Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp Picks?
I can't remember, but are the comp picks decided this year for this FA class or is it last year's FA class? It turns out we don't get a comp pick this year. That seems odd considering we lost two decently paid players and specifically didn't sign others who would affect these picks.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/2016-NFL-Draft-ORder.aspx
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 02:34 PM)MrRager Wrote: I can't remember, but are the comp picks decided this year for this FA class or is it last year's FA class? It turns out we don't get a comp pick this year. That seems odd considering we lost two decently paid players and specifically didn't sign others who would affect these picks.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/2016-NFL-Draft-ORder.aspx

Last year's FA class determines this year's comp picks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Last year's FA class determines this year's comp picks.

Ah, that makes more sense then. We really held our own talent last year. I thought that was the rule, but couldn't remember if it changed when FA  started before the draft. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:52 PM)MrRager Wrote: Ah, that makes more sense then. We really held our own talent last year. I thought that was the rule, but couldn't remember if it changed when FA  started before the draft. 

next year we are looking at probly 2 for sanu and jones.

Last year it was only marshall newhouse i think
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: next year we are looking at probly 2 for sanu and jones.

Last year it was only marshall newhouse i think

They also lost Lamur and A.Smith, and likely more.  It's a crazy system based a lot on contracts/playing time/production, and Cincy hasn't signed any UFAs to offset that.  It's way early but I'd think they are sitting on a potential 3rd and 4th/5th as well as a late pick like a 7th. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2016, 01:53 AM)phil413 Wrote: They also lost Lamur and A.Smith, and likely more.  It's a crazy system based a lot on contracts/playing time/production, and Cincy hasn't signed any UFAs to offset that.  It's way early but I'd think they are sitting on a potential 3rd and 4th/5th as well as a late pick like a 7th. 

I'm already declaring the guy we pick with this pick to be a total sleeper HOFer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote