Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Comparing Front Office Sizes in the AFC North
Man, I hate to keep harping on scouting, but our last 3-4 drafts have been pretty bad. We need more scouts.

We're competing with teams that have anywhere from 2 to 4 times as many Player Personnel staff as us!

As of 3-3-2019 the Ravens have 30 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Steelers have 20 people in their 'Football Operations' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Bengals still have 8 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Browns have 35 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department and that doesn't even count Dorsey and DePodesta.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man, I hate to keep harping on scouting, but our last 3-4 drafts have been pretty bad. We need more scouts.

We're competing with teams that have anywhere from 2 to 4 times as many Player Personnel staff as us!

As of 3-3-2019 the Ravens have 30 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Steelers have 20 people in their 'Football Operations' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Bengals still have 8 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department.
As of 3-3-2019 the Browns have 35 people in their 'Player Personnel' Department and that doesn't even count Dorsey and DePodesta.

The Ravens and Browns have been nailing it. Really, we are the only ones who aren’t in our division.
Reply/Quote
Yep. We are in a division with the Steelers and Ravens who are generally always competitive, and when they do have a down year...they generally recover quickly.

The Browns have been bad for some time, but Dorsey appears to have them trending up.

Then, there is us. Are our 8 Player Personnel people 4 times better than the Ravens equivalent?
Reply/Quote
Does the head coach get any say in this? Wonder if there’s been any comments from ZT on expanding this?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:07 PM)thillan Wrote: Does the head coach get any say in this? Wonder if there’s been any comments from ZT on expanding this?

My guess is they aren't interested.

I do feel bad for Taylor. Not only is he inexperienced as a coach, but he has to scout and do all these things for draft and free agency, build a playbook, pick coordinators, etc.

That's why other teams have scouts and GM's.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:57 AM)thillan Wrote: The Ravens and Browns have been nailing it. Really, we are the only ones who aren’t in our division.

Any team in the NFL can get scouting reports from the man behind the Mayfield/Ward draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote