Quenton Nelson OG ND
Connor Williams OT Texas
DeShon Elliot S Texas

Pretty straightforward. Sign Tahir Whitehead

New team
Reply/Quote
What if they aren't available?
Reply/Quote
Have not started looking at draft yet so will take your word for it.

But will bet someone will move thread into "draft central" before the day is up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I would say LB is more of a need than S.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 11:42 AM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Quenton Nelson OG ND
Connor Williams  OT Texas
DeShon Elliot S Texas

Pretty straightforward.  Sign Tahir Whitehead

New team

Quenton Nelson will be gone by our pick almost certain.

Connor Williams will be there and worth the 12th pick. 

Both are first round picks. 
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would say LB is more of a need than S.

OP addressed LB in FA via Tahir Whitehead.
Although I'd prefer more of an ILB rather than OLB.
Both Preston Brown and Zach Brown are also FAs, play ILB, played 60+ snaps a game, and played well.
Is Tahir Whitehead a better or worse fit for the Bengals compared to either of the Browns?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Common sense isn't something I hear associated with this Front Office much.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm worried about Connor Williams injury history. Seems like he struggled during the season after he came back. Last thing the Bengals need is to take a guy who's injured in the first round....again.

Give me Nelson/Derwin James or Raquan Smith at 12. Then grab the best tackle in the second round. There isn't a sure fire best tackle this year. It's a pretty weak class. They need a difference maker in the first round.
Reply/Quote
Prefer G. Nelson, LB Roquan then ot Mcglichely..
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:14 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Quenton Nelson will be gone by our pick almost certain.

Connor Williams will be there and worth the 12th pick. 

Both are first round picks. 

Do we really want another Texas School T with an injury history?  Playing devils advocate how is he different/better than Ced O?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:13 PM)corpjet Wrote: Do we really want another Texas School T with an injury history?  Playing devils advocate how is he different/better than Ced O?

Yes. Steer clear of all Texas college athletes cause of Ced

Makes sense. Only 27 million ppl live in Texas. And 23 College football programs.

Let’s avoid California cause of Keith Rivers.

I knew Ross would be bad cause of Lamont Thompson
Reply/Quote
Wrong forum

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:20 PM)ElderStatesman Wrote: Yes. Steer clear of all Texas college athletes cause of Ced

Makes sense. Only 27 million ppl live in Texas. And 23 College football programs.

Let’s avoid California cause of Keith Rivers.

I knew Ross would be bad cause of Lamont Thompson

Keith Rivers is from Florida I believe. He just went to SC
Reply/Quote
What if Alexander leaving allows Og, Fisher, Hopkins, Westerman, and Redmond to properly develop? We were running the ball well at the end of the year. Not sure they will go line right away. LB and S could make the defense elite. Like to see them strengthen the O line in FA
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:07 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I'm worried about Connor Williams injury history. Seems like he struggled during the season after he came back. Last thing the Bengals need is to take a guy who's injured in the first round....again.

Give me Nelson/Derwin James or Raquan Smith at 12. Then grab the best tackle in the second round. There isn't a sure fire best tackle this year. It's a pretty weak class. They need a difference maker in the first round.

I agree 100%
Nelson
James
or Smith....
in that order...
rd #2 best OT on the board
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 12:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have not started looking at draft yet so will take your word for it.

But will bet someone will move thread into "draft central" before the day is up.

I'm with you. I'll look into draft more, after Free Agency plays out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Williams at 12 is a bit of a stretch. I'd prefer Orlando Brown (may be gone) or possibly Kolton Miller.
Reply/Quote
These people saying Williams at 12 is a stretch need to watch tape. Or look at mock drafts. Most mocks have him going top 5-7.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 05:43 PM)Jpoore Wrote: These people saying Williams at 12 is a stretch need to watch tape. Or look at mock drafts. Most mocks have him going top 5-7.

How his injury is reviewed is going to be the make or break on his draft position. He has a very high ceiling, but is not really NFL ready yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 05:52 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How his injury is reviewed is going to be the make or break on his draft position. He has a very high ceiling, but is not really NFL ready yet.

He did come back and play extremely well after injury. I think he's the most nfl ready lineman in this draft outside of price.
Reply/Quote