Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine dl measurment suprises.
Derrick barnett measured in at 6"3 and 259. Demarcus walker was actually 280 and kpassagnon was 289 pounds and has 35 5/8 arms. If anything else suprised you feel free to add. These were my biggest suprises.
Reply/Quote
Garrett put up 33 reps. That stood out to me so far
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Garrett put up 33 reps.  That stood out to me so far

Especially given he has over 35" arms. Most players who put up 30+ have short arms.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Especially given he has over 35" arms. Most players who put up 30+ have short arms.

Just ran a 4.64 too.
Reply/Quote
I know barnett is sick and everything but clocking in at 259 and running a 4.88 and 4.92 is not good. Meanwhile tanoh kpassagnon is even higher on my board now after running a 4.73 at 289.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know barnett is  sick and everything but clocking in at 259 and running a 4.88 and 4.92 is not good. Meanwhile tanoh kpassagnon is even higher on my board now after running a 4.73 at 289.

The dude hasn't even been able to keep down water the last couple of days.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Taco at 4.92. Lots compare him to Carlos. Not sure so far...Carlos was at 4.71 at his 40.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:30 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Just ran a 4.64 too.
He said he was going to run a 4.4

Carl Lawson showed out on the bench

Sirius was interviewing the DLinemen/LBs all day yesterday and a couple guys that stood out:

Tak McKinley (good)

Johnathan Allen (good)

Taco Charlton (Not good)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:49 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I know barnett is  sick and everything but clocking in at 259 and running a 4.88 and 4.92 is not good. Meanwhile tanoh kpassagnon is even higher on my board now after running a 4.73 at 289.

It's easy to fall in love with Tanoh Kpassagnon's numbers. But everyone fell in love with Hunt's numbers too. But Hunt was simply too raw. I think Kpassagnon will be similar. Not that I think Kpassagnon will be a flop, but I doubt he makes much of an impact for a year or two.

I still say no until at least the third. If he goes in the second, I hope it's not to the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's easy to fall in love with Tanoh Kpassagnon's numbers. But everyone fell in love with Hunt's numbers too. But Hunt was simply too raw. I think Kpassagnon will be similar. Not that I think Kpassagnon will be a flop, but I doubt he makes much of an impact for a year or two.

I still say no until at least the third. If he goes in the second, I hope it's not to the Bengals.
Kpassagnon weakness is against the run. As a pass rusher i think he makes an immediate impact. Imo he comes in and becomes a situational pass rusher in year 1, by the middle of year 2 is a full time starter. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Kpassagnon weakness is against the run. As a pass rusher i think he makes an immediate impact. Imo he comes in and becomes a situational pass rusher in year 1, by the middle of year 2 is a full time starter. 

If he does, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If the Bengals think he can make enough of an impact as a situational pass rusher in his first 1-2 years while developing his run defense to eventually replace MJ in 2019, it makes sense.
I'm just skeptical after seeing multiple edge prospects fail with the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If he does, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

If the Bengals think he can make enough of an impact as a situational pass rusher in his first 1-2 years while developing his run defense to eventually replace MJ in 2019, it makes sense.
I'm just skeptical after seeing multiple edge prospects fail with the Bengals.

oh definitely skeptical but his pass rushing skills are great. Run stopping is a major weakness. Who better to learn from than mj? Great at setting the edge. I dont think hes there by 3 so if hes there at end of 2 may need to move up. 
Reply/Quote
I'm skeptical of the Bengals coaching being able to coach up a guy lie Tanoh. Would be better for his career to go to a team that can actually develop raw players.
Reply/Quote
Is Taco in play at 9?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He said he was going to run a 4.4

Carl Lawson showed out on the bench

Sirius was interviewing the DLinemen/LBs all day yesterday and a couple guys that stood out:

Tak McKinley (good)

Johnathan Allen (good)

Taco Charlton (Not good)

What did Taco say that ranked him as a not good?

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 11:54 AM)Okeana Wrote: The dude hasn't even been able to keep down water the last couple of days.  

Yeah, I'm not a Barnett fan, but if he's got a stomach bug, he could easily be 5-10 pounds lighter than he would normally be walking around at.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:22 PM)McC Wrote: Is Taco in play at 9?

I dont see it
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:22 PM)McC Wrote: Is Taco in play at 9?

I thought he would be, but I was not impressed with his movement during the drills. A lot of wasted motion and slow feet.

The DE in play at 9 now, I think is Thomas. His explosion and effort today has been off the charts and ran a 4.70 and jumped over 10'.

I'd have him at RE on first and second down, then put him inside next to Geno on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
If Thomas is there at 9 and we don't draft him I am going to China and I am going to punch a baby Panda.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:29 PM)Burma Wrote: What did Taco say that ranked him as a not good?

They interviewed them in pairs (he was with the DT out of UF). All day long they each said good things about each other. Taco only talked about himself and Michigan and I'm pretty sure he got one of their names wrong. Could be nothing, but he seemed quite selfish. I'll be curious to see if we get any interview feedback. 

WTS, he seems like what we need. This class is deep and my hope is that he would be there early second. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote