Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Colts request interview with Callahan
(01-19-2023, 10:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well sorry I have integrity,  guess I will start questioning yours once a month

PS I'm sure I've been fan much longer than you..

Maybe... went to my first game in 1978.

Reply/Quote
When the line was playing well i did notice we had very good play designs.

I have no idea how Callahan is without Burrow
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: Not sure I'd want to go to the Colts situation. Basically no QB and a mediocre roster. They have the 4th draft pick which means they likely aren't getting Young or Stroud. After those two the quality becomes kind of iffy and looks more like a wildcard. 

If he gets one of 32 head coaching gigs in the NFL, he will take it.  That window rarely opens.  When it does, guys jump at it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 03:19 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Maybe... went to my first game in 1978.

Reply/Quote
I like Callahan. I also hope he gets a legit shot at the position. It’s one of only 32 in the world. So, if offered he’d be foolish not to take it.

But, whenever you hear Joe B talk about the coaching staff…it’s overwhelmingly to praise Zac Taylor. I’m sure he’s mentioned Callahan, but really don’t remember how or when? Not sure if that means anything, though!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:36 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: As of right now, Pitcher is the OC in waiting. He's part of the succession plan the team has talked about.

Cool, have heard Burrow talk really high about Pitcher and his creativity and knowledge.

Never know, might be an upgrade if Brian Callahan moves on to the Colts as HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 10:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Titans and Texans are sure looking like trash for the near future, but the Jaguars are sort of like a B- version of the Bengals where they looked to be out of things and then they turned it around and are making a push.  It'll be interesting to see what the Colts do at QB.  The Texans miracle-ed themselves out of the 1st pick and into the 2nd pick, so the Colts could trade a buttload to get the Bears 1st overall pick to address their QB needs as well as screw the Texans.

Or the Colts could keep with their usual standards by plugging in a vet QB and coming up a bit short.  Jimmy G?  Mayfield?  Darnold?  Maybe they'd actually make a play for a guy who isn't crap/toast by looking at Jackson.

Colts could get Carr which wouldnt be a bad move IMO
Reply/Quote
I have to say I'm not going to be upset if Callahan moves on.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 04:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I have to say I'm not going to be upset if Callahan moves on.

I tend to want everyone to stay when we are successful. There’s no telling what he does for Burrow behind the scenes. What if he’s good at helping Burrow ID coverages or something
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:29 PM)Housh Wrote: I tend to want everyone to stay when we are successful. There’s no telling what he does for Burrow behind the scenes. What if he’s good at helping Burrow ID coverages or something

I would think Dan Pitcher and Zac Taylor would be much better at this honestly.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Colts would be a dream job. They have a solid Oline, a premiere RB, a great Defense, and they play in a division the Jags just won.

WTS, they should go with a defensive mind. Lou would be great there

Plus they should be able to land a solid QBs in the draft.

Reply/Quote
If your team has success, your coaches will be offered interviews and jobs, it is just the nature of things. If you want the Bengals to be a long-term successful francshise then you must accept that they will part with both players and coaches to keep things moving forward while staying under the cap and losing coaches to other jobs that you personally may not like.

That said, if the team gets going well enough, those coaches may not want to leave as they realize they have a better situation where there currently are but that doesn't stop the interview requests or interviews. It is just the nature of the NFL.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 12:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If your team has success, your coaches will be offered interviews and jobs, it is just the nature of things. If you want the Bengals to be a long-term successful francshise then you must accept that they will part with both players and coaches to keep things moving forward while staying under the cap and losing coaches to other jobs that you personally may not like.

That said, if the team gets going well enough, those coaches may not want to leave as they realize they have a better situation where there currently are but that doesn't stop the interview requests or interviews. It is just the nature of the NFL.

Eff that I’m takin the 1st HC job that comes available if I’m a HC virgin lol

Also if i were an AFC team id bring him in just for an edge VS us.

All those years Peyton and Tom
Ruled the AFC it was probably because teams weren’t poaching their talent

If I’m the Browns or Pittsburg I’m offering Tee Higgins 100M. Im
Trying to get Germaine Pratt. Im tryna get whoever good i can get my hands on from Cincinnati

Maybe my petty ass would make a dumbass roster trying to be petty but I’d at least try
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I just want to see us go out and get qualified replacements rather than constantly promote from in house. After a few promotions it always seems to go downhill. Sounds like Pitcher would be a good promotion though. I think part of that is everyone here feels like Callahan doesn't do anything on the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 03:12 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I just want to see us go out and get qualified replacements rather than constantly promote from in house. After a few promotions it always seems to go downhill. Sounds like Pitcher would be a good promotion though. I think part of that is everyone here feels like Callahan doesn't do anything on the team.

It's known as the Peter Principle
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:29 PM)Housh Wrote: I tend to want everyone to stay when we are successful. There’s no telling what he does for Burrow behind the scenes. What if he’s good at helping Burrow ID coverages or something

Could be, and I'm not saying I want him to go, but there are a lot of good OC's, also qualified in house people that could move up. I'd rather lose Brian than Lou
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 12:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Could be, and I'm not saying I want him to go, but there are a lot of good OC's, also qualified in house people that could move up. I'd rather lose Brian than Lou

For damn sure.
Reply/Quote
Brian Callahan has a 2nd interview with the Colts later this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:29 PM)pally Wrote: Brian Callahan has a 2nd interview with the Colts later this week

Yea the Colts are likely going to draft a young QB and Callahan has an excellent resume of QBs he coached.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote