Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colts have several positive COVID tests
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30124882/indianapolis-colts-announce-several-positive-covid-19-tests

Guessing our Sunday loss may be in jeopardy.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30124882/indianapolis-colts-announce-several-positive-covid-19-tests

Guessing our Sunday loss may be in jeopardy.

GTFOOH....
Reply/Quote
Jay Morrison said it is a fairly easy schedule fix if the game is cancelled. Move this game to next week. Then play CLE-CIN on Nov 8 when both teams have their bye scheduled

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:34 AM)pally Wrote: Jay Morrison said it is a fairly easy schedule fix if the game is cancelled. Move this game to next week. Then play CLE-CIN on Nov 8 when both teams have their bye scheduled

Or colts forfeit and we win!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Moving the game would suck. We really need to get the taste of that curbstomping from Baltimore out of our mouths ASAP.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Or colts forfeit and we win!!!

They said on NFL radio a few days ago, that in the last meeting they had with the owners, the NFL said if a team came up with positive cases, and it could be shown that players or personnel did not follow protocols exactly, that is exactly what they were facing, automatic forfeit. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 08:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Or colts forfeit and we win!!!

I wonder if at some point this will have to happen....You can't push games more than once and you sure as hell can't do winning % in the NFL with 1 games. 

Not how I want to win, especially if we aren't winning any other way.  Just hurts the draft position.  
Reply/Quote
PFT.com:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/colts-we-have-closed-facility-after-multiple-positive-covid-19-tests/

Sounds like today's re-tests will determine if they play or not. I really need to watch a win right now. The crap I saw last week is still making me sick.
Reply/Quote
Of course it'd be the 1 game out of the next 4 that they actually had a bit of a chance to win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
COVID cases should be treated as normal injuries. Don’t dress the player and bring someone in from the bench or practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:11 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Of course it'd be the 1 game out of the next 4 that they actually had a bit of a chance to win.

ZT could improve his win total by a significant percent just by Indy players getting sick. 
Reply/Quote
Wonder how that IR rule works. If our bye gets moved to this week it doesn't count as a week on IR for a guy like Hubbard? They were just talking about how the 3 week window would have Hubbard available for shitsburg
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:39 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wonder how that IR rule works. If our bye gets moved to this week it doesn't count as a week on IR for a guy like Hubbard? They were just talking about how the 3 week window would have Hubbard available for shitsburg

Weeks =/= Games

There's 17 Weeks in the regular season. Just because you have a Bye doesn't mean that Week didn't happen.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
this is worse than a strike year.
Reply/Quote
Even if Colts players are positive. They need 2 to 3 consecutive days of new positives before they cancel. we may get a Tuesday night game.
Reply/Quote
This should shock no one. It's unfortunate, and sucks to not see the Bengals play, but it highlights the struggle we are in living in a pandemic that is still surging across America.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:28 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: COVID cases should be treated as normal injuries.  Don’t dress the player and bring someone in from the bench or practice squad.

It's not that easy. Their concern is who the infected person came into contact with and if they passed it on (contact tracing). If another player for the colts tests positive later, and they've played the game, then the're (NFL) negligent on trying to contain the spread. That's why they shut things down when this happens to see who was in contact and where they went from there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 09:28 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: COVID cases should be treated as normal injuries.  Don’t dress the player and bring someone in from the bench or practice squad.

They do that, but they want to make sure to give enough time to make sure the virus hasn't manifested to other players, as it takes 1-2 weeks before it can become detectable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: This should shock no one. It's unfortunate, and sucks to not see the Bengals play, but it highlights the struggle we are in living in a pandemic that is still surging across America.

And for quite a good amount of states, cases are actually going up again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 10:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's not that easy. Their concern is who the infected person came into contact with and if they passed it on (contact tracing). If another player for the colts tests positive later, and they've played the game, then the're (NFL) negligent on trying to contain the spread. That's why they shut things down when this happens to see who was in contact and where they went from there. 

I understand caution, but the NFL has set themselves up for major issues and decisions now on game days. They just changed the rule that all players will be tested now on game day. My question becomes, if one player tests positive, it would be impossible to do all the contact tracing needed to clear every coach, player and staff.

I hope no one ever tests positive on game day, but great chance they will and if it happens and they use the existing protocols, I don't see any scenario the game can be played that day if scheduled.

2020 is going to have a ton of twists and turns to follow and likely a week 18 will be needed to sort it all out, maybe a week 19.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote