Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine rating are in
http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Each year I pretty much dismiss Walter and CBS has gone to shit. The Draft Network is trying, but nothing compares to the write ups from the combine previews.

Some bfine favs in our position(s) of need:

Drew Lock: 6.05

Cody Ford: 6.09

Dennis Daley: 5.80

Germaine Pratt: 5.58

Rashawn Gary: 6.37
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Each year I pretty much dismiss Walter and CBS has gone to shit. The Draft Network is trying, but nothing compares to the write ups from the combine previews.

Drew Lock is interesting.  I don't know if he would be better compared to Dalton.  Cody Ford would be guard I think.  Bengals need OT.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 04:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Drew Lock is interesting.  I don't know if he would be better compared to Dalton.  Cody Ford would be guard I think.  Bengals need OT.  

We also need a guard.  I agree, though, we should go after a tackle first.

If the value is there, though, we should grab him.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

It would be interesting to see the predraft ratings compared to the PFF ratings of guys after say 3rd year. Were the right 90, 80, 70% of the time or not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2019, 04:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Drew Lock is interesting.  I don't know if he would be better compared to Dalton.  Cody Ford would be guard I think.  Bengals need OT.  

Cody Ford in same boat as cordy Glenn. Was projected as a guard, but made it as a tackle.
Reply/Quote
Anybody know what the scale is?

Like 6 out of possible what?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cody Ford in same boat as cordy Glenn. Was projected as a guard, but made it as a tackle.

I am warning up to selecting Ford as a RT. He is a big guy (330+) but has quick feet and is very athletic. He might fit well as a tackle in a wide zone blocking scheme with his athleticism. He may need a season to work on his mechanics, but it's difficult to see him as being worse than Hart
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2019, 07:32 PM)McC Wrote: Anybody know what the scale is?  

Like 6 out of possible what?

From website:

GRADE

9.00-10
Once-in-lifetime player

8.00-8.99
Perennial All-Pro

7.50-7.99
Future All-Pro

7.00-7.49
Pro Bowl-caliber player

6.50-6.99
Chance to become Pro Bowl-caliber player

6.00-6.49
Should become instant starter

5.50-5.99
Chance to become NFL starter

5.20-5.49
NFL backup or special teams potential

5.01-5.19
Better-than-average chance to make NFL roster

50-50 Chance to make NFL roster

4.75-4.99
Should be in an NFL training camp

4.5-4.74
Chance to be in NFL camp
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:17 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: From website:

GRADE

9.00-10
Once-in-lifetime player

8.00-8.99
Perennial All-Pro

7.50-7.99
Future All-Pro

7.00-7.49
Pro Bowl-caliber player

6.50-6.99

6.00-6.49

5.50-5.99

5.20-5.49

5.01-5.19

4.75-4.99

4.5-4.74
Chance to be in NFL camp
Thank you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
NFL.com's ratings/rankings have always been my preferred, especially since Brugler and Rang left CBS. I like Daniel Jeremiah's and Lance Zierlein's analysis.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2019, 03:17 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: From website:

GRADE

9.00-10
Once-in-lifetime player

8.00-8.99
Perennial All-Pro

7.50-7.99
Future All-Pro

7.00-7.49
Pro Bowl-caliber player

6.50-6.99

6.00-6.49

5.50-5.99

5.20-5.49

5.01-5.19

4.75-4.99

4.5-4.74
Chance to be in NFL camp

Their scale is odd, as there is no player (right now at least) who is rated 7.0 or higher. Highest player I recall in recent memory was Clowney with a 7.5, but it's been extremely rare for someone to be rated 7.0 or higher. So more often than not, the scale is really going to be up to 7.0.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2019, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their scale is odd, as there is no player (right now at least) who is rated 7.0 or higher. Highest player I recall in recent memory was Clowney with a 7.5, but it's been extremely rare for someone to be rated 7.0 or higher. So more often than not, the scale is really going to be up to 7.0.

Nelson and Barkley were both over a 7.00 last year but I think it goes into more so how hard it is to have absolute confidence that anyone is really going to be a sure fire star.
Reply/Quote
I like thehuddlereport.com also. Drew Boylhart has some interesting takes and takes some interesting stances. There is an archive of his older profiles.
Not all live up to his projections but he does seem to read the tea leaves on some players better than others.

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2010profiles/Geno.Atkins.htm
" I think it's all up to Geno and, if he connects with the right coach, he will be successful at the next level.  If this kid falls to any round lower than the 1st, he could be one of the steals of this draft.  Right now, Geno is not highly rated, but this could change by the time we get to draft day. "

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2012profiles/Dre.Kirkpatrick.htm
"I like this kid and think he is a solid cornerback for the next level.  Because of his size and speed, he will be selected early in this draft, but expecting him to be a shut down corner at the next level is expecting too much, in my opinion.  He can impact if he improves his tackling in nickel and dime coverage on those big corners and tight ends.  He can impact on most wide receivers who lack elite speed and quickness.  He reminds me a lot of Nate Clements (DB SF 49er's) who was a 1st round draft choice of the Buffalo Bills, has had a good career and made a lot of money in the NFL but...Nate has never been considered a shut-down corner, just a good solid corner. "

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2017profiles/John.Ross.htm
Talent: round 3 is his value.

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2015profiles/Cedric.Ogbuehi.htm
"Cedric has played a lot of snaps at the college level and still lacks the techniques on every down to be a dominating offensive tackle and truthfully, there is no reason for it. He could be a solid right tackle for the team that selects him, but drafting him with the thought that he will defend the blindside of a $20 million dollar a year quarterback I think, is expecting way too much from him. Remember you draft with the information you have in front of you on draft day and the information on Cedric right now is that he hasn’t shown improvement in his play this year to warrant selecting him in the first round of this draft. Like I said before, Cedric has all the tools athletically to dominate any position on the offensive line, but he just hasn’t shown the desire to do that in my opinion. I think he wants to be a right tackle at the next level and perform at just the exact level to be a starter, but as far as dominating, I don’t believe that’s a personal goal of his or he would have done so at the college level. What can I say? That’s what I see in his play on film and for me personally, selecting him in the 2nd round might even be a bit of a stretch, but it will be hard to overlook his size and athleticism given the value of the position he has the potential to play for some NFL team."

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/2013profiles/Tyler.Eifert.htm
"I really like Tyler as a possession wide receiver instead of a tight end or, for that matter, a slot receiver.  His blocking from that position is excellent and his route running is more aggressive.  He is a match-up nightmare as a wide receiver much like former Redskins wide receiver Art Monk was.  Although he is big and a long strider, he has decent speed and, inside the red zone, will be very hard to cover.  As a pass catching tight end in the middle of the field, he will get too beat up physically and mentally and the truth is, you want this kid on the field catching passes and blocking for sweeps and crack backs. There is a lot of talent here, but he will have to learn to run all the routes on the outside and learn how to double move the corners.  When he does, he will become a tremendous weapon.  You keep this kid as a pass catching tight end and he will not see the field enough to impact because of nagging injuries.  At least that's how I see it. "
Reply/Quote
Fairly on-point feedback, save for Eifert.

We use Eifert as a jack of all trades, be it for blocking, route running, crackbacks, etc.

Aside from the back, EVERY one of his injuries has been a season killer/derailer and of the fluke/unfortunate variety.

Nothing has been nagging.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A few guys I think will surprise at the combine.

Bobby Okereke LB Stanford
Tyrel Dodson LB Texas A&M
Dawson Knox TE Ole Miss
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Liking White or Ford at 11 more and more.

Also like Gary or even Wilkins if we do enough in FA with LB and O-line.
Reply/Quote
Anybody have a good site that posts all the measurements and results? I used to use Walter for that, but his site has become unusable with all the pop-up ads.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 01:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Anybody have a good site that posts all the measurements and results? I used to use Walter for that, but his site has become unusable with all the pop-up ads.

The link in the OP has them, just not a list. For instance the RBs have already been measured and those results are on their analysis.

Benny Snell:
Height
5' 10"
Weight
224 lbs
Arms

31”
Hands
9 3/8”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The link in the OP has them, just not a list. For instance the RBs have already been measured and those results are on their analysis.

Benny Snell:
Height
5' 10"
Weight
224 lbs
Arms

31”
Hands
9 3/8”

Thanks, I checked there for the QB’s this morning and they just didn’t have them updated yet. Wanted to see Tyree Jackson’s measurements, monster.

6’7” 249lbs, 10”1/4 hands
Reply/Quote
Dennis Daley kept showing up in my mocks in the 4th and later.....I'd like that pick in the later rounds. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote