Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companies raising wages due to tax bill.
(01-16-2018, 11:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: "The company said it has invested $10 billion in its U.S. manufacturing operations since June 2009."

A quote from your link. 

So Obama was over here making America great before Trump made it cool and you gave zero recognition? Or?

hush

obama was black, so he gets no credit
People suck
(01-18-2018, 01:16 PM)Griever Wrote: hush

obama was black, so he gets no credit

Whoops my bad. Totally forgot. I was wondering why I didnt get a response.
(01-16-2018, 11:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: "The company said it has invested $10 billion in its U.S. manufacturing operations since June 2009."

A quote from your link. 

So Obama was over here making America great before Trump made it cool and you gave zero recognition? Or?

If this thread were about what Obama has/had done, you'd have a great point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Apple's big announcement. I guess this one won't get any criticism, as Apple is purely wholesome, well intending, and not motivated by profits alone..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-announces-350-billion-investment-20k-jobs-over-5-years.html

[quote"We have a deep sense of responsibility to give back to our country and the people who help make our success possible," Cook said in a statement.
In 2016, then president-elect Donald Trump publicly called out Apple's reliance on its Chinese supply chain, telling The New York Times that he would "get Apple to build a big plant in the United States, or many big plants in the United States."][/quote]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-18-2018, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apple's big announcement. I guess this one won't get any criticism, as Apple is purely wholesome, well intending, and not motivated by profits alone..

Actually, Apple probably pisses me off more than any of them. I despise them and would never consider buying one of their products.

Same criticism applies from me.
(01-18-2018, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Apple's big announcement.  I guess this one won't get any criticism, as Apple is purely wholesome, well intending, and not motivated by profits alone..

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/apple-announces-350-billion-investment-20k-jobs-over-5-years.html

[quote"We have a deep sense of responsibility to give back to our country and the people who help make our success possible," Cook said in a statement.
In 2016, then president-elect Donald Trump publicly called out Apple's reliance on its Chinese supply chain, telling The New York Times that he would "get Apple to build a big plant in the United States, or many big plants in the United States."]

So that is 38 billion collected in taxes to our government that otherwise would have remained overseas and not collected.

Not only will jobs be created, bonus's paid out, but also, our government collects too.
(01-18-2018, 03:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So that is 38 billion collected in taxes to our government that otherwise would have remained overseas and not collected.

Not only will jobs be created, bonus's paid out, but also, our government collects too.

Only $1.4 Trillion more to go before the bill is balanced out. ThumbsUp.
(01-18-2018, 03:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Only $1.4 Trillion more to go before the bill is balanced out. ThumbsUp.

Well, you know what I'm going to say.  We just went from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in debt with the prior administration and we still had 50 million on food stamps.  Why all of sudden are we so budget conscious?  Did you see the labor report today?  Jobless claims are the lowest in 45 years.
The economic indicators aren't suffering right now.
(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Well, you know what I'm going to say.  We just went from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in debt with the prior administration and we still had 50 million on food stamps.  Why all of sudden are we so budget conscious?  Did you see the labor report today?  Jobless claims are the lowest in 45 years.

I guess the answer would be because you have to spend your way out of a recession, and now that we're out of it deciding to reduce our revenue while adding to the debt doesn't make much sense. 

Then there's the concern that lowering our revenue while hoping that companies share the wealth and discouraging home ownership over renting will make us vulnerable to another recession that we'll be less prepared for.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Well, you know what I'm going to say.  We just went from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in debt with the prior administration and we still had 50 million on food stamps.  Why all of sudden are we so budget conscious?  Did you see the labor report today?  Jobless claims are the lowest in 45 years.

Deficits we decreasing during the tail end of the Obama years, this will increase deficits and reverse that trend.

The rest of the stuff, I am on record saying attribute those things to administrations. There are too many moving parts. We have been on a trend, economically, for several years. Attributing the last numbers in that trend to any politician is fallacious logic, at best.
(01-18-2018, 03:23 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So that is 38 billion collected in taxes to our government that otherwise would have remained overseas and not collected.

Not only the tax on Apple's assets, but the 20K good paying jobs.  Those 20,000 salaries will also be contributing to the overall revenue pot.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-18-2018, 05:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not only the tax on Apple's assets, but the 20K good paying jobs.  Those 20,000 salaries will also be contributing to the overall revenue pot.

That's why I rounded up. Ninja
(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Jobless claims are the lowest in 45 years.

Thanks to the unemployment rate dropping more under Obama than Trump.
(01-18-2018, 03:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: We just went from 10 trillion to 20 trillion in debt with the prior administration and we still had 50 million on food stamps.  Why all of sudden are we so budget conscious?

Because the only good reason to run up debt is to spend your way out of a recession.

Now that the economy is on fire it is time to pay back some of that debt we ran up in order to get out of a recession.
(01-18-2018, 04:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Deficits we decreasing during the tail end of the Obama years, this will increase deficits and reverse that trend.

The rest of the stuff, I am on record saying attribute those things to administrations. There are too many moving parts. We have been on a trend, economically, for several years. Attributing the last numbers in that trend to any politician is fallacious logic, at best.

I just think the story has to play out with this idea.  Apple is the largest US company. I think their worth is near a trillion in the stock market. And it's good that they came forward first.  The plan has only been out for a month.  Others are sure to follow if there is now an opportunity to bring that cash hoard back.  38 billion from Apple, you mention not enough but that's relative to one company.  What happens if Coca Cola, Proctor and Gamble, McDonald's, Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, Exxon Mobile, Nike, Pepsi, etc etc etc...so many multi national companies we have...follow the idea also.  The 38 billion is really just a starting point.
(01-19-2018, 03:01 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I just think the story has to play out with this idea.  Apple is the largest US company. I think their worth is near a trillion in the stock market. And it's good that they came forward first.  The plan has only been out for a month.  Others are sure to follow if there is now an opportunity to bring that cash hoard back.  38 billion from Apple, you mention not enough but that's relative to one company.  What happens if Coca Cola, Proctor and Gamble, McDonald's, Microsoft, IBM, Cisco, Exxon Mobile, Nike, Pepsi, etc etc etc...so many multi national companies we have...follow the idea also.  The 38 billion is really just a starting point.

My concern is that we are prepping ourselves for another depression. Corporations with record profits while the wage gap between management and workers increases in distance, stock market booming and with business regulations being stripped away, the list could go on. These are things that occurred prior to the Great Depression. We haven't learned our lesson in all of this and we are riding an economic wave that could come crashing down on us. We need to be increasing our tax revenue and cutting our spending, but the folks in Washington aren't willing to do it and the tax bill is only going to make it worse. There is a lot of variation on how much it adds to the deficit, but it is almost universally agreed it will add to the deficit.

It's bad policy, it's bad economics, and it's going to bite us in the ass. We are going to have spent ourselves into such a hole that when the next recession hits we won't be able to pull ourselves out of it.
(01-19-2018, 09:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My concern is that we are prepping ourselves for another depression. Corporations with record profits while the wage gap between management and workers increases in distance, stock market booming and with business regulations being stripped away, the list could go on. These are things that occurred prior to the Great Depression. We haven't learned our lesson in all of this and we are riding an economic wave that could come crashing down on us. We need to be increasing our tax revenue and cutting our spending, but the folks in Washington aren't willing to do it and the tax bill is only going to make it worse. There is a lot of variation on how much it adds to the deficit, but it is almost universally agreed it will add to the deficit.

It's bad policy, it's bad economics, and it's going to bite us in the ass. We are going to have spent ourselves into such a hole that when the next recession hits we won't be able to pull ourselves out of it.

Good thing our  Commerce and Treasury secretaries know how to make huge profits out of recession causing situations while being protected by the government. They'll be able to make sure we're good when the next one happens!

List of companies giving bonuses due to new tax and jobs act now at 275 and counting. *This does not include companies that also or in lieu of, gave permanent pay raises or increased contributions to employees retirement plans.

http://www.publicnow.com/view/F0F33F8E96F6F375855902E50DAA82151ED4E08B?2018-01-29-23:00:11+00:00-xxx7760

Quote:275 Companies Announce Bonuses, Wage Hikes, 401(k) Match Increases Due to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
At least 3 million Americans are receiving special tax reform bonuses
Thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, at least 275 companies have already announced wage and salary increases, bonuses, or 401(k) match increases, according to a list compiled by Americans for Tax Reform. The list, found at http://www.atr.org/list is being continuously updated.
At least 3 million Americans are receiving special tax reform bonuses. This number does not even include those receiving pay increases or increased 401(k) contributions from their employer due to tax reform.
Recent examples include:

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Here is the point. These companies were experiencing record profits for a long time before there were any tax cuts. It seems like they should have given out these raises before.

They are making a big deal about slicing off a very small portion of this big tax break to the "little people". We should not have to give corporations hundreds of billions of dollars to get them to hand out a few million to employees.
(01-30-2018, 07:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the point.  These companies were experiencing record profits for a long time before there were any tax cuts.  It seems like they should have given out these raises before.

They are making a big deal about slicing off a very small portion of this big tax break to the "little people".  We should not have to give corporations hundreds of billions of dollars to get them to hand out a few million to employees.

It's smart PR, though. The masses will believe that these tax cuts made it possible (when they were always possible) and will vote for more deregulation and policies that put business before them because they think it will help them too. 

They're the same people who ignore the fact that the economy has been good for years under Obama.