Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Results Talk - Runningbacks
Fournette had one of the ugliest verts Ive ever seen and didn't compete in the broad. My biggest fear with Fournette is that he's so naturally gifted that he's lazy and i'm a bit concerned.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Fournette 4.51 first run at 240 comparison to jeremy hill 4.66 at 233

Reply/Quote
Dalvin cook 4.50 at 210 pounds

Reply/Quote
Christian McCaffery 4.49 at 202

Reply/Quote
Samaje Perine 4.66 at 233. Basically Jeremy Hill Clone

Reply/Quote
I'm getting a bad vibe from Fournette's attitude.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Donnel Pumphrey 4.49 at 176

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm getting a bad vibe from Fournette's attitude.

not exactly sure what you're talking about =-p

Reply/Quote
LF pretty doggone fast for 240 lbs.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The bigger RBs not having good 40 times besides Fournette.
Perine, Conner, Hunt, Jamaal Williams, Clement all 4.6+

Jeremy Hill's 40 time was 4.66, so I guess if the plan would be to find a near-identical replacement in a bigger RB, they'd fit right in. But I'd like to see someone replace Hill who is in the 4.5 range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 03:38 PM)Okeana Wrote: Samaje Perine 4.66 at 233.   Basically Jeremy Hill Clone
One thing that I noticed about Samaje was his game speed. I expected him to run a 4.6. When watching him, he almost never gets caught from behind.

He's really grown on me as a possible replacement for Hill. If we don't grab Cook or LF, I would be very happy with Samaje. He has good hands. He broke Billy Simms rushing record at Oklahoma! That's an accomplishment. His highlight reel is sweet!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: One thing that I noticed about Samaje was his game speed. I expected him to run a 4.6. When watching him, he almost never gets caught from behind.

He's really grown on me as a possible replacement for Hill. If we don't grab Cook or LF, I would be very happy with Samaje. He has good hands. He broke Billy Simms rushing record at Oklahoma! That's an accomplishment. His highlight reel is sweet!

Helps to have a record-breaking 427 rush yards against Kansas in 2014. His production has gone down since 2014, but that's because Joe Mixon came in 2015 to share touches.
I think it actually benefits the Bengals that Perine has played in a timeshare and has succeeded in it. He has also shown he can carry the load well when it's just him, as evidenced by his 2014 success.

I'd be satisfied if he's drafted in the middle rounds. However, it would be a clear sign that Jeremy Hill will not be extended (not that that's a bad thing).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dammit, Foreman broke his foot. Scary having a big RB with foot problems. Bet he drops in draft now.
Reply/Quote
McCaffrey or Mixon in the 2nd would be my personal preference if we are getting RB early.
Reply/Quote
McCaffery just cemented him being a top 15 pick. Fast and showed a ton of good things in the drills. I'm a big fan of him, and whoever drafts him will get a special back.

Cook was a little underwhelming.

Fournette did well besides the vertical jump. Now that is a little concerning because he added weight, and this is supposed to help show lower body strength. He did not display it. He also didn't display much strength or anything else since he didn't participate in certain drills.

Kamara had a good combine and I think people are going to start rewatching his tape. Certainly someone to watch out for.

James Connor is someone who had something to prove and I think he had a fine combine.

Perine showed he is very much a power back and will be a bruiser at the next level.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCaffery just cemented him being a top 15 pick. Fast and showed a ton of good things in the drills. I'm a big fan of him, and whoever drafts him will get a special back.

Cook was a little underwhelming.

Fournette did well besides the vertical jump. Now that is a little concerning because he added weight, and this is supposed to help show lower body strength. He did not display it. He also didn't display much strength or anything else since he didn't participate in certain drills.

Kamara had a good combine and I think people are going to start rewatching his tape. Certainly someone to watch out for.

James Connor is someone who had something to prove and I think he had a fine combine.

Perine showed he is very much a power back and will be a bruiser at the next level.

I thought McNichols tested well at the combine.
0.01 slower than McCaffrey but 12 lbs heavier.
He also has good sized hands (10") and can catch really well.

And holy cow TJ Logan official 4.37. He was the COP back to Elijah Hood at UNC, weighing 196 lbs. Put up nearly 900 total yards on 120 carries + 29 rec, 10 total TDs. He could be a potential late-round target as depth for Bernard. De'Angelo Henderson also had a good combine (4.48) and is a similar skill set and size to Bernard that I still like in the late rounds.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When was the last time a white RB went in the first round?
Reply/Quote
Joe Williams from Utah had good measurable stats. At 5'11" 210, he ran a 4.41, but his vertical was 35" and his broad was 125". Based on just that, I'd say he did well to improve his stock.

Prior to the combine, CBS had him at a 7th/UDFA. Might be worth a late pick, UDFA signing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Said it about 3 months ago. If Fournette is there when we pick we'd be stupid to pass. Never forget Newton's 2nd Law of Motion
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Joe Williams from Utah had good measurable stats.  At 5'11" 210, he ran a 4.41, but his vertical was 35" and his broad was 125".  Based on just that, I'd say he did well to improve his stock.

Prior to the combine, CBS had him at a 7th/UDFA.  Might be worth a late pick, UDFA signing.

He has talent, but also mental health issues. I like him as a prospect, but worry about when he's gonna Stanley Wilson the team. 

7th or UDFA seems right. 
Reply/Quote