Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common Theme among Our OL Signings?
(03-20-2022, 11:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Hursts potential, but no TE is going to get enough targets to be a Pro-Bowler with the talent we have at WR and RB.

The talent we have at WR and RB might benefit Hurst all the more at times,leaving him as a lone,forgotten about target.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:22 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You are probably right with Andrews, Waller and Kelce in the division.  Those are also the clear #1 or #2 target on their team (to your point).  Hurst is the 4 or 5.

I think people get excited, and they should.  Realistic expectations are pretty simple 50-500-5.  Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake.  Best case I could think of would be 60-750-8

The thing is that EVERYONES stats are going up this year.  Bengals were 8th in passing yards last year over 800 yards behind the league leader.  

If this O-line stays healthy Burrow will put up ridiculous numbers.  So the top 4 receivers could all have an extra 150-200 yards next year just through "inflation".
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I’m the guys biggest cheerleader but I think the big difference will be the routes he can run, the difficult catches he can make, smart football plays and unexpected athleticism with ball in his hands. He also brings a more hardcore let’s kick ass approach vs a hype-like rah rah.

I will be anxious to see how much time he tries to get with Joe prior to OTAs.

What’s your ceiling on him, in this offense? You can’t really see him
Eclipsing 750 yards or 8 TD can you!? If so… what’s burrows stats?

Let’s be conservative and assume 10% regression for all except hurst, which isn’t fair.
Chase - 1300 - 11
Higgins - 1000 - 5
Boyd - 750 - 4
Hurst - 750 - 8

Pending injury, That accounts for 3800 yards and 28 tds. Assume
Another 1000 and 10 from elsewhere?

Burrow has 4800 and 38? I like it, just seeing how you think it shakes out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Hursts potential, but no TE is going to get enough targets to be a Pro-Bowler with the talent we have at WR and RB.

Tough telling because you know last year our offense dodged a lot of bullets in the i word..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The thing is that EVERYONES stats are going up this year.  Bengals were 8th in passing yards last year over 800 yards behind the league leader.  

If this O-line stays healthy Burrow will put up ridiculous numbers.  So the top 4 receivers could all have an extra 150-200 yards next year just through "inflation".

I think we will see Mixon explode and become the second most important player on the team. He’s going to be ultra dynamic. This offense will be as explosive as any team in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  This offense will be as explosive as any team in the NFL.

Burrow may never have 3 WRs this good again in his career.  Teams just don't devote a lot of resources to WR3 when both of their top 2 are elite.  Higgins is a WR1 on a lot of teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burrow may never have 3 WRs this good again in his career.  Teams just don't devote a lot of resources to WR3 when both of their top 2 are elite.  Higgins is a WR1 on a lot of teams.

Higgins reminds me a lot of Mike Williams. A low(er) end WR1. I think it would depend on the team he went too. I still wonder what happens in an alternate universe where he is the pick instead of Jordan Love, but I’m glad it worked out the way it did.

Your point stands. Chase/Higgins/Boyd is just sick. Reminds of a better version of chad/TJ/Henry, which is saying a lot. I know Henry, stay wise, didn’t do as much as people would think, but you know what he brought to the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:58 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe having all day to drop back and find all those deadly weapons on offense ....   not even Jack Mehoff could report on a scenario better than that.

Who is Jack Mehoff? Never heard of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:57 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Higgins reminds me a lot of Mike Williams.  A low(er) end WR1.  I think it would depend on the team he went too.  I still wonder what happens in an alternate universe where he is the pick instead of Jordan Love, but I’m glad it worked out the way it did.  

Your point stands.  Chase/Higgins/Boyd is just sick.  Reminds of a better version of chad/TJ/Henry, which is saying a lot.  I know Henry, stay wise, didn’t do as much as people would think, but you know what he brought to the field.

Higgins needs a fast wr paired with him to make the most of his skillset.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Higgins needs a fast wr paired with him to make the most of his skillset.

Yep. Big bodied guy, that makes contested catches. He plays more like a TE kelce/Waller than a pro typical 1 receiver. That isn’t shade at Higgins either.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I bet the white guys are "scrappy" have "good motors".

“Hard nosed”
Reply/Quote
Bengals did exactly what I wanted in getting great run blockers who are adequate in pass protection.

Once the defenses have to stack the box to stop our run its game over because Burrow and company will feast.

It will be pick your poison for defenses Tongue

Its a win for Mixon, Burrow, and the WR's.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow had the number one rating by PFF. I think it was 95 with a clean pocket. He was always good with intermediate throws had to be rated in a top three. This is going to be a scary team to face.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Burrow will get at least 50 TDs this year with this offensive line. I definitely see him getting mvp.
Reply/Quote
Great thread.

We didn’t just get 3 random lineman that ranked well on PFF

We added 3 nasty MOFOS
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:07 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yeah but what do they do with a ketchup bottle.

That would be a hilarious bit..... Have ol piano man ask them how they use the ketchup bottle placed before them and all three just take it and bite it in half.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That would be a hilarious bit..... Have ol piano man ask them how they use the ketchup bottle placed before them and all three just take it and bite it in half.   Hilarious

Y'all leave Paul alone, it's not his fault they went to plastic bottles so his analytics went out the window..... Tongue
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Both Karras and Hurst make PFF's Top 10 Underrated FA Moves list.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/pff-top-10-underrated-free-agent-signings

Collins, Cappa and two top 10 underrated FA's is pretty darn good work.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: LOL..."mean player"....they'll put damn near anything in a scouting report.  

Well, I think they reserve "fierce competitor" for the guys who are always getting beat, yet putting up a strong fight.  

"That La-el Collins is such a mean player, he never let's fierce competitor win"..  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote