Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green Energy Return on Investment is 90 years for a new home
As Americans struggle with the rent or to buy a new home. Biden's green policies are adding over $30,000 to the construction costs. High interest rated and green policies are meeting at a time inflation has skyrocketed since Biden took office.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/green-housing-mandates-pushing-americans-more-red

Green housing mandates are pushing Americans more into the red
Americans need relief, not regulation, in their struggle to find affordable housing

The Biden administration doesn’t deny this higher upfront cost. It simply claims it’ll pay for itself via lower energy bills. Unfortunately, the breakeven point is 90 years.

Home prices across the nation are back up near a record high. That makes this a particularly bad time for the Biden administration to have rolled out its new "green" energy mandates, which will add $31,000 to the cost of a new home.

The mandates are being pushed through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and while they technically won’t apply to all homes, all home builders will effectively be forced to comply with them.

HUD argues that homebuilders will be able to get tax credits, via the Inflation Reduction Act, to offset some of these costs, with those savings hopefully passed along to homebuyers. However, this is not a real reduction in costs; it’s merely passing the buck to taxpayers. Instead of a homebuyer bearing the full freight of these "green" energy mandates, some of the cost will be passed on to taxpayers, including renters.

This is just the latest example of how failed public policies are creating a two-tiered society in this country, where an entire generation of Americans will likely never be able to afford their own homes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
is there any actual data to back up that opinion piece? there sure as heck isn't any in the article

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh the horror! More efficient homes? Wow. These people are pure evil pushing this madness.

Bring back the asbestos and the lead paint and pipes and the knob and tube wiring. Electrical, plumbing, and building code updating is a giant liberal scheme to steal your money. And everybody who reads faux knows it.
Reply/Quote
I looked at a windmill.  I'm too old to see the return on it.

But I encourage the US to continue moving toward renewable energy sources.  The more we do the more the price will eventually level off.

Secondly, I often wonder when someone blames a president for prices being quoted by private companies how much they understand about the economy.  Sure, DC can make regulations that cost money that needs to be made back up by the company, but in general prices are determined by someone who needs to make a profit and wants to see how much they can make and still get the work.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Wow an opinion piece with no facts or links to data. I am SHOCKED fauxnews would post such a thing.

As most of you know, I work in the O&G industry. My livelihood depends upon it. I am a conservative and register republican. I say this because I am FOR renewables. We have solar panels on our house. Why? HCs are a finite resource. We NEED to be moving toward renewable energy now, when we can spread out the growing pains of consumption and efficiency.

Texas is one of the most backward ass, Trump Supporting states in the Union yet it produces the highest % of it's energy from renewables in the entire US. Thus being against renewables, is as much blind ignorance as it is just plain dumb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote