false positive I'm fairly certain they still counted it in the numbers.

WTS, do not take this lightly.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: While there my wife got retested. We both came back negative. Although her first test was a false positive I'm fairly certain they still counted it in the numbers.

Does anything substantiate this or is it just how you feel?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: MS bfine got tested a while back and was positive (no symptoms), so obviously I went to get tested so I could tell folks at work if I was positive. While there my wife got retested. We both came back negative. Although her first test was a false positive I'm fairly certain they still counted it in the numbers.

WTS, do not take this lightly.  

Here’s the problem with this: the first test could be a false positive and the second test could be a false negative. You need at least 3 tests to determine which result is the false result.

If your wife had a positive followed by two negatives the first test was falsely positive. If she had a positive, then a negative, then another positive the negative result was falsely negative.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Here’s the problem with this: the first test could be a false positive and the second test could be a false negative. You need at least 3 tests to determine which result is the false result.

If your wife had a positive followed by two negatives the first test was falsely positive. If she had a positive, then a negative, then another positive  the negative result was falsely negative.

So you should take a test you didn't trust the first two times a third time to settle matters.  
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 03:55 PM)treee Wrote: Does anything substantiate this or is it just how you feel?

IDK if it's how I "feel"; it's just an assumption. I'd assume medical facilities report positive tests. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:43 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: So you should take a test you didn't trust the first two times a third time to settle matters.  

Or you could do it four times like Coach Saban did according to the SEC protocol with three negatives to prove the one positive was false.

TLDR, yes.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 08:36 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Or you could do it four times like Coach Saban did according to the SEC protocol with three negatives to prove the one positive was false.

TLDR, yes.

Thanks Doc LMAO!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 09:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Doc LMAO!!!

What’s so funny?
Reply/Quote
After watching what Saban was allowed to get away with in this Georgia game, I am literally sick to my stomach.
At one point he pulled his mask down to spit and cuss in the zebras face. Second quarter, go look it up!

Immediately afterwards every penalty went Bama's way. He should have been tossed and suspended for the SEASON!
I will never forget or forgive this SEC officiating hypocrisy. I am disgusted and dismayed. The last clip shown on TV as the game coverage was fading showed his sorry cheating ass with his mask pulled down to his Adams apple.

I have always respected his coaching ability. Ts, this week and the game has changed my entire outlook on him. He shouldn't be coaching for the rest of the season. Period!!!!!

The only mfr on the planet to beat Covid 19 in four days. It's a miracle from God! Eye role and BIG middle finger.

As for the Colts, their coach's will out coach ours. That will be the the difference in this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2020, 04:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Here’s the problem with this: the first test could be a false positive and the second test could be a false negative. You need at least 3 tests to determine which result is the false result.

If your wife had a positive followed by two negatives the first test was falsely positive. If she had a positive, then a negative, then another positive  the negative result was falsely negative.

I know 15 people who had minor or no symptoms that tested positive. Not 1 of them, took a second test the next day or ever. They were given no meds and had to quarantine for 10 to 14 days depending on the state they lived.

My point earlier was we will never know if those 15 people had an accurate test because they never got a second test within 48 hours for accuracy. Thus my comment, NORMAL people do not get retested that do not have severe symptoms in most cases. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 11:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know 15 people who had minor or no symptoms that tested positive. Not 1 of them, took a second test the next day or ever. They were given no meds and had to quarantine for 10 to 14 days depending on the state they lived.

My point earlier was we will never know if those 15 people had an accurate test because they never got a second test within 48 hours for accuracy. Thus my comment, NORMAL people do not get retested that do not have severe symptoms in most cases. 

Why are you calling bfine’s wife ABNORMAL?
Reply/Quote
A bunch of positive tests yet when all is said and done the only people who actually end up sick after the game is the Bengals fans.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote