Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp Picks?
I expect us to do pretty good this year. Bates had a great year, Bell had a good year, even Apple was a starter. Our only minus would be OBJ.

What do folks think we'll get and when will we know?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I expect us to do pretty good this year. Bates had a great year, Bell had a good year, even Apple was a starter. Our only minus would be OBJ.

What do folks think we'll get and when will we know?

Overthecap, which is usually pretty reliable, is saying a 5th and 6th.
Reply/Quote
5th and 6th. Bates gets taken away by brown
Reply/Quote
Last year's comp picks were announced March 9th. I don't think they have announced this year's date yet.
Reply/Quote
If Troy Walters gets hired as an offensive coordinator somewhere, or the Raiders decide to make Trey Brown their GM, would the compensation picks for that count towards this year's draft or next year's? It's too bad that Orlando Brown, Jr. wouldn't sign for $200,000 less so that there would also be a third round pick, too.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 11:28 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: If Troy Walters gets hired as an offensive coordinator somewhere, or the Raiders decide to make Trey Brown their GM, would the compensation picks for that count towards this year's draft or next year's? It's too bad that Orlando Brown, Jr. wouldn't sign for $200,000 less so that there would also be a third round pick, too.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained

Quote:The news that the Lions are hiring longtime Rams executive Brad Holmes as Detroit’s new general manager means that for the first time, the league’s new rule rewarding teams that help develop minority coaches and executives will be put into place.

Holmes is a minority, so the Rams will now receive a third-round compensatory pick in both the 2021 NFL draft and the 2022 NFL draft for losing Holmes.

Those third-round picks will come after the compensatory picks that are awarded to teams for losing free agent players. We don’t yet know how many third-round compensatory picks will be awarded for losing free agents, but if there were five regular third-round compensatory picks, those would be picks Nos. 97-101. Then the first compensatory pick for losing a minority player or executive would be No. 102.

If multiple teams lose minority coaches or executives, multiple third-round compensatory picks will be awarded. They’ll be awarded in the same order that teams choose in the draft, so the team that’s higher in the draft order would also be higher in the compensatory pick order.

These compensatory picks are in addition to the 32 compensatory picks that are regularly awarded. So while the draft would typically have 256 overall picks (32 in each of seven rounds, plus 32 compensatory picks), there can now be more than 256 picks because of the additional compensatory picks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 11:28 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: If Troy Walters gets hired as an offensive coordinator somewhere, or the Raiders decide to make Trey Brown their GM, would the compensation picks for that count towards this year's draft or next year's? It's too bad that Orlando Brown, Jr. wouldn't sign for $200,000 less so that there would also be a third round pick, too.

Only Head Coach and GM minority hires will award picks. So Trey Brown yes, Troy Walters no.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Overthecap, which is usually pretty reliable, is saying a 5th and 6th.

It was a 5th and 7th but it wouldnt surprise me if it's a 6th now after benching Nick Scott.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 07:47 AM)Synric Wrote: It was a 5th and 7th but it wouldnt surprise me if it's a 6th now after benching Nick Scott.

Yeah, I was using their original projection of a 5th and 6th https://overthecap.com/2024-compensatory-picks-update-5-2-2022

...but you're right, the current one has it as a 5th and 7th. https://overthecap.com/compensatory-picks
Reply/Quote
We need to start a rumor that Brian Callahan is black so we can get a 3rd rd pick!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2024, 06:08 PM)J24 Wrote: We need to start a rumor that Brian Callahan is black so we can get a 3rd rd pick!

I'm doubting Callahan gets a job. I know he's getting a ton of interviews right now but it's a hard sell to make an OC who doesn't call the plays a HC. If he does go without a job i would think he would be wanting a change either here or somewhere else. 
Reply/Quote