Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial spokespeople I want to kill
(01-12-2018, 07:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In the Columbus area.

The guy who shouts in the TV ads for American Freight furniture store.

[Image: th?id=OIP.m7IkinNBOcy1pqA_bSpgnwEsCo&pid...=341&h=192]

Listen for yourself! 

[Image: th?id=OIP.M_mR26sxQhTdZbCeGgFdQQHaFj&pid...=222&h=168]

Lol, yeah, we see these too in Dayton, there's a store in Moraine.  I feel sorry for him, he has so much to say about sofas and so little time to say it.  

When we first got cable in the mid-'80s (I lived in a smaaaaaaaaaall town) we got WWOR out of Secaucus, NJ.  So, in additions to Mets games, which seemed so exotic at the time, we got to see NY-area commercials.  One group of commercials seemed particularly annoying at the time:

Looking at it now, though, it is nothing compared to the American Freight guy  Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 12:54 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Lol, yeah, we see these too in Dayton, there's a store in Moraine.  I feel sorry for him, he has so much to say about sofas and so little time to say it.  

When we first got cable in the mid-'80s (I lived in a smaaaaaaaaaall town) we got WWOR out of Secaucus, NJ.  So, in additions to Mets games, which seemed so exotic at the time, we got to see NY-area commercials.  One group of commercials seemed particularly annoying at the time:

Looking at it now, though, it is nothing compared to the American Freight guy  Smirk

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
1. The Trivago guy is hot.

2. The Zyppah guy on the radio is the only one that really annoys me.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  The Trivago guy is hot.

Uh fred, did you go through a "lifestyle change" while you were gone?   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a huge fan of that Mr. Mayhem guy in the Allstate Ins. commercials. Time to give it a rest.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2018, 04:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Uh fred, did you go through a "lifestyle change" while you were gone?   Ninja

No...he's always leaned that way. But we still love and accept him.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 02:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. The Trivago guy is hot.

Birds of a feather ...
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Can I include an entire chorus...J G Wentworth..877 Cash Now....
Reply/Quote
hate all Peyton manning commercial's so he's my pick
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:58 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Can I include an entire chorus...J G Wentworth..877 Cash Now....

You sure can.  And I second that emotion.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 06:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: not a spokeperson per se, but the most annoying commercial in the world HAS to be Kars-for kids

The torch has now passed to the LifeLock with Norton commercial that spoofs the song Dem Bones...
Reply/Quote
if I opened my medicine cabinet and saw the My Pillow Guy....I'd be freaked out.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
I don't really see any commercials until football season rolls around, but I'd have to go with the 10 billion draft-betting website commercials.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 06:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: not a spokeperson per se, but the most annoying commercial in the world HAS to be Kars-for kids

(12-21-2017, 10:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I second this.

I always found it funny that in the original commercials the man singing tried really hard to sound like Johnny Cash.

Unfortunately his reach is much further than that.  I get to see this toad here in VA too.  We vacationed in NE this fall, and had the displeasure of catching him on their fine television channels as well...

I might have to change my answer.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Astronaut Abby.  Starting to wish for her spacecraft to explode...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I might have to change my answer.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about Astronaut Abby.  Starting to wish for her spacecraft to explode...

Had to google her.   It says she is a scientist, internet figure, and aspiring astronaut.  Where do you hear about her?  I've never heard of her.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Had to google her.   It says she is a scientist, internet figure, and aspiring astronaut.  Where do you hear about her?  I've never heard of her.

It's a character in a radio commercial for NLS, which is an audio book program from the Library of Congress (I believe).  It was cute to hear once, but then it was repeated ad nauseum, with the same annoying frequency of Zippah and Kars For Kids commercials...
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 05:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's a character in a radio commercial for NLS, which is an audio book program from the Library of Congress (I believe).  It was cute to hear once, but then it was repeated ad nauseum, with the same annoying frequency of Zippah and Kars For Kids commercials...

She does it all for the nookie, so she can take that cookie, and stick it up her “Yeah!”

Reply/Quote

Haven't heard that one in a while.  Always was on when I was coming home from work at 4am listening to George Noory.  It always kind of creeped me out.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2019, 10:07 PM)samhain Wrote: Haven't heard that one in a while.  Always was on when I was coming home from work at 4am listening to George Noory.  It always kind of creeped me out.

It’s been ages since I listened to Art and subsequently George. Entertaining as hell and oddly soothing to fall asleep to.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
There's currently a life insurance commercial (radio) out about life insurance. Husband and wife talking and it ends with him getting his life insurance quickly and then the why asking "And then what will we do with the rest of the night?" and he says "I'm sure we'll think of something" and then she laughs like a wounded hyena.

I want to make their families cash in on their polices every time I hear it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote