Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common theme under Marvin has been evident this season.oy..
last week the Panthers had a rebuilt oline. but basically they pushed the Bengals
defense around at will.

and a no name pass rusher looked like JJ Watt last week.

week 1. Colts dont have their starting oline in.
Luck completes 80% of his passes.

career backup QBs beat us in the playoffs Sanchez and that Yates kid with the Texans
and last year DeShaun Watson beat the Bengals on his legs.

2008 Derek Anderson threw for 786 yd and 12 TDs on opening day for the Brown win.

2004 Lee Suggs runs for a buck 84. knocks us out of contention....

2 years ago Trevor Seimen looks like Ken Anderson picking us apart in a week 2 win.

playoff game vs the Steelers..Toussaiant and Todman get important yards...both are out of work now.

you my concern...why do career backups become difference makers vs Lewis coached teams????
i just dont get it....
Reply/Quote
I'm getting confused. Was this supposed to go into the Goodbye Bengal Fans thread?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
no Im just saying when other teams look to be at a disadvantage at a particular position vs the Bengals...they make no names look awfully good on that day. look it up.Im not exaggerating
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: no Im just saying when other teams look to be at a disadvantage at a particular position vs the Bengals...they make no names look awfully good on that day. look it up.Im not exaggerating

Look up the times when they made no names look like no names. 
Reply/Quote
Look up the times we played Superstars and made them look like no names. It's the NFL..... any given Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 02:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: no Im just saying when other teams look to be at a disadvantage at a particular position vs the Bengals...they make no names look awfully good on that day. look it up.Im not exaggerating

I get what you're saying, but last Sunday, if Newton wasn't the QB, you would have seen a lot different D front I think. We couldn't just go pin our ears back and let him have it. We had to keep him contained somewhat.
Reply/Quote
i thought great....no.Olsen..reshuffled oline..
we have a better than average chance of winning...
I bet Austin didnt even bother to do.his homework on Cam or Turners offense. hence he was out schemed
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 04:35 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i thought great....no.Olsen..reshuffled oline..
we have a better than average chance of winning...
I bet Austin didnt even bother to do.his homework on Cam or Turners offense. hence he was out schemed

well Austin at least admitted that!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Look up the times we played Superstars and made them look like no names. It's the NFL..... any given Sunday.

This.

How many years are you going back to make our run d look bad? 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 01:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: last week the Panthers had a rebuilt oline. but basically they pushed the Bengals
defense around at will.

and a no name pass rusher looked like JJ Watt last week.

week 1. Colts dont have their starting oline in.
Luck completes 80% of his passes.

career backup QBs beat us in the playoffs Sanchez and that Yates kid with the Texans
and last year  DeShaun Watson beat the Bengals on his legs.

2008 Derek Anderson threw for 786 yd and 12 TDs on opening day for the Brown win.

2004 Lee Suggs runs for a buck 84. knocks us out of contention....

2 years ago Trevor Seimen looks like Ken Anderson picking us apart in a week 2 win.

playoff game vs the Steelers..Toussaiant and Todman get important yards...both are out of work now.

you my concern...why do career backups become difference makers vs Lewis coached teams????
i just dont get it....

This is so full of wrong.

Week one Colts just gained 305 yards on 55 called passes.  That is getting shut down.

The big game by Dereck Anderson was in 2007 when he went to the Pro Bowl, and the second time we played them he had his worst game of the entire season (53.4 passer rating)

Mark Sanchez (who started 62 of 64 games his first 4 seasons in the league) threw for 182 yards in his playoff win against us.  Yates threw for 159.

We held Deshaun Watson to 192 yards of total offense last year.  That was his worst number of any of his starts.

If you look at every game for any team over the last 17 years you will find a couple of games where no-name players had big games.
Reply/Quote

Yes you are exaggerating.

In fact you are seriously twisting the facts in order to just come up with a handful over 17 years.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you are exaggerating.

In fact you are seriously twisting the facts in order to just come up with a handful over 17 years.

Dare we say...cherry picking? I did think 800 yards and 12 touchdowns seemed a tad high...no exaggeration though lol
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes you are exaggerating.

I'm sure he could easily find more if he looked over ALL the 7,298 years of Merv being head coach of the Bengals instead of just the most recent 17.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The common theme for the Marvelous Marv time is zero playoff wins; 0-8; huge loser. Every single other owner in this league would have tossed him years ago. No other theme needs examining. Feel free to make excuses, but those are the facts and they contain no exaggeration.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2018, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is so full of wrong.

Week one Colts just gained 305 yards on 55 called passes.  That is getting shut down.

The big game by Dereck Anderson was in 2007 when he went to the Pro Bowl, and the second time we played them he had his worst game of the entire season (53.4 passer rating)

Mark Sanchez (who started 62 of 64 games his first 4 seasons in the league) threw for 182 yards in his playoff win against us.  Yates threw for 159.

We held Deshaun Watson to 192 yards of total offense last year.  That was his worst number of any of his starts.

If you look at every game for any team over the last 17 years you will find a couple of games where no-name players had big games.

Appreciate the reality therapy.   Especially regarding Watson ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote