Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Comeback Player of the Year could get interesting down the stretch…
Joe Burrow -

3483 yards, 25 TD’s (2 rushing), 68.8 completion %, 8.4 YPA, 14 INT’s, 100.6 passer rating, 7-6 record

Dak Prescott -

3381 yards, 24 TD’s (1 rushing), 67.9 completion %, 7.4 YPA, 10 INT’s, 98.1 passer rating, 8-4 record (missed one game)

We all know it will go to the Cowboy, but it’s a pretty tight race right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Cowboys lead their division, as well. It is Prescott’s award to lose.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:51 AM)Destro Wrote: Cowboys lead their division, as well. It is Prescott’s award to lose.

Well, that division is a dumpster fire (and has been for years). Dallas is the only team with a winning record.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, that division is a dumpster fire (and has been for years). Dallas is the only team with a winning record.

Washington won four straight before the Cowboys stopped them. Early in the season, Burrow and Chase had the eye on yearly awards, now, probably not so much. Not like the league is scared to play the AFC North, either.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 05:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe Burrow -

3483 yards, 25 TD’s (2 rushing), 68.8 completion %, 8.4 YPA, 14 INT’s, 100.6 passer rating, 7-6 record

Dak Prescott -

3381 yards, 24 TD’s (1 rushing), 67.9 completion %, 7.4 YPA, 10 INT’s, 98.1 passer rating, 7-5 record (missed one game)

We all know it will go to the Cowboy, but it’s a pretty tight race right now.

The cowboys have 4 losses...
Reply/Quote
Dak leads his team to the post season it belongs to him.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:04 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Dak  leads his team to the post season it belongs to him.

I agree, it's going to Dak, baring a major fall from him...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 04:01 PM)Tony Wrote: The cowboys have 4 losses...

Corrected.

Reply/Quote
so the bengals have cost Burrow a full rookie year

and now (if cincy misses the playoffs) they will rob him of comeback POY
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, that division is a dumpster fire (and has been for years). Dallas is the only team with a winning record.

To be fair so is the AFCN and besides that a player shouldn't be penalized for playing in a shitty division.

Dak will probably win it and given how close the numbers are you'd be hard pressed to argue he didn't deserve it.  Both players have a pretty good cast of weapons too.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 08:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: To be fair so is the AFCN and besides that a player shouldn't be penalized for playing in a shitty division.

Dak will probably win it and given how close the numbers are you'd be hard pressed to argue he didn't deserve it.  Both players have a pretty good cast of weapons too.

The AFCN doesn’t have a single team below .500. It’s a down year for how good this division usually is, but it’s still a lot better than the NFC East.

But to be clear, I’m not trying to “penalize” Dak. If he wins comeback player he’ll deserve it. The purpose of this thread wasn’t so much to lobby for Burrow’s case, as it was to just point out how close it is between them numbers wise right now. You have to admire how well both are playing this season. Both had just brutal injuries to come back from. And honestly neither of them really missed a beat.

Reply/Quote
Nobody in the AFC-N will escape the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:02 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Nobody in the AFC-N will escape the 1st round.

Believe the Bengals are the only team that would have a chance to do so.

Yet not sold Bengals will even make the playoffs now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I just don’t get how this isn’t closer (besides “Cowboys”). Burrow is 2nd in the league to only Rodgers in passer rating, is the #1 rated QB by PFF, has a higher completion %, much higher Y/A, more TD’s, more yards…

Not saying Dak isn’t deserving, but it should be a tighter race, imo.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I just don’t get how this isn’t closer (besides “Cowboys”). Burrow is 2nd in the league to only Rodgers in passer rating, is the #1 rated QB by PFF, has a higher completion %, much higher Y/A, more TD’s, more yards…

It is Dak and the Cowboys, he will get it no matter what logic says. As you say should be a much tighter race but we all 
know why it isn't. Regardless Burrow is having a great season and hope it just gets better and we get the much bigger 
reward come February.
Reply/Quote
I think it goes to Dak just as Lamar made the Pro Bowl over Burrow.
Reply/Quote
It was Dak’s to lose before the season even began. The beloved NFC East.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 12:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think it goes to Dak just as Lamar made the Pro Bowl over Burrow.

The Cincinnati factor
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I would be surprised if Burrow doesn’t get it if Cincinnati makes the playoffs. Statistically, like you said, he is having a better season. The only reason I could see him getting it would be the Dallas factor.
Reply/Quote
Dak probably sealed it tonight. Personally I think it should go to the guy that’s in the MVP conversation, but oh well. One more thing for Burrow to have a chip on his shoulder about.

Reply/Quote