Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine Week Mock
1st Round - Cody Ford (OT) - The more I hear that Turner likes bigger lineman and the fact that pick 10-15 seems to be the range for Ford who actually measured in with ideal numbers to play Right Tackle instead of Guard this week, the more I think this will be the pick. I still like Jonah Williams or Devin White more but this is who I could see being the selection more and more.

[Image: large960_blur-c457bcffe58e797d125ee8eb584a8e97.jpg]

2nd Round - Devin Bush (LB) - I really hope that linebacker is a spot that we upgrade in Free Agency with potentially Jordan Hicks and or Kwon Alexander. Bush isn't one of my personal favorites at Linebacker in this draft but I think after White and Wilson he will be the third guy off the board which might be right around this selection.

[Image: 1026042214.jpg.0.jpg]

3rd Round - Isaac Nauta (TE) - A solid mid round guy which seems to be all the Bengals really want out of this position based on Brian Callahan's comments the other day. Nauta is a solid blocker that was overshadowed in the passing game with all of the weapons Georgia has produced the last few years but still made some solid plays for them. Could be Tight End #2 right away.

[Image: 4867477.jpg]

4th Round - Will Grier (QB) - I have seen this guys stock anywhere from late 1st Round to 5th Round. Where he ends up is going to be hard to predict. I could see him fall similar to McCarron and Cousins and even Connor Cook a couple of years ago. Those were guys with similar sporadic projections that all fell to 4th/5th round range. Grier seems like the perfect backup for Dalton.

[Image: 227364_5394d071dd204c5894ded83672375a40~mv2.jpg]

5th Round - Kendall Sheffield (CB) - He will likely test well this week and see his stock rise a little more than the 5th round but as of now this is the area I would look to draft him. Didn't have a good season at Ohio State (defense was bad in general) this year but the ability is there.

[Image: 101067_h.jpg?itok=8mUQcFUU]

6th Round - Austin Seibert (K) - Hopefully they trade some of these 6th rounders to move up in rounds as needed a few spots but they do need to bring in competition for Bullock.

[Image: usa_today_10405254.0.jpg]

6th Round - Preston Williams (WR) - Talent wise this guy is a 1st or 2nd round pick. However, there are red flags off the field and those will see his stock drop. With 5 6th rounders I would take the gamble here.

[Image: 082518_EJerge_Sports_VsHawaii_1830.jpg]

6th Round - Bryce Love (RB) - A prime example of why Running Backs should leave early if projected as an early pick. Between a drop in production and injuries Love is falling quite a bit in this draft. I don't see Walton on this team much longer so bringing in another Running Back makes sense.

6th Round - Jamal Peters (CB) - More competition at Corner for a spot on the roster or practice squad.

[Image: 5511890.0.jpg]

6th Round - Martez Ivey (G) - Competition at Guard for PS

[Image: USATSI_10389972_168381178_lowres-718x490.jpg]

7th Round - Kendall Joseph (LB) - Tre Lamar is talked about more but I believe Joseph is a better player.

[Image: c1c0fd91-056d-4143-b5e5-50d9a2f7eebd-CU_...&auto=webp]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Very nice mock JR85. Like all the players and your breakdown, well done.

If we are going to draft a QB i like Murray and Grier honestly. I don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a QB either so i really like this way of doing things. Cody Ford is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite pick at 11 in this draft behind White. I have been leaning going LB in the 1st, OL in the 2nd but if White is not there this is the route i would like for us to go.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very nice mock JR85. Like all the players and your breakdown, well done.

If we are going to draft a QB i like Murray and Grier honestly. I don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a QB either so i really like this way of doing things. Cody Ford is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite pick at 11 in this draft behind White. I have been leaning going LB in the 1st, OL in the 2nd but if White is not there this is the route i would like for us to go.

White is by far the best linebacker and I would by happy with him but it would be nice to see them go hard after Jordan Hicks and Keon Alexander and try to check off a need in Free Agency. Wishful thinking but it would be a nice change for this franchise.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice mock! Love your late-round picks of Williams, Love, Peters and Joseph. After their combine performances, however, you might have to switch 1 and 2, as Bush might go higher than Ford now, lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 08:00 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: White is by far the best linebacker and I would by happy with him but it would be nice to see them go hard after Jordan Hicks and Keon Alexander and try to check off a need in Free Agency. Wishful thinking but it would be a nice change for this franchise.

It would and we would be right back in the Playoff conversation.

Get a Guard to go along with Hicks or Alexander. Have Ford play RT for us cause he can.
Reply/Quote